[R] The Lies of Spies [Pad & Kitty]

A band of adventurers embarking on a quest, a group of survivors fending off the zombie apocalypse. Threesomes, foursomes and moresomes. Any roleplays involving more than two people belong here.
Forum rules
All roleplay posts must be at least twelve sentences long (about two paragraphs) and have a rating in the title.

Suggested Ratings:

G: Open to everyone
PG-13: 13 years old and up
R: 15 years old and up
NC-17/18+: Restricted to Adults ONLY

Viewer discretion is advised
Board Rules apply in all forums.
TheJadedFeather

[R] The Lies of Spies [Pad & Kitty]

Post by TheJadedFeather » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:09 am

"On your right!" Aervora called out, as she swiftly ran past Steve, with him groaning behind her and frustration pulsing brightly from his fiery blue soul. Further back, the man Steve was trolling called out, "Hah! Not so fun when someone else does it!" It made her laugh, breathless and clean in the cool, morning air.

It was painfully early, with the sun barely above the horizon, and normally Aeva would still be asleep back in her cozy room in Avengers Tower, in New York. Yet, after some back and forth, Aeva was here at her own behest to visit Steve. She had missed him dearly, enjoying their time together when they explored the United States after the failed alien invasion, even if it was for different reasons.

However, she eventually took up Tony's offer to stay at Avengers Tower. It was the only place, apart from SHIELD, that offered a place for free, and it allowed her get her bearings more easily after being stranded on Earth. The Andromeda galaxy was many, many light years away, after all, and she wanted to... get as comfortable as possible, even as she hoped she'd return home someday.

And a great way of getting more comfortable here is pestering Steve, she amusingly thought, as she stopped by a tree when she got far enough ahead. Opening up her StarkPhone (generously given by Tony), she texted:

Hey Tony.-Aeva Ur probably not up rn, but I just lapped Steve.-Aeva You should've see the look on his face, it was PRICELESS XD-Aeva How are you doing?-Aeva
I think there's a flaw in my code...
These voices, they won't leave me alone Well, my heart is gold and my hands are cold.

padfoot;
Site Admin

Re: [R] The Lies of Spies [Pad & Kitty]

Post by padfoot; » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:20 am

He almost regretted asking Aeva to come along. She was faster than him, though, and it was refreshing to have someone near his own level to run with. It certainly riled up his competitive side. But she had taken a leaf from his book and was trolling him, much like he'd been doing with the guy who ran the same track as him. Hearing the stranger laugh made him speed up just a little bit so he could pass him once again.

"On your left!"

He got flipped off for his effort and Steve let out a breathless laugh as he continued running. He took another lap around when Aeva stopped, and followed after the other guy when he sat down not far from where Aeva was at.

"Need a medic?"

"I need a new set of lungs," the other man managed between breaths. He looked at him in astonishment."Dude, you just ran like thirteen miles in thirty minutes."

"I guess I got a late start," he answered.

Sam didn't bother to hide his "seriously?' look. "Oh, really? You should be ashamed of yourself. You should take another lap." He shook his head, hesitating before waving a hand in his direction. "Did you just take it? I assumed you just took it."

Steve smiled at his sarcasm and eyed him knowingly.

"What unit you with?"

"Fifty-eighth, Pararescue. But now I'm working down at the VA." He offered his hand to the blond, message clear. "Sam Wilson."

Steve didn't hesitate and grabbed his hand to help him up, tugging him easily, unbothered by his weight. "Steve Rogers," he introduced himself.

"I kind of put that together."

Steve shrugged.

"Must have freaked you out coming home after the whole defrosting thing," Sam wondered.

Yeah, that was the understatement of the century. And that Sam pointed it out jarred him out of some of his good mood. "..It takes some getting used to." He couldn't help but feel a little disappointed that that was what the man focused on. He supposed he'd might as well get used to it, but either way it was annoying. "It's good to meet you, Sam." Steve turned away, intending to leave.

"It's your bed, right?" Sam asked, grabbing his attention again, and making him turn around, eyebrows raised in interest.

"What's that?"

Sam smiled a little bit, expression knowing. "Your bed, it's too soft," he clarified. "When I was over there I'd sleep on the ground and use rock for pillows, like a caveman. Now I'm home, lying in my bed, and it's like..."

The blond's shoulders relaxed noticeably and he nodded, finishing the sentence for him. "Lying on a marshmallow. Feel like I'm gonna sink right to the floor."

Sam's smile brightened, if at all possible. Steve rocked back against his heels and eyed him with interest now. Being able to relate to someone his own age, about their military history or otherwise, was a change of pace. Talking about something other than what happened to him was nice.

"How long?" He asked curiously.

"Two tours." Sam eyed him right back, not missing a beat. "You must miss the good old days, huh?"

He almost didn't hold back his laugh but figured it might be taken wrong. Sam got to the point, at least. He liked that. Instead of laughing, he just shrugged, nonchalant. "Well, things aren't so bad. Food's a lot better, we used to boil everything. No polio is good." He paused. "Internet, so helpful. I've been reading that a lot trying to catch up." And being scarred for life by a lot things he found. Not that he could complain much. The internet was amazing, that much he knew already.

Sam seemed to think about something before speaking again, before Steve could fully assume the conversation was over and he oughta' leave. "Marvin Gaye, 1972, "Trouble Man" soundtrack. Everything you've missed jammed into one album."

He couldn't help but smile again, having gotten used to everyone giving him ideas of what to watch or listen to. It was actually alright, considering there was so much stuff to catch up on. "I'll put it on the list." He took out his notepad, having started to carry it around with him everywhere he went, just in case. He wrote down what he'd said, and put it away again. He looked back up at Sam.

"Thanks for the run. If that's what you wanna call running," he teased.

Sam sent him a look that seemed both bothered and amused all in one expression.

"Oh, that's how it is?"

Steve shrugged. "That's how it is.." He glanced around for Aeva and waved her over when she caught his eye.

TheJadedFeather

Post by TheJadedFeather » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:26 am

"Don't listen to him Sam, he wouldn't know running if I'd lap him 100 times over!" Aervora called out as she walked over, stowing her phone away in her pocket. Walking up to Sam, she introduced herself.

"Aervora Edarix, stranded ambassador of the U.A.S., and current baby sitter for Captain America," she teasingly introduced, curling a strand of her hair behind an ear. Even in a french braid, it was still as wild and untamed as ever.
Last edited by TheJadedFeather on Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
These voices, they won't leave me alone Well, my heart is gold and my hands are cold.

padfoot;
Site Admin

Post by padfoot; » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:56 am

Sam turned his attention to her when her voice rang out towards them and he offered her a polite smile in greeting. Her comment got a bit of a chuckle from him, mostly at Steve's scowl in response to it.

"U.A. S?" He eyed her extra appendages and pointy ears with interest, though not rudely. "I didn't realize any aliens stuck around after the invasion," he remarked, eyebrow raised. He smiled at the babysitting part, which made Steve scowl deeper.

"Ha ha. Funny," Steve said with a roll of his eyes, but he answered his question. "And she's not one of the Chitauri, she's Orvunorai. And she didn't come with them."

TheJadedFeather

Post by TheJadedFeather » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:11 am

"Stands for United Alliance of Systems. Think Star Trek with its Federation, but in the Andromeda Galaxy instead of the Milky Way. I..." Aervora looked down as she quirked a small smile, trying to hide her sadness; it tended to make humans uncomfortable. She looked up, admitting, "I'm a long way from home, so to speak. But hey, at least Stevie here isn't the only one out of time," she also joked.

"As for the Chitauri, I'd rather cut off my own remurnae than ever join them," she disdainfully said, remembering the horrible monsters.
Last edited by TheJadedFeather on Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

padfoot;
Site Admin

Post by padfoot; » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:24 am

Sam looked a little more sure of himself at her explanation, though he wasn't much of a Star Trek fan himself, the name sort of made sense all on it's own. He didn't bother to ask anymore invasive questions, though, when she looked like a kicked puppy when talking about her home. He wasn't used to aliens being a thing, like the Avengers were, though. He'd definitely be asking later if he ever got the opportunity to learn more.

"Makes two of us," he remarked. "Whatever those are." He sent her a teasing smile so she knew he was just joshing around. Steve snorted softly at their interaction.

"Well..Aeva and I were just about finished with our run, yeah?" He looked at her for clarification.

TheJadedFeather

Post by TheJadedFeather » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:38 am

Aervora nodded, smirking. "Yeah, I'm done. Got tired of lapping you, anyway," she snarked, as she stretched her arms up in a tight position, churring like a cat.

As she released and relaxed, she took the time to more closely observe Sam's soul. It was a pretty one, with rich, vibrant red and clean, silver feathers, swiftly swirling about in a gentle, soothing breeze. And his physical body is just as pretty, Aervora amusedly surmised.