Jade's Search Thread

If you're looking to roleplay via the forums, this is the place to go. Post roleplay searches and check out what other people are looking for here.

Please remember to include a brief roleplay sample in your search post.
Forum rules
Board Rules apply in all forums.

All posts should be kept PG-13, including your sample posts.

Only OOC chat is allowed on this forum.

A sample post is mandatory.
TheJadedFeather

Jade's Search Thread

Post by TheJadedFeather » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:45 pm

Hey everyone! Jade here again, this post will just lay some helpful ground rules in case you wanna rp with me.

I'm pretty much down for anything, but it's still preferred to hash out the details before we start anything.
  • First, I only rp with my OC Aervora Edarix (aka Ava Evans, but I'll explain)
  • Second, I'm down for basically any genre, but things like romance and long adventure plots will take a lot of negotiation/hashing out, as Aeva is demisexual
  • Third, I''m also down for smut, but I prefer it connected to plot. I'm also down for anything except non-con, scat, waterworks, stuff like that
I'm available to rp on here, Tumblr, and Discord. I'm also down for Skype, as I do have one, but it'll be a lot more convenient if we just use the one's I recommended. My rp blog is https://aervora-edarix.tumblr.com/.

As for fandoms, I'm really only into the Marvel fandom (in terms of rp anyway), but if you'll really want to try something different out with Aervora, I'm more than willing to discuss what you have in mind.
  • Side-note: In terms of Marvel ships, I really only into shipping Steve/Tony, Bucky/Tony, and Steve/Tony/Bucky (sans Stucky; V-poly ship), so keep that in mind for any rps you wanna suggest
As for the Aervora Edarix aka Ava Evans difference, Aervora Edarix is an empathic alien with elvish looking ears, while Ava Evans is simply the human version of her.

I hope these few guidelines give you a helpful idea of what you might want to try out with me!
I think there's a flaw in my code...
These voices, they won't leave me alone Well, my heart is gold and my hands are cold.

Master of Shadows
Site Admin

Re: Jade's Search Thread

Post by Master of Shadows » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:49 pm

I have a primordial entity of darkness/shadow/chaos that might be fun. He's pretty adaptable and I've done everything from medieval fantasy to scifi with him. Overall, he can be described as a body changing, semi shapeshifting (only two forms unless you count in between stuff), shadow controlling, smug bastard. I'm fine with the idea of romance being absent. It's not a huge priority of mine in terms of RPs since I prefer plot/character development over anything else. Eury is a bit of an omnisexual (in the sense of male, female, human, alien, whatever, he'll chase after it) with a high sex drive, but the worst he'll do is being annoyingly flirty.

Is there a particular genre you have a major hankering for?
War is coming swiftly... ..You don't know my power... I will resist and bite.

TheJadedFeather

Post by TheJadedFeather » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:29 am

Master of Shadows wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:49 pm
I have a primordial entity of darkness/shadow/chaos that might be fun. He's pretty adaptable and I've done everything from medieval fantasy to scifi with him. Overall, he can be described as a body changing, semi shapeshifting (only two forms unless you count in between stuff), shadow controlling, smug bastard. I'm fine with the idea of romance being absent. It's not a huge priority of mine in terms of RPs since I prefer plot/character development over anything else. Eury is a bit of an omnisexual (in the sense of male, female, human, alien, whatever, he'll chase after it) with a high sex drive, but the worst he'll do is being annoyingly flirty.

Is there a particular genre you have a major hankering for?
Oooooooh, that sounds really good! Okay, I should explain how Aervora works then, since she's a rather... unique empath.

Aervora is an alien called an orvunorai. Orvunorai sense emotions, and by extension a complex aura called a "soulscape" via small sensory organs underneath their ears, which detects bioelectrical signals. The signals are interpretted visually within the brain, and the target's nervous system (if intelligent) is interpreted image that acts like an artistic representation of the target's consciousness, personality, mental health, etcetera; their very being, basically. Every soulscape is unique, no two are exactly the same.

So if you wanna write something with that, then I'm fully on board!

As for Aervora, she's just an ambassador of her people, and tends to travel the cosmos. However, multidimensional accidents can always happen during FTL travel, so... I'm not tied down to sci-fi ;)

There's also Ava Evans, who's her human counterpart. Same personality, different history, essentially.

I honestly don't really have a craving for a particular sort of genre. I am always down for Marvel rps tho (especially if they involve Tony Stark), so there's that. But yeah, if you have any ideas you wanna try out, let me know!!!
These voices, they won't leave me alone Well, my heart is gold and my hands are cold.

Master of Shadows
Site Admin

Post by Master of Shadows » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:36 am

I'm lowkey cackling because she'd likely freak out with dealing with Eury.

In his natural form, he's essentially an amorphous pile of ooze without any sort of nervous system to speak of. I'm..Not sure how to describe him except being similar to earth animals that are colonies. I.e Man O' Wars. Except he's highly intelligent and can tap into supernatural abilities. On top of that, his bodies are usually just vessels with no higher brain capabilities. So in that sense, he acts as the brain.

Personally, I wouldn't mind something scifi. I think I've played him in a scifi setting once.

TheJadedFeather

Post by TheJadedFeather » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:19 am

Master of Shadows wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:36 am
I'm lowkey cackling because she'd likely freak out with dealing with Eury.

In his natural form, he's essentially an amorphous pile of ooze without any sort of nervous system to speak of. I'm..Not sure how to describe him except being similar to earth animals that are colonies. I.e Man O' Wars. Except he's highly intelligent and can tap into supernatural abilities. On top of that, his bodies are usually just vessels with no higher brain capabilities. So in that sense, he acts as the brain.

Personally, I wouldn't mind something scifi. I think I've played him in a scifi setting once.
Yeah, Aeva would probably freak out, especially since he seems able to possess people - orvunorai hold autonomy almost sacredly.

I don't mind sci-fi either, but I might need a touch of help in terms of getting some stuff right and doing some worldbuilding. Also, we need a prompt, but my traitorous brain isn't coming up with anything. Ideas?

Master of Shadows
Site Admin

Post by Master of Shadows » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:26 am

That he can. Essentially, he can tap into the electrical signals in living things with a sufficiently large enough body for him to reside in. By doing that, he can effectively control them. Depending on how he feels, he can interrupt neurotransmitters and the like and essentially put them to "Sleep". Morally, that's not something he likes to do unless it's an emergency.

Also hngh. I love world building.

Honestly, start things out easy. Maybe some sort of spaceport and they just so happened to be assigned the same flight to where ever. Obviously, the dude with the freaky aura is going to garner some attention.

TheJadedFeather

Post by TheJadedFeather » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:55 am

Master of Shadows wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:26 am
Obviously, the dude with the freaky aura is going to garner some attention.
Yeah, how do you want me to describe his soulscape??? It can be basically anything, whether simple or surreal. Saturation of color is really the only thing that's important (apart from whatever symbolism in the image you might want to go with), as that indicates levels of overall apathy - the more desaturated the soul, the more apathetic (I wanted to avoid color symbolism, as that changes between cultures).
  • The reason I'm telling you this is because in orvunorai culture, apathetic people are associated with evil/bad (think of the phrase "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke")
For example, I commonly headcanon Tony's soulscape to look like a "warm" (very saturated) golden soul fill with spiralling glass and crystal radiating from his chest. The crystal and glass is also heavily cracked, implying poor mental health and trauma.

Also, I can start with a space port! A simple refueling and resupply scenario which we can start with. However, can you start the thread? I'm still figuring this site out, and I don't want to mess up anything ^^;

Master of Shadows
Site Admin

Post by Master of Shadows » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:11 am

A void. In a lot of RPs he's described as being akin to endless darkness or a black hole that wants to consume. One of his darker abilities involves being able to consume the life energy/soul/whatever of living creatures. So you can throw that in, if you want. Because of how old he is (read: ancient) he has a lot of baggage/trauma built up from eons of wandering the universe. He's neither good nor evil, he simply is; he does what's needed to achieve a sort of balance with everything. For those who have a sixth sight, they might see shadowy wisps around him; his presence gives life to the shadows around him. Despite his destructive abilities, he doesn't seek death and will in fact step into harms way to defend those who can't defend themselves. While his morals are loose in the sense of things he's willing to do, he has a very strong idea of how things should be and an inherent dislike of those who'd disrupt that. He kind of bounces along the whole neutral good-true neutral-chaotic neutral spectrum.

I kind of want to avoid outright saying what his soulscape should look like. I'd prefer to give you an idea of his character and have you come up with something. Much more fun that way, I think.

And sure, I can start, I already have plenty of ideas on what to write up.

TheJadedFeather

Post by TheJadedFeather » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:30 am

Yeah, that's perfect! I hope I do Eury's soulscape justice, it'll literally be the first thing I'll have to describe when she sees him (soulscapes are as clearly visible to orvunorai as faces are to us)