[r. padfoot]Please Allow Me to Introduce Myself [mxm] I'm a Man of Wealth and Taste[18+]

From Firefly to Silent Hill and Hogwarts to Middle Earth, roleplays involving television, videogames, films, books, anime and comics go here.
Forum rules
All roleplay posts must be at least twelve sentences long (about two paragraphs) and have a rating in the title.

Suggested Ratings:

G: Open to everyone
PG-13: 13 years old and up
R: 15 years old and up
NC-17/18+: Restricted to Adults ONLY

Viewer discretion is advised
Board Rules apply in all forums.
Master of Shadows
Site Admin

[r. padfoot]Please Allow Me to Introduce Myself [mxm] I'm a Man of Wealth and Taste[18+]

Post by Master of Shadows » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:35 am

I've been around for a long, long year
Eury had always wondered if there were other planes of existence besides earth, heaven, and hell. The whole…Multiverse theory idea. Not to mention, his own defunct precognitive abilities where he had been able to see multiple futures. He had always wondered if an infinite number of worlds existed where someone had made another choice rather than the one they had chosen. These were the things that he thought about when he got stoned out of his mind. Nothing ever came of them, naturally. They were simply idle thoughts.

That is, until he found the book. Some wrinkled up prune of a supernatural collector kicked he bucket and Eury, of course, went to the estate sale. There, he picked up a number of things, including a plain, leather bound book. At first he thought that it was nothing special, maybe a journal of some sort. Even those could be highly interesting. He forgot about it for a few weeks till he finally noticed it again on his desk.

It wasn’t at all what he expected. The book details the author’s adventures in other planes. Not heaven or hell, but alternate worlds. This simply fascinated Eury and he read on, taking note of the rituals involved. Being as old as he was and as experienced, he could usually tell pretty quickly on if a ritual was bunk. This didn’t seem like bunk at all. Pretty quickly, he decided that he wanted to give it a try; he’d just need to figure out how to incorporate his shadows into it since the rite mentioned needing a lot of energy. The author had done sacrifices, and frankly, that was just too messy.

It took him another few weeks to gather up the supplies, but soon, he was in his ritual room setting everything up. He squashed down the muted excitement he felt, knowing that it would distract him. Then with a long exhale, he started the ritual. Slowly, he felt the power build up. Teleporting around the world was no big deal, but he suspected that this was going to take a bit more umph to accomplish.

When he felt the energy reach its peak, he drew his shadows up around him as he focused. Frankly, he had no idea on where he was going, and in the back of his mind, he expected it to fail. Initially, it felt like any other teleportation, but this changed quite quickly to something more disorientating. Oddly enough, his shadows were somewhat translucent, and he was able to watch as his ritual room seemed to blur and bleed into something else. An apartment it seemed, but much more spacious. It reminded him of his New York City apartment. To an outside observer, it was much like watching heat waves on a road, but with something shadowy worming its way into existence.

Furrowing his brows, he dropped his shadows and looked around, confused. The place was tastefully done, bland in color, but clearly some sort of living place. How awkward would that be if he just popped into someone’s living room?

From another part of the floor he was able to hear a borderline monotonous male voice informing someone of ‘an intruder’. Had he not been so confused, he might have been insulted, since after all, he hadn’t exactly planned on popping into someone’s home. A second male voice responded, sounding annoyed, but this was from behind him. Sighing, he turned to address whoever it was.

Rendering Eurynome speechless was not something easily done, so with that in mind, his reaction was a bit comical. He held up a finger and opened his mouth to speak, but clamped his mouth shut, then tilted his head as if he was considering something. Finally he let his hand drop down to his side. It took another moment for him to actually manage to wrap his mind around what he was seeing to speak. “Who…Are you?”

The reason for his momentary speechlessness? Well, the person that had stepped into the room and was staring back at him was the splitting image of himself. Hair, facial hair, hell, even the taste in clothing. Suffice to say, Eury had no idea what to think. Apparently, his ritual had been successful, but this was not what he had expected.

All the sinners, saints.
War is coming swiftly... ..You don't know my power... I will resist and bite.

Master of Shadows
Site Admin

Re: [r. padfoot]Please Allow Me to Introduce Myself [mxm] I'm a Man of Wealth and Taste[18+]

Post by Master of Shadows » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:41 am

Tony heard the sound of the air being sucked out of the living room but he didn't quite register it until Jarvis' voice piped in telling he had an intruder. Blinking and leaving the bedroom, where he'd been contemplating taking a shower, he stopped halfway to the living room and scowled.

"You know, I think you need a few upgrades, Jarvis. First Coulson and now this? You're supposed to be a security system too, you know. What ever happened to that?"

Calling his gauntlets, Tony crossed his arms over his chest, and eyed the man in his living room. When he turned around, though, Tony's eyebrows rose and he blinked owlishly. He followed the other man's hand when he moved it but couldn't seem to pull away from his face for too long.

What the fuck?

Frowning at the question, Tony lifted his hands as the gauntlets came his way, and raised an eyebrow at him.

"Considering you're in my house, shouldn't I be asking you that?" He flexed his hands as they settled over his wrists and fired up the repulsor just in case.

Master of Shadows
Site Admin

Re: [r. padfoot]Please Allow Me to Introduce Myself [mxm] I'm a Man of Wealth and Taste[18+]

Post by Master of Shadows » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:42 am

He scrutinized the other man, wondering if this was himself in some weird way. The guy looked perfectly human. That's when he saw what seemed to be gauntlets shoot over to him. Telekenesis, maybe? No. That looked to be some sort of technology. Lightly, he tilted his head as he tried to puzzle out what the gauntlets were.

Oh what the hell? The guy sounded exactly like him. This was getting stranger and stranger.

"Well, I didn't exactly intend to pop into your living room." His attention shifted back to the other's face. "Right now though, I'm wondering why the hell you look exactly like me." Curiously he moved towards the other. Off the bat, he seriously couldn't see any form of difference between them.

Although, as his eyes drifted down, they settled on the middle of the other's chest where there was a blueish glow. That was definitely different.

Master of Shadows
Site Admin

Tony frowned at him. "No? Lemme guess. Drunk and happened to go through the wrong window?" Of course that was impossible, and the spectacular view of New York out the glass windows across from them were a good indication of it.

"I don't know," he said, shrugging. "Why do you look like me?" He contemplated the thought for a second, not coming up with anything on the spot. Yup. Short of dreaming, he couldn't think of anything.

When the other man moved to get close, Tony held his hand up, and gave him a pointed look.

"How about you just stick to your own personal space bubble and I don't shoot you for now?"

Master of Shadows
Site Admin

He glanced behind himself at the window and was immediately greeted by the New York City skyline. So he managed to go from Canada to NYC. Interesting. Looking back to the other, "No, no alcohol involved. Just some weird ritual I found." That worked.

"Alternate universe is my best guess. 'Cause I'm the only one that looks like this," he indicated himself, "where I'm from."

The threat caused him to snort, "Shoot me with what? I don't see you packing anything." Drifting away, he started exploring the living room, quickly finding the bar. A happy sound was made when he found the whiskey. However, for now, he didn't make a move to get a drink.

"So, what the hell is your name, anyway?"

Master of Shadows
Site Admin

The man's words immediately peeked his interest. "Ritual?" What the hell did that mean? Was this some weird alien shit going down now? He didn't particularly care to repeat Loki's brand of humor or any other magics being involved.

He eyed the man warily and didn't bother to say anything right away. His mind got stuck on the words alternative universe without his permission and he only snapped out of it at the man's next dismissive comment.

"Trust me, I'm packing alright," he quipped, but didn't take his eyes away from him even when he moved away. He pursed his lips, biting back an annoyed sound when the man looked around with interest.

Stepping closer but staying on the other side of the bar, Tony snorted. "Why don't you go first? And you can explain this "ritual" while you're at it."

Master of Shadows
Site Admin

He made an affirmative noise at the question, but then blinked. "Oh. Right. You probably have no idea what I'm talking about." Slowly, he started digging through the various alcohols, approving of the selection.

"That makes two of us." Not that he really looked like he had anything, but he had his shadows. At least, he thought he did. Squinting slightly he eyed a shadow in the corner of the bar. It gave a slight wiggle. Good.

Straightening up, he leaned forward on the counter, purposely invading the other's personal space a bit. "Eurynome. I prefer Eury though. Easier to say." Then, he shrugged slightly. "I found a book at an estate sale, author claimed that they had traveled between worlds. It looked legit, I gave it a whirl, I ended up here."

A slight smirk formed on his face, "If your ego is nearly half as big as mine...Well. Things ought to be interesting."

Master of Shadows
Site Admin

"Nope," he answer readily. "Like I don't know why you're touching my alcohol." It was different when he was behind the bar and negotiating with an alien stranger but this was a whole new level of weird he didn't know what to do with.

"Oh?" He looked him over again, not finding any signs of a weapon, which made him uneasy but wonder if he was bluffing. He eyed him and followed his gaze, looking at the corner and back, not finding anything interesting.

Tony gritted his teeth when the man-Eurynome, seriously? And he thought Thor was bad- moved forward but only shifted so they were seeing eye to eye.

At his explanation, Tony gave him a brief look of disbelief, but truly contemplated his words. If he wasn't lying, he didn't know what to think. And if he was lying, then who the hell was he?

Rolling his eyes, he pushed back away from the counter.

"Okay, say I believe you. Shouldn't you be worried about getting back?"

Master of Shadows
Site Admin

"Because with a place this nice, you should have a good selection. I sure as hell do." As it was, he was satisfied with the selection, but he wasn't any closer to having any answers about who this man was.

"Mm. I think I'll keep that bit quiet. No sense in showing my hand. You certainly haven't." It was weird as hell looking at this guy. Was this what it was like for human twins? There was absolutely nothing different about the other's face. It was as if he was looking in a mirror.

"Maybe. Then again, I kinda deserve a vacation from the general fuckery of everything." A slight pause. "I dunno about you, but I've kinda wondered what it would be like to literally fuck myself. And, well..." He slightly shrugged and gestured at the other.

Master of Shadows
Site Admin

"Good to know you're judging," he murmured, just to say something. He didn't know what to think. He didn't feel comfortable with this guy in his house but he couldn't exactly tell him to take a hike either.

"Well," Tony flexed his hand, making the gauntlets whir. "That's not quite true." But it was clear to him that Eury didn't know what he was carrying around.

A flash of surprise crossed his face for a fraction of second before it disappeared and was replaced with a flat look. However, at least mentally, he couldn't exactly he hadn't thought about it.

"As nice as the offer sounds, I'd rather verify your story before we fight about who sticks their dick in who." He gave him a pointed look that clearly told him the answer to that question.

"Jarvis?"

"Yes, sir?" The AI replied.

"What can you tell about alternative universes? Any signs of another portal being opened recently?" He kept his eye on Eury as he focused on his questions. "If you can shoot Thor a message through Jane, that would be good. Tell me this isn't a Loki situation." Although he doubted the man in front of him was Loki. He wouldn't have bothered with the ruse and just gloated.

Master of Shadows
Site Admin

Post by Master of Shadows » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:43 am

Softly, he snorted, "I get that your gauntlet has something to do with it. What, I don't know. My expertise isn't with mechanical. Arcane and supernatural...Yeah, I can basically talk circles around anyone." That didn't mean that he wasn't curious, however.

He made a face that could pass as a pout. "Well, I suppose that I can't blame you. As far as I can tell, you're human." Which of course hinted that he wasn't. When the second male voice spoke up, he looked up in surprise. "...Huh."

There was a slight pause as Jarvis shifted through his databases to bring up the relevant information, "There are a number of quantum physics theories pertaining to alternative universes. Including, but not limited to, multiverse theory and string theory. It is possible that Eurynome is from one of the other worlds that's linked to Asgard." A pause, "No sir. There haven't been any indications that another portal has been opened. I have already sent a message to Jane."

Eury blinked a few times as this all went on. "Wait. Why are you talking about Norse mythology. And no, I'm not from Asgard or anything related to that. I'm from earth. Well, a different earth I'm guessing."

Pushing away from the bar, he started for the windows to look out. "Anytime I got stoned off my ass, I always had the theory that there were other worlds. The problem was, I was never able to prove it, or actually get into one." Turning around, he faced the other, a hint of the excitement he felt showing on his face. "All this basically means I was right."

Master of Shadows
Site Admin

The mention of the supernatural made Tony frown a little deeper. The guy's interests weren't making him look any more trustworthy either. He just hoped it wasn't some Harry Potter shit. He had enough with Loki and his scepter causing trouble.

Eyebrows furrowing, and keeping in mind his implication, he turned his attention to the AI instead of participating in banter.

The news didn't make almost any of his nerves settle, but at least another nasty portal hadn't been open. It just brought up the question about what had? How did he get here? And if he could do it, could someone else?

Sighing, Tony shrugged his shoulders. "I'm not talking mythology," he answered, almost a grumble. He watched Eury move to the windows and kept a few feet of distance as he followed. His look got one of curiosity in return.

"You get high and introspective often?"

Master of Shadows
Site Admin

"Ok, well. Maybe for your world it's not mythology. For mine, it is. The gods of mythology are more what you'd consider demi-gods, but without worshipers they either weaken or they die." Lightly, he frowned and mused aloud, "Which means that there's both similarities and differences between the respective worlds. I wonder how far those go."

Lightly, he rubbed the back of his neck and glanced out the window before looking back to the other. "Sometimes, yeah. Mostly to unwind, more than anything." A short pause, "You never did tell me your name."

Master of Shadows
Site Admin

Tony just raised an eyebrow at his observation and said with a flat look. "We have aliens." So okay, maybe they were god-like aliens but they still came from another planet. And Tony wasn't by any means religious so seeing Thor as a God was a little ridiculous when he'd seen the guy in boxers eating poptarts out of the box.

He crossed his arms at the reminder and shrugged.

"Stark. I'd offer you a drink, but I don't feel like it. You caught me in a bad mood." It was about 6 am and he had been awake for about 34 hours. He'd just been thinking of bathing and trying to drown himself in the tub till he fell asleep when his plans were ruined.

Master of Shadows
Site Admin

"..Huh." Well, if Asgard existed on another plane, much like heaven and hell did, it would make sense that they'd be called 'aliens', he supposed. Slowly, he was making a mental list of similarities and differences. This seemed closer to the Fringe idea of there being two universes that were similar, but different.

"I'm more than capable of helping myself to a drink." Finally, he moved back over to Stark. "So. Tell me about yourself. I've already told you a bit about myself."

Master of Shadows
Site Admin

"I've noticed," he grumbled under his breath. He'd have to clean the place once he left in case there were any alternative dimension germs hanging around in the air or something.

Tony's eyebrows furrowed and he took a step back when Eury moved forward. "I'm a Gemini, I like redheads, long walks on the beach, and for guy's who show up in my tower unannounced to keep their distance."

Master of Shadows
Site Admin

For now, he ignored the grumbling. It was a weird situation for the both of them, probably more so for Stark. Still, Eury's curiosity pretty much overruled everything right now.

He found it a bit strange that his alternate was acting so wary, but he supposed that if he was human, he'd be much the same way. "Who doesn't[/i[ like redheads? Seriously." Then, he titled his head slightly. "Tower? So you own this whole building?"

Master of Shadows
Site Admin

Tony eyed him briefly before moving over to the bar. Even if he didn't care to share a drink, he was pretty sure he'd need one himself for any sort of conversation.

"Yes," he said simply, grabbing a glass. He poured himself two fingers of whiskey and drank it down before filling it up again. "I own a lot of things."

Master of Shadows
Site Admin

Well, there was one similarity between them, for sure. "Mm. So do I." Finally, he flopped down in a chair, stretching out as if he owned the place, and not Stark. Lightly, he scratched at the side of his jaw. He hadn't bothered to shave that morning, having done the ritual first thing after breakfast.

"So, what do you do? I mean, for a job. I mostly collect things. Supernatural artifacts. Books. It's a hobby more than anything. I'll sell whatever doesn't meet my criteria. Technically, I own a whole bunch of real estate."

Master of Shadows
Site Admin

Post by Master of Shadows » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:44 am

He raised an eyebrow at that but wasn't curious enough to ask yet. He gritted his teeth when the guy laid down and eyed him as he drank the second glass.

"I build things," he said after a second, leaning against the counter. He was too tired to relax around a stranger even with the distance between them but he let himself lean all his weight on it. "Have a multibillion dollar business." He shrugged. "Pays for cheese burgers.'

Master of Shadows
Site Admin

"Building is is fun. What sorta things do you build?" Then he slowly nodded at the mention of the business. "I'm not billionaire, but I make enough to live more than comfortably." Then, he laughed, "And I sure as hell can't fault you there. Nothing's wrong with a good cheeseburger."

After a moment, he shifted himself so that he could see the other a bit easier. "Dude, I'm not going to suddenly eat your face or something."

Master of Shadows
Site Admin

"Different things. Mostly weapons, defense technology." He waved a finger at him pointedly. He wasn't making so many weapons any longer but he had his finger on quite a lot of pies at this point.

Eyebrows rising at his comment, Tony finished his drink, and debated having another. "No? Good. I'm rather attached to it." Rolling his eyes, he poured himself two more fingers of whiskey, before moving to sit on the other side of the counter.

Master of Shadows
Site Admin

"Huh. Neat." That was definitely something interesting. It seemed that his counterpart was also something of an intellectual, even if it was a different field of study. After a few moments, he got up and started for the bar, himself. When in Rome..

"Mm. It's a nice face." He snagged himself a glass and also poured himself some whiskey.

At this point, Jarvis spoke up. "Sir? Jane says that there has been nothing unusual in Asgard. Loki is still imprisoned. However, scans have indicated something unusual. 1.649 milliseconds before the arrival of your guest, there was a large spike of energy. In addition, he isn't human. There is nothing that matches with any of my databases."

Master of Shadows
Site Admin

Tony followed him with his gaze, bringing up the glass to his lips to hide a frown, as he passed him and went around the bar. "Of course you'd think so," he replied. They looked the same, after all.

At Jarvis speaking, Tony sighed. Well, at least it wasn't Loki, but then what the hell were they supposed to do about getting rid of him if there didn't seem to be evidence of how he showed up? "Thanks, Jarvis. Shut off the elevators for my floors, will you? Don't want Pepper coming up here."

"Of course, sir. Would you like me to do anything else?"

Tony sipped his drink. "Just take a nap, J. I got this."

Master of Shadows
Site Admin

He looked up at the voice a bit curiously before focusing on Stark. "...AI?" It was the first thing that came to mind. However, the mention of 'Pepper' made him curious, but who the time being, he didn't ask. Something told him that the other man was probably going to get more defensive than he already was.

Quiet for the moment, he took a sip of his drink to allow himself to think for a bit. "I can say that I didn't expect the rite to work, and I definitely didn't intend to land in your apartment. The rite, itself, needed to be fueled by energy. Specifically, a blood sacrifice. Not really my cup of tea. Too messy. So, I'm suspecting the "energy spike" was from me using my own energy to basically tunnel into this world."