[18+] Some Secrets [r. Midsummer] Should Remain Lost

From Firefly to Silent Hill and Hogwarts to Middle Earth, roleplays involving television, videogames, films, books, anime and comics go here.
Forum rules
All roleplay posts must be at least twelve sentences long (about two paragraphs) and have a rating in the title.

Suggested Ratings:

G: Open to everyone
PG-13: 13 years old and up
R: 15 years old and up
NC-17/18+: Restricted to Adults ONLY

Viewer discretion is advised
Board Rules apply in all forums.
Master of Shadows
Site Admin

Re: [18+] Some Secrets [r. Midsummer] Should Remain Lost

Post by Master of Shadows » Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:10 pm

"Because I was climbing out of the vent?" He absently gestured at his still damp hair. The shower had made him feel better, at least. His skin didn't feel as tight, but it was still kind of pinchy in places. Maybe it was just a case of dry skin, but it felt too extensive to be anything but an upcoming shed.

"Too bad." Smoothing the shirt, he turned and snagged the bowl that was clearly his. "Because I don't like being stared at?" It both made him feel self conscious and kinda made him want to lash out. More the former than the latter, however. Because of how his fingers were jointed, he wasn't able to manipulate the fork very well. So, he sort of tilted the bowl and scraped the food into his mouth to eat. Now and then, he'd pause to pick out a large chunk of meat with his fingers since he wasn't able to manipulate the fork enough to cut it.

"Ah." The name held no significance to him. Perhaps if he had been someone involved in the scientific field the name would have carried more weight. Despite eating, he remained standing, tail lightly, but lazily swishing behind him. In a way, his tail was a prime indication on his mood. The slower the movements, the calmer he was. However, the quicker and more violent the tail moved, the angrier he was.

"So what's this news you were mentioning?"
War is coming swiftly... ..You don't know my power... I will resist and bite.

Midsummer Angel

Post by Midsummer Angel » Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:33 pm

"Self-concious? Fine. You look nice, by the way." Robert said, seemingly more concerned with eating his food than actually looking if his words had impact. He had an odd way of eating; always using his utensils with such neatness and daintiness, and yet, he seems to be able to finish everything, including the stray pieces of rice. That and he seemed to enjoy his food a lot. Occasionally, he'd stare at Clayton, or his fingers, more specifically, but then he'd go back to eating, seemingly more interested in that.

He nodded, managing to finish first. "Yeah. Pleasure to meet you." Robert said, not bothering to hide the fact that he was staring at his tail. "Is that like a cat's tail? Like a mood indicator?" He asked. It seems the questions were about to begin but thankfully, he also remembered that he brings news with him.

"We're docking for supplies and some maintenance in a week. Thought you might want to know, especially since they might scan the ship." He said with a shrug. "There's also the fact that we might get more men, but that's kind of impossible at the moment." Robert said, leaving out the unimportant part where he'd most likely get wheeled into an actual hospital if his foot didn't settle down. It was only a sprain. Everyone else was overreacting in his opinion.

Master of Shadows
Site Admin

Post by Master of Shadows » Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:49 pm

"Says the guy who would happily stick fingers in every orifice and then some." He grouched between bites. While he missed the dexterity of human fingers, his made up for that in sheer strength. After all, he was fully capable of climbing up walls and scurrying along the ceiling. It wasn't something he did often due to how physically taxing it was. Likely, he needed to build up more muscle strength to do it.

He glanced over at the question with a frown, "Unfortunately." It was probably handy for those around him since he tended to have a bit of a resting bitch face. Mentally, he braced himself for a barrage of questions, but when they didn't arrive he peered over his bowl curiously. It seemed that Robert had chosen to talk about the news.

"Didn't this ship scan the one we were on? Because I was awake before they docked and if they scanned, I should have shown up...From my understanding, if the organism isn't in the scanner's DNA data banks, it won't show up and since this is a research vessel I'd assume it'd have the most up to date data banks and a lot of things commercial ships wouldn't have." Then, he tilted his head slightly, "Why's that impossible?"

Midsummer Angel

Post by Midsummer Angel » Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:02 am

"Yup. Thanks." He said, taking the words as a compliment. He was done eating now, and so had relaxed on his place on the bed. "Cat tail mood indicator. Does that make you any closer to a cat? Eh..." He shook his head. News first, questions later. He was getting off-track here. He hummed quietly, before shaking his head again in a definite no.

"The ship only scanned for human life forms, and from what I remember, spliced DNA is counted as alien DNA. The system probably didn't recognize you. Plus, the systems of the Gabriel were down and dropped, except for the emergency alert system. That said, they couldn't exchange data for a scan. The priority was to get the humans out." He said, trying to explain it as he remembered it. Terry would've explained it better. Robert often just tilted his head curiously during explanations with a confused look on his face. "Ships exchange data before docking, and that means, they're going to scan the ship before we dock. How are you gonna hide?" He had an idea of course, but wouldn't push through with it, really.

At the question, he looked away. "We're one of the smallest ships. They prioritize other, bigger ships that need more scientists and men, as they're holding the more dangerous species. For them, " He shrugged, seemingly disappointed. "A ship like this can function well with just it's skeleton crew, especially since we simply float around in deep space instead of going directly from planet to planet."

Master of Shadows
Site Admin

Post by Master of Shadows » Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:12 am

"...Oh yes. I'll happily claw your eyeballs out should you touch me wrong.." Finishing the bowl of food, he set it on on the small end table next to the bed. However, he raised an eyebrow at Robert's explanation. "I can understand the exchange of data between science ships, but it makes no sense to me that a science ship, with all sorts of ethically questionable experiments would share data with a civilian ship. It'd be like a military R&D department computer sharing information on projects with every computer in the world. Just seems counter-intuitive to me."

Lightly he shrugged, "Well, I just need the ship to dock long enough for me to jump to the station." Like hell he was going to stick around on a research vessel. If Robert didn't like that idea, well, he could fuck right the hell off.

Midsummer Angel

Post by Midsummer Angel » Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:43 am

He shrugged. "Don't shoot the messenger. I don't know all that much on how it works. Terry knows it better. I still get caught up in the security for forgetting a few IDs." He pointed out, before visibly deflating at the implications. He pouted, shooting Clayton a rather dejected look. He held it for a few seconds, green eyes staring straight at him before he sighed softly.

"You're gonna stay on the station?" He asked, looking completely saddened by the idea. "Why? Stations have higher security and all that." Well, it was wishful thinking anyway. He'd probably get hauled back to the ship after. Robert really shouldn't care. Shame though. All the things he could learn. He shook his head. "Fine. I'll just have to learn everything I can this week." He said, looking a lot more cheered up by the thought.

His gaze went to the tail again and he tilted his head. "Question, are there any behavioral traits you exhibit? Like... The non-human traits that are exhibited? For example, Taxxons exhibit strong voracity and blood lust and will eat anything that is wounded, even itself." He said, leaning forward a bit. "And there's the tentacled species who, oddly enough, majorly dislike the wet temperatures, preferring the cool darkness instead." He murmured, eyes once more mesmerized by the tail.

Master of Shadows
Site Admin

Post by Master of Shadows » Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:55 am

"Not for long. Going to try and get on a ship that's destined for plantside." Then he scoffed, "The longer I stay here, the most at risk I am for being found, shoved into stasis, and going back to being a lab rat. I'd rather take my chances at being shot, thanks." In his eyes, it said a lot that he'd rather risk death than go back to a room that provided three hots and a cot. Though, considering how Robert had been so far, he doubted that other man would understand. The man was utterly enthralled with the idea of studying him, and Clayton was suspecting that the other might try something to keep him on the ship.

"...The fuck is a Taxxon? Actually. Don't answer that. I don't want to know." Crossing his arms, he eyed Robert. "Behavioral traits, like what?" Quite quickly, he put two and two together on where the scientist was staring. With a slight twitch of his tail, the tip suddenly lashed out and came dangerously close to the other man's ear. "Stop staring."

Midsummer Angel

Post by Midsummer Angel » Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:06 am

"Plantside?" Again, he sounded dejected with the idea, but didn't push the issue further, instead his eyes focused back on the tail and he described what Taxxons are. "Look like overly large centipedes with a large mouth on its head that has rows upon rows of jagged teeth, and four, beady Red eyes atop its head. I heard there were albino ones with white eyes and some with black, but that's just a myth. I haven't seen one that wasn't cultivated in the labs." He said, eyes staring straight at the tail.

The tail he had oh-so-intently been observing suddenly disappeared from view and Robert let out a startled yelp when he found it poised near his ear. "Would you rather I touch?!" He squeaked, sounding a little surprised before he shook his head. "It's not like I'm staring at your dick. It's a tail! I'm curious to how it works because I don't have one! Even cats play with other cat's tails." Robert said, shifting his eyes so he could look straight up at Clayton.

"Behavioral, like sudden territorial feelings, hypersensitivity to heat, new instincts, the need to eat something, the need to do a certain movement you never even used to do... Those things." He listed them off on his fingers, all the while keeping eye contact, though he was obviously trying not to stare at the tail just a few spaces from his ear. Would the tail be leathery? Scaly? Smooth? He didn't notice he was mumbling on texture properties and his eyes gradually shifted so he was staring at the offending appendage mere inches from his face.

Master of Shadows
Site Admin

Post by Master of Shadows » Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:19 am

"Planetside. Easier to disappear and move around." He couldn't help but roll his eyes when the other started in on what the Taxxons were, despite Clayton having told him not to. A case of selective hearing, he supposed. Not really a good idea, especially if he happened to ignore something that ended up being important. On the other hand, the near squawk the other made was well worth it.

"I'd rather you treat me like a person and not something that needs to be cataloged and examined." He paused before adding, "Sure cats do, but when one gets tired of it, bitch slaps tend to happen." At least the tail seemed to be a nice deterrent for the time being. "Being stared at tends to be taken as a sign of aggression. Honestly, I'm much the same as I was before. About the only thing I'd do differently is sleeping in a hammock, but that's more of a comfort thing."

When Robert started mumbling, Clayton just sighed and used the tip of his tail to flick the other's ear before pulling his tail back to him. "The skin is no different than a Xeno's, christ."

Midsummer Angel

Post by Midsummer Angel » Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:08 am

He yelped again, more startled with the touch than anything. "Oh... I see. I just thought it would be something like chitin or something." He mumbled, eyeing the tail before meeting Clayton's gaze. He rubbed his ear, before looking away awkwardly. "So she you telling me I shouldn't look? I mean... Well..." He seemed to be confused, mixing the thoughts of animal behavior and all that before shaking his head. The man was right. Just because he had a different set of legs and a tail doesn't mean he isn't human too. Robert smiled.

"Alright. I'm sorry." He said, before sighing. "It's a shame since you're so interesting, but fine. I'll try not to be a scientist in you. What's your full name? Where were you born? Can you tell me about your missions?" Looks like no matter the topic, Robert liked asking loads upon loads of questions. "Is it true that most squads don't have female participants? And what kinds of guns do you know how to use? Oooh. And how were your mates like? How did the team function?"

He rattled on and on, before his questions once more turned into muttering. Then, he stopped, looking expectantly up at Clayton and waiting for answers for the rapid fire questions he just shot the man.

Master of Shadows
Site Admin

Post by Master of Shadows » Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:31 am

Honestly, it was like skin, just a bit thicker, giving that the skin on his forearms flexed when the muscle underneath did. Clayton sighed, "I"m not saying you can't look. I'm saying you can't stare. Think about a predatory animal. Staring is an aggressive and confrontational move. Kind of the same thing." At least Robert seemed to be getting the idea of things. Kind of. It was hard to tell how long it'd last.

He nodded at the apology, but then sighed at the next barrage of questions. At least they were more about general life things instead of super personal type stuff like bodily fluids. "Clayton Barker. I was born on a military hospital ship...Parents are both career military." He chose to skip over the mission question, since as far as he knew all that kind of stuff was still classified. "Nah. That's a lot of BS. If she's capable of pulling her weight with the rest of the guys, she's in. That being said, a lot of women are medics. Smaller hands makes it easier to dig around in injuries. Or they're pilots. Sometimes mechanics for the same reason as medics."

Briefly, he paused to consider the next question, "Most of them, honestly. Once you've had training with one, you can deal with most any. Each type will have its' own little nuances, but they're not that different." At the mention of his squad mates, he just shook his head.

Midsummer Angel

Post by Midsummer Angel » Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:00 am

He nodded along, seemingly absorbing all the information tossed at him. He nodded. "It's just because I've never seen women at security stations, though I see a lot of them working as scientists and lab assistants. So I was just curious." He hummed, nodding once more. "I've never met a female mechanic, in this ship, there are only three ladies, and they're all pretty scary compared to the other guys." He said with a small laugh. They mothered him too much, but we're thankfully lenient enough to let him do what he wants without being overbearing.

"I've never held a gun before, so I wouldn't know. I had petitioned that the scientist learn basic self-defense along side regular classes, so we wouldn't be useless, but no one agreed with me." He didn't seem to dejected by that. Robert noticed how some of his questions were unanswered, and he leaned forward expectantly, before realizing how rude that must seem. Asking the bloke about his friends was rude.

Instead, he looked away and cleared his throat. "So... Do you have any hobbies? Like what do you do in your free time?"

Master of Shadows
Site Admin

Post by Master of Shadows » Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:13 am

"Military is going to be more of a male presence, I think. In any case, there's no rule against women. It's just a matter of if she can keep up...At least in an infantry setting." Then he snorted loudly. "Best grease monkey I knew was a woman. Didn't matter what it was, if it had an engine, she could fix it. Or keep it limping along long enough for a replacement to be found. Never seen anyone who could throw a wrench like she could, either."

He made a soft noise of agreement. "Everyone should know the basics of self defense. You learn it hoping you never have to use it." Honestly, he was expecting to be pressed about his squad mates and was relieved when the next question was concerning other things. "Ducking my CO and hoping that he's not looking for people to volunteer? Military doesn't lend for much free time, especially with the recent uprisings." He paused a moment and sighed, "Well, maybe not anymore. I don't really know what's going on with everything now."

Midsummer Angel

Post by Midsummer Angel » Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:54 am

"Right? Apparently, self-defense would defeat the purpose of having military personnel!" He said, an exasperated sound coming from his lips. At the talk about the woman who could keep things working, he laughed. "That's impressive. I'm pretty useless unless it's software, so to hear someone can actually keep it mobile is impressive. Not sure about the wrench though. That sounds plenty scary."

Head tilted curiously, Robert repeated. "CO?" He asked, inching forward. "Do tell. What do you mean uprising and all that? I don't know much about it, especially since people tend to not leak any problems the military has. So I'm genuinely curious." He said, making himself comfortable as he arranged his pained foot. "Could you teach me how to fire a gun? Terry makes sure it's out of my reach, but I can probably steal it again. It's not the first time I've done so."

Master of Shadows
Site Admin

Post by Master of Shadows » Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:01 am

"No, it wouldn't. Besides that, you're not always going to have the military around to save your hide." Slowly, he shifted his weight a bit, seemingly unbothered by standing in one place. His muscles didn't fatigue as easily now. "To be fair, the guy deserved it for rearranging her tools. She kept things really organized and he swapped some things around."

Clayton was steadily become less and less surprised when Robert started asking questions. It seemed that the guy was insatiable when it came to knowledge. "Commanding Officer. Eugh, there was some colonies that were unhappy with how things were being ran so they were throwing a fit." He blinked a few times and focused in on the other's foot. Robert tended to favor it he noticed, and the limping was becoming more pronounced. "Your foot is getting worse." He commented.

Midsummer Angel

Post by Midsummer Angel » Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:49 am

He blinked. "Well, that's a douche bag move. Doesn't he knows it's dangerous to misplace someone else's tools?" Robert asked, shying his injured foot away from sight. He was using his foot too much instead of resting it, and it's straining the torn ligament. How else would he get around though? Robert refused to be waited on and so, he downplayed his injury and much as he can.

"Ah. You said something about volunteering. What volunteer? Also, how bad was the environment? What cha—" He snapped his mouth shut when he heard someone knock. The walls were thin enough, and his door was just beside this one. He warily glanced at the room door as the knocking continued.

"Kid? Robbie? It's Jennifer. I'm going to get the plates." A soft, motherly voice said. "Robbie? Are you in there?" He tensed when the door to his room clicked open. They heard her click Her tongue before sighing softly. "That brat." She said, and they heard the door click close. He breathed out. They were going to hunt him down and force him into bed rest, probably. He pressed his lips together.

Master of Shadows
Site Admin

Post by Master of Shadows » Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:56 am

"Newbie." Clayton replied, and that was really the only thing that needed to be said. Anyone who was new to an outfit, regardless of where it was, wouldn't know how things were ran and was bound to make mistakes. In the case of the newbie, he nearly got his head caved in by a wrench. Suffice to say, the guy had avoided the mechanic for some time afterwards.

And there was the start of the next round of rapid fire questions. However, things were suddenly cut off at the sound of knocking. Immediately, he sunk down slightly, the muscles in his legs tensing up in preparation to make the leap to the vent. Thankfully, things were from the room over and not the one they were currently in. It was only when he couldn't sense life on the other side of the wall that he relaxed. Sighing, he looked to Robert, "You should go."

Midsummer Angel

Post by Midsummer Angel » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:51 am

Robert looked dejected at having told to leave, but he nodded in understanding. Gathering the bowls, he shifted, slipping out of the bed. By now, it was obvious that his bad foot was in horrid shape. Still, he pressed it to the ground, only wincing a bit before walking at normally am he could with a limp. "Fine. I better go before Jen decides to turn the ship inside out." He said softly, trying to make his way towards the door.

When he got there, he balanced the tray on one hand, nearly toppling over when his foot screamed in pain. Maybe he should drag it? The look Robert was giving his foot was one that wondered if he should just cut the offending appendage off. "Well, you're welcome for breakfast. I'll come bother you some time later." He said, struggling to maintain his balance on one foot and he decided to hop about instead.

Master of Shadows
Site Admin

Post by Master of Shadows » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:57 am

Well, it wouldn't do if they got caught, and it was clear that people were looking for Robert. Best for the man to make a brief appearance to get them to leave him alone for the time being. "Exactly." Quietly, he watched the other make his way to the door, and it was clear to Clayton that the foot was getting worse. He didn't know what was wrong with it, but it was likely being exacerbated by all the movement.

"You should probably get your foot checked out, or stop using it so much." He commented as he moved over to the bed to start fussing with the blankets again. While he had woken up, he still didn't feel entirely rested. Likely, some of this was because he was getting ready to shed soon. That always made him feel crankier. Although, now he had the new concern of having the shed done and his skin hardened by the time the ship docked with the station.

Midsummer Angel

Post by Midsummer Angel » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:13 am

"Hah. I'll be fine. Thanks." He said, managing to squeeze out he door and into the hall. Once he was outside, he let out a soft sigh and limped back into his room, quietly tucking himself in as he turned the temperature to the lowest. No sooner had he snuggled in, the door opened and two figures walked in. Michael and Terry stood there, glaring darkly at Robert, who squinted at them.

"Where were you?" Michael said sternly, lifting the covers before clicking his tongue as the sight of the swollen foot.

"Out. Walking." Came the reply. "I wanted to eat in the document room, but I didn't get there fast enough." He fibbed, causing the glares to intensify.

"You know you shouldn't be walking. Or if you want to walk long distances, at least take the wheelchair." He scolded. Robert nodded along in disinterest. "You're old enough to do whatever you want, but for your own safety, don't destroy Your Own foot." He said, watching as Michael rebandaged the foot. "You hear me, young Man?"

Robert groaned. "Dammit Terry. I'm fucking twenty-five, net five." He said, growling at the overprotectiveness radiating from the entire ship. Sure, he'd been here for more than four years, sure he's the youngest. "Please, I can handle myself. Thank you." He said with finality. The two older men shared a look before deciding to leave him alone.

"Just so you know, we're going to turn on the hallway cameras. Don't get any funny ideas." And with that, the door clicked shut. The young man groaned, wondering why he was elected as the entire crew's son.

Master of Shadows
Site Admin

Post by Master of Shadows » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:40 pm

Honestly, he was dubious about Robert's claim of being 'fine'. The man was limping pretty hard and it was only getting worse. In any case, it was none of his business. So, he laid down on the bed and curled up. However, before he could fall asleep, he heard movement and voices from the other room. Most of it didn't apply to him, but the news about the hallway cameras wasn't anything welcome. At least he tended to scurry about in the vents, so he was less likely to be seen. It also meant that it'd likely be up to him to get his own food since Robert was under lock and key. Yawning, he curled up under the covers and got himself comfortable. He hated having to sleep on his side, but there wasn't much way for him to sleep on his back. It tended to be too uncomfortable with his tail.

The dreams that came to him were strange. They weren't the usual nightmares about being trapped in the Xenomorph nest, but of faceless people moving about a ship. He was moving around the bridge, talking to people, but he couldn't understand what was being said. It was as if he was trying to listen in underwater. When he woke, he felt confused and perplexed, entirely unsure what to think of the dream.

Midsummer Angel

Post by Midsummer Angel » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:54 pm

Morning, or the morning assigned by the ship's internal clock, came and everyone else stayed true to their word. He fought against being helped in the morning, and was thankfully, allowed to use a wheelchair. He was forced to eat with everyone though, but he did grab an extra bowl before glaring over his shoulder. "I'm stress eating." He said, before wheeling himself off. He made a quick stop to the documents room before hurrying over to Clayton's. Then he hesitated, staring at the door.

Everyone's in the kitchen or the cafeteria. There was no way he could get food since everyone's there. With a sigh, he wheeled himself back in his room, sure that the hallway cameras were on. Once the door clicked shut, he set the documents and the food far away from the vent, before hoisting himself up with much difficulty. The vents were dusty, but he managed to reel himself up and crawl into the tight space.

He coughed. "Clayton. I have food." He said, crawling towards the vent leading to his room.

Master of Shadows
Site Admin

Post by Master of Shadows » Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:15 am

Quite honestly, the last thing he wanted to do was deal with Robert. It was becoming increasingly obvious to him that a shed was imminent, if his tight and dull colored skin was any indication. On top of things, his appetite tended to drop a bit. So, the mention of food wasn't all that appealing to him and he simply made a face. Still, it was probably best to at least pick at the food to ensure the scientist wouldn't attempt to force feed him, or something equally weird. Sighing, he glared at the vent, "Yeah, alright. Fine." He couldn't help it if he sounded irritable.

After a moment, he got up and moved to the vent in order to climb in. Quite quickly, he found himself face to face with the other. "..Go." Lightly, the tip of his tail twitched, betraying his irritation. He really just wanted to be left alone because the shed could happen anywhere from later that day to two days from now. Perhaps it'd be wise to find an empty part of the ship..

Midsummer Angel

Post by Midsummer Angel » Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:00 am

Robert only grinned. "Should I bring it to you or are you coming over?" He asked, but did backtrack to his own room. He did land on his bad foot, which resulted to a pained cry as he tumbled unceremoniously on the floor. He winced, trying to keep his breathing even before he hoisted himself up. He left the bowl of food there, but he picked the documents up.

"Food's in here. Get it before it gets cold." He said, flipping the binder open. The dark haired man settled in his bed, a tablet or one hand, the binder open in the center and an electronic clipboard to the right. He seemed to be busy managing all three, flip in NH through the binder, before checking his tablet and writing it all down. Information, ranging from the general ones to ones about molecular level and reactions and we'll ask observations, we're written down, and at some point, he was muttering to himself about a thing called Naipula, whatever that is.

Master of Shadows
Site Admin

Post by Master of Shadows » Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:09 am

"I'm capable of getting my own food, you realize." Still, he moved over to the offered food and started eating...And by eating, he mostly stirred around the meal, picking out the tastier bits. Eating would likely be a good idea, but the pre-shed anxiety had his stomach twisted up and tight. The tip of his tail twitched and flicked as he ate, the movements a great deal different than the annoyed or calm movements from that morning. Truthfully, he wasn't sure if Robert would even listen if he told the guy to leave him alone. Likely, that'd just end up interesting and encouraging him.

After eating about half of the food, he set the bowl down and started moving back to the vent. The idea of finding a different place to bed down while he dealt with the shedding business sounded very, very tempting. At the very least, it'd make it harder for Robert to bug him.