[18+] Some Secrets [r. Midsummer] Should Remain Lost

From Firefly to Silent Hill and Hogwarts to Middle Earth, roleplays involving television, videogames, films, books, anime and comics go here.
Forum rules
All roleplay posts must be at least twelve sentences long (about two paragraphs) and have a rating in the title.

Suggested Ratings:

G: Open to everyone
PG-13: 13 years old and up
R: 15 years old and up
NC-17/18+: Restricted to Adults ONLY

Viewer discretion is advised
Board Rules apply in all forums.
Midsummer Angel

Re: [18+] Some Secrets [r. Midsummer] Should Remain Lost

Post by Midsummer Angel » Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:07 am

Robert's mouth snapped shut, eyes wide. The tail felt alien— no pun intended— against his skin, and he shuddered, squirming around in attempt to dislodge it. "Get off." The guy's voice was rough, and his eyes narrowed before it clicked into place. No wonder he looked so familiar. Once more, his mouth dropped open and clicked shut, looking absolutely confused for a moment.

"How did you make it out. How can you talk?" He said after a moment, the fear still there but the curiosity overruling the emotion. "Martys said that you've already lost all sense of humanity and the internal changes were complete just the physical left and you were reverting so fast that they thought you had no chance of getting back to being human they said they had terminated you and was just awaiting the removal but—" He paused, backtracking his words. He gazed fearfully at him. "You're going to kill me." He said quietly, then he began to squirm and yell.

Master of Shadows
Site Admin

Post by Master of Shadows » Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:16 am

Honestly, it didn't surprise him that the guy didn't know he could talk, and Clayton just snorted loudly. Which meant that this guy was just a desk jockey who didn't know the truth of the matter. "Martys' a lying sack of shit, that's what he is." However, before he could speak further, the guy started flipping out again. Making a noise of frustration, he scrambled to try and clamp a hand over the other's mouth before he could alert anyone. The surrounding rooms were a bit on the empty side, so if anyone was passing, maybe they'd think that the guy was having a nightmare. Still, it was in his best interests to get the guy to stop.

"I will if you don't shut the fuck up." While he didn't exactly want to kill the guy, it was honestly tempting with how much he was yelling. Too bad there weren't any pillows within reach.
War is coming swiftly... ..You don't know my power... I will resist and bite.

Midsummer Angel

Post by Midsummer Angel » Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:53 am

"Mhmph mhm Phmmm!!" His muffled scream was probably 'Let me go' of some variation, but it came out as garbled nonsense as he continued struggling. His eyes had grown wet with panicked tears as he tried with all his might to shove the fucking bastard off his person. The struggle to be freed was exhausting, and yet, he kept it up for an long as he could before he was breathing heavily and warily staring at the thing pinning him down. He tried biting again, but to no avail. Instead, he panted heavily, glaring up at the sonovvabitch with red eyes.

Managing to shove the hand away from his mouth he gulped lungfuls of air before coughing. "You Terminated Davy and Sam. You fucking killed them." He said, voice low but angry. "They were so close to being cured. What the fuck?! Get off me!!" He yelled, trying to dislodge the one above him once more." It was obvious that he'd keep struggling, despite their difference in strength being very obvious.

Master of Shadows
Site Admin

Post by Master of Shadows » Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:02 am

Impassive, yellow-green eyes stared back and then he scoffed at the accusation. "They were my squad mates. We were as close to being brothers as you could get without being blood related. They would have done the same for me." He hadn't wanted to kill them, but felt his action was justified. "They didn't deserve to be experimented on. None of us did."

He struggled to clamp his hand over the other's mouth again. "Wouldn't advise biting. Acid blood and all." Then, he barked out a humorless laugh, "I doubt that. You don't get it, do you? The higher ups don't want a cure. They purposely sent us in to get infected. Martys told me as much...And I was the lucky bastard that they let progress...But you didn't know that, did you? You're just a fuckin' paper jockey." He hissed, showing too sharp teeth.

Midsummer Angel

Post by Midsummer Angel » Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:55 am

"Paper jockey?!" He repeated, now looking extremely scandalized and insulted. "Excuse you, you fucking asshole, I was actually working on a goddamn cure for the infected." He snapped, seemingly seething. All his hard work, the research, the sleepless nights, and then he gets insulted us a paper jockey of all things?! "Davy was on his way to a cure, a fucking cure. He was talking properly, and I've managed to stop the mutation! All I needed to do was reverse it, and he fucking consented when I asked him! We could've saved him, but no! How dumb do you think everyone is?!" He was snarling Now, feeling highly insulted because the higher ups were his family. Quite literally.

He shoved. "Why would they send a squad into the frying pan when there are twenty ships low on security personnel?! Are you fucking stupid?" He panted, trying to get his nerves straight. Now that he wasn't looking at the man's bottom parts, he could easily explode angrily. "And Martys an ass, I'll give you that, but he's fucking brilliant. He formulated the neutralizer for your blood! Fuck you!" He yelled, getting even louder and louder with every word.

"And I didn't know Jack squat because I only got on that ship just a few weeks ago. A month give or take!! So fuck you and your assumptions! I was the one reading all the files and working in the sidelines!" The multitude of swears were streaming out of his mouth as a rapid pace. If someone even passed by, they'd recognize the screaming and yelling at anger and not one of a panic attack. Robert was getting louder and louder with every complaint.

Master of Shadows
Site Admin

Post by Master of Shadows » Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:08 am

"That's because he was shoved into stasis before he had a chance to change. None of us knew when we agreed to be shoved into stasis." Then he snorted, "Well, they were. I wasn't." His own temper was pretty fiery now, not that he'd ever had a long fuse. "They were my men. I knew them better than any of you fucking people." Everything he was being told went contrary to what Martys had told him. Then again, he wouldn't put it past the man to feed him lies to rile him up. Still, he felt that they all should have died on that planet.

"To be able to weaponize it. I don't know what happened on the ship, but imagine a whole army. Don't you realize how deadly that would be?" At the shove, he tightened his tail around the man. "Martys the man who shoved me in a room with an egg to see if it'd react to my presence." At this point, he tried to clamp his hand over the other man's mouth. Again. Why were scientists always so loud mouthed?

"Of course you were. Which means you know fuck all about the two years of hell I've been through."

Midsummer Angel

Post by Midsummer Angel » Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:22 am

Now, that caught his attention. "Wait, did you say egg?" Why Was there an egg? He reviewed all reports. All the damn reports about each and every test subject they had, along with their names and who they were and what happened. Robert quieted down, seemingly lost in thought. Eggs. Eggs. He ransacked his brain. Why were the eggs important?! He couldn't remember. "Why did they put an egg with you?" He asked, now looking genuinely curious.

"That... That was never in the report." Does that mean all the progress reports were lies? Had he been playing the fool? This guy... What was his name? He was making sense. Was Robert being naive? Taken in completely by the facility and all the false promises that he had unknowingly lent a hand in the mess? He shuddered, finding himself suddenly physically sick. The tail tightened around him and he fell lax,swallowing heavily as he looked up.

His green eyes were blown wide with panic, but his voice was shaky. "Your name! You're Clayton! Right? The one who had progressed so much we had to put you into stasis. That was before I— but it's working! You should be mentally gone by now! But you're not yet killing me! You're talking to me, so that meant, the serum worked! It was only supposed to neutralize but look at you you're talking to me and sure bot civilly but you're talking that means the it slowed down or its progress is completely stunted by the serum just like I predicted holy crap that meant it worked can you hear voices what can you see mental state how is it?"

From panic to excitement to work mode, Robert seemed to flow through each seamlessly as he rattled on, bot even pausing for a breath, or he was breathing but managed to juggle doing both at the same time.

Master of Shadows
Site Admin

Post by Master of Shadows » Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:33 am

"..I didn't stutter." He replied, maybe a bit snappier than he intended, but it was clear to him that this guy knew absolutely nothing. "Because the Xenomorphs are glorified parasites. Something living gets near the egg, it opens up and this spider...Thing attaches to their face. Fuckers wanted to see if it'd react to me. It didn't." Then he shook his head with a sigh, "It sure as hell reacted to the poor bastard the shoved into the room with me..."

A purely confused look crossed his face at the other man's rambling and then he just laughed. Fucking full on belly laugh. "Oh my god. You were played, dude. They shoved me in stasis because I stopped cooperating and wouldn't tolerate anymore of their damn tests." Slowly, he leaned down so that he was staring into the other's face. "Son, they never tried to stop it. They wanted to see how far it would go, which is why I wasn't put into stasis like the others. I stopped changing after five months. And if you've got too much of a science boner to think, that means I've been looking like a freak show for nearly a year and a half."

Decidedly, he was going to ignore the questions about what he could or couldn't do.

Midsummer Angel

Post by Midsummer Angel » Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:46 am

"No, you dumbass! I'm not talking about that! They put an egg to you! Immunity! Immunity to them, which means you're them but not them and that means—" His rambling ended up in mutters that was more like a convoluted vomit of science lingo and incoherent babbling. The mumbling continued on and on before he stopped completely, realizing that the... Uh... "No offense, but what are you now? I can't call you a hybrid." Clayton was leaning in a little close. Not that he minded, but he'd rather check the alien parts compared to the human parts.

He squirmed slightly. "Yeah but the reports said you were acting more and more like those things. My job was to try and get your brain to start functioning like a human's, stunting the mental shit and all that, but then again, they pretty much tossed everyone's files as me and expected me to keep up." Which he did, with the help of a lot of coffee and no sleep. He remembered the tail. Fear completely forgotten, he tried bucking him off again.

"Mind getting off me? You're fucking heavier than you fucking look." He said, shifting uncomfortably. He didn't like being pinned down like this anyway. It made him feel like prey. "Also, mind if I take a look at your tail? I wasn't really allowed to be in the observation labs. You can guess why." He said humorlessly. Of course they were going to cut him off. They wanted his cooperation, by feeding him lies so he could continue spitting data out for them. "Off? Please? My hips and right hand sew starting to feel numb and I kinda need my body for moving around." He said, squirming once more to show his discomfort.

Robert had so many questions, and was there a way to reverse this? "Maybe I could reverse it, but then again, I'd need a detailed report on the environment like what was the chemical compound constantly poured in is there a way to neutralize your blood without destroying your tissues or is that a thing I could do and then there's the entire body framework the skeletal structure could it be reversed or will it stay also what are the after effects is there something I should be wary of what can you eat what can you not eat bodily functions where do you uh urinate do you throw up acid can your human parts keep up—" He was rattling off question again, and expecting answers.

Master of Shadows
Site Admin

Post by Master of Shadows » Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:58 am

He just blandly stared at the other man. Clayton had never been good at learning, but that wasn't to say he was dumb. His intelligence was in other fields. Still, he wasn't too happy about not know what the other man was even talking about. Some of the words made sense, but he couldn't understand the meaning behind them. So, after a moment he just sort of tuned the man out. "I don't know. One of a kind, freak show, weird fucky thing. Pick one."

Then, he huffed loudly, "Because I was tired of being a lab rat. My brain never stopped functioning, thank you. I chose to stop following orders and they didn't like that too well." About the only weird mental thing that had gone on was the snippets of voices he heard every now and then. There was plenty of theories that the Xenos were telepathic. So, either he was hearing the people around him, hearing the xenos, or both. None of the options really appealed to him.

"..Only if you don't try to hit the panic button or try to taze me." He hesitated a moment but finally uncoiled his tail and lightly swished it back behind him with nightmaresque grace. Pushing away from the man, he stood up and stared down at him. At six foot, he was as tall as a Xenomorph drone, now. "I'd rather not be examined, thanks."

Almost immediately, he made a face at the other's ramblings, "I also don't want to be a lab rat." His expression of dislike quickly turned into one of annoyance. "If you don't stop asking me questions I will literally shank you."

Midsummer Angel

Post by Midsummer Angel » Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:15 am

"Thanks, don't worry. I won't." He had other priorities right now, such as investigating this new... Well... Right? As he scrambled into a sitting position, his eyes followed after the tail, quietly observing him. You could see the neurons firing around behind his green eyes before they settled on Clayton's face. He blinked, once, twice, before falling into some more incoherent babbling and he stood up and limped around the other, before beaming.

"You can't. You can't hurt me, or else, they'd find out about you and there'd be a hunt." He pointed out, tilting his head a little so his five foot eight height could look up at least a little bit. "And at least answer some questions! Look—" He gestured, indicating the area where the alien and human blended. "—this part of you, how can the top part of your body handle it? Your skin is breakable, the human of it at least. What changed. Take your organs for instance, why hasn't it melted off? How did it adapt. What is it made off. What about your saliva? What about your sweat? What about your semen?" He looked positively excited about all this.

He plopped back down with a wince, his foot throbbing. Then he looked up again. "Look, it may not matter much, but imagine, if we had to go up against aliens and we're immune to the acid? Or we have equipment immune to the acid. The chances of being overpowered and taken decreases to the single digits." He said, though the quiet, unspoken and very honest I just want to help lingered in an unspoken manner.

"Also, telepathy. Is it true or is it false? Is there a hive mind thing or can you just hear the radiowaves enjoyed by human beings, or sentient beings as least." He said, before exhaling softly. No one in the Gabriel allowed him to ask questions, and it was obvious because he kept poking at things, reasons, all with good intention. Multiple answers would eventually make him realize that he was being played. Now, free in his own space, he was asking all he wanted.

Master of Shadows
Site Admin

Post by Master of Shadows » Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:28 am

He drew his tail closer to his body so that the other wouldn't trip over it. Despite that, the bladed tip twitched in blatant annoyance...Similar to a cat who was starting to get fed up with whatever was going on around it. "...Oh, no..I wouldn't do it, but it's always possible that you slipped in the shower and brained yourself on the wall.." He replied, darkly. There were all sorts of ways to kill someone and make it look like an accident.

"Well, if you're going to ask questions, at least shut up long enough for me to answer them." He snapped. "I'm a soldier, not a scientist. I don't know about this sort of shit. All I know is that everything changed to work together." Then he looked very annoyed and his tail gave a sharp twitch. "Everything is the same." All he really knew was that his human skin had some...Interesting properties now. Oh god. The guy probably didn't know about the whole shedding thing. Quite frankly, the last thing Clayton wanted was to have the guy around when he needed to shed.

"I don't know." He didn't even want to think about the whole telepathy thing.

Midsummer Angel

Post by Midsummer Angel » Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:45 am

His eyes narrowed. "The showers are communal. And you'd have to drag my body through the vents, plus the amount of cleaning up you'd have to do, like break into my room and throw my laundry, that's if I won't kick up a fuss. There would be signs of a struggle, and they'd be on you." He said triumphantly. Robert's eyes were suddenly drawn to the tail, and he clenched his hand, as if waiting to reach out and touch it. What would it feel like?

"Everything can't be the same. I mean, your skin isn't... Peeling off upon contact, and you can't tell me your saliva and sweat glands produce the same substance a human would. Your entire physiology had to adapt to that change. It can't be a half-half thing. Also... I've been meaning to ask this—" He looked at him up and down. "Do Xenomorphs have genitalia? Or do they do the change-other-species thing? Where do eggs come from? What about your other bodily functions? What can't you eat? Can I touch? Like, the inside of your mouth? Have your teeth changed?" Obviously, he was skeptical about everything being the same.

He hummed quietly, before heaving himself up and plopping down on the bed, to rest the swollen ankle. "Do you change skin? Also, why do you still have hair?" He let out a soft chuckle. "Damn it all. I just have so many questions. They were holding me back. Holy shit." He breathed out, already recalling information in that brain of his. "Man... I wish I paid more attention to the documents."

Master of Shadows
Site Admin

Post by Master of Shadows » Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:55 am

"..I'm sure I could find a way." The bathroom idea had just been a starting spot. Hell, it was always possible to make it look like a suicide or something. There were a lot of different things he could do. Still, most of it was an idle threat since he really, really didn't like all of the questions. Unfortunately, it didn't seem like there was an end to them. For every one he answered, three more were asked.

"I don't know. Doesn't feel any different besides the whole acid thing. It works. I'm not going to question it." Then he just stared at the other man before facepalming. "Unless you're thinking about fucking a dude, you don't ask about his junk." Sighing, he shook his head. "Eggs come from a Queen, I think...And no you can't touch." Irritably, he swished is tail, narrowing avoiding hitting the other.

"...Yes, I do, and no you can't watch or even bother me for a few days after. I'm not a damned lab rat." Truthfully, killing the guy sounded more appealing if it'd get rid of the questions.

Midsummer Angel

Post by Midsummer Angel » Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:28 am

"Right. Don't push your luck." He said, still looking like he hit the jackpot. Although, there was a stutter in his words and Robert flushed red, before leering. "Doctors ask about that all the time during physicals. And—" He let out a frustrated sound. "I was never allowed anywhere near the experiments unless there's a glass capsule between us! Could you throw me a bone here? This is practically my first experience with someone now human who I can question and touch. Who wouldn't be excited about that?" He asked, plopping down on the bed.

"Graduates in this field are so damn low, there was only five of us who finished the course. Imagine, five." He grunted, rolling over slightly to look over at the— he still didn't know what to call him. Hybrid just felt too odd. "I'm bot saying you're a damned lab rat. I mean, if I had other intentions, would you let me watch?" He questioned, sitting up. "I'm not going to always invade your space and privacy, I just want to learn a few things. Is that bad?" He grouches, eyeing the tail that was pulled out of his reach. "And it's not like I'll stuff you into a stasis chamber or do experiments. I'm just asking you questions to sate my own curiosity." He said, grimacing when he pulled his foot wrong.

Robert huffed. "But seriously, are all your body fluids non-acidic? At least except for blood?" He thought. "And eggs, they come from the queen. Just the queen? Is there a queen bee system?"

Master of Shadows
Site Admin

Post by Master of Shadows » Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:39 am

"You're not my doctor." He replied, flatly. "I'm guessing for good reason, if all you ever do is run your mouth with dozens of questions." Honestly, he was a bit cranky over being woken up. He still needed a lot more sleep and however long he spent in stasis didn't count. "I've spent the last two years being poked and prodded. You'll excuse me if I'm not thrilled at the idea of someone wanting to know how I tick."

Personally, he didn't care how many people graduated into the field, especially if those people would have any sort of interest in him. The question caused him to raise an eyebrow. "Intentions, how? Likely, the answer would be no. I don't like people around when I shed." He felt all sorts of vulnerable and his exoskeleton tended to be soft until it rehardened. Any sort of damage that occurred while it was hardening would be a weak point and last until the next time he shed.

"I like my personal space and you'd be smart to realize that." His tail wiggled dangerously. At least the other man wasn't trying to touch him. "...Yes. Otherwise it'd be a pain when I had to use the bathroom or whatever." Sighing, he rubbed his face, half from exhaustion and half from exasperation. "As far as I know, just the queen. Not really sure what you mean by a system."

Midsummer Angel

Post by Midsummer Angel » Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:05 am

"Ah..." Well, that at least answers some questions. He kind of forgot that the poor guy was shoved into a chamber and prodded around for the heck of it. "Nah. I accidentally wounded and alien once. It injured all the scientists in the vicinity before they had to euthanize it." He said with a small shrug, before exhaling quietly. "So no, I don't run my mouth all the time with just questions. I mean, everyone asks, I'm just vocal about things."

Glancing at the— the Clayton— wow that was smart, he nodded. "Noted. How soft? Skin-soft or weak membrane soft? And... Uh... Well, what intentions would you get someone to approach you? I take you're not very welcoming towards the doctors, how would your immune system take it?" He asked, before stilling. Going by the facts, he just woke up from a stasis, which would mean he's horribly jet lagged. Or something. "Okay, I should probably shut up now." He said, sitting up and forcing himself on his feet.

"Personal space is important. Although, you did invade mine twice today with unsavory intentions. Just throwing that out there. I like my personal space too." He said before glancing at the door, then at the vent. Maybe he should leave? He wanted to leave anyway. "I should probably leave you alone now." He said, clearing his throat and shuffling awkwardly. "I should probably get some sleep myself."

Master of Shadows
Site Admin

Post by Master of Shadows » Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:19 am

"...Likely your first and last time doing that, I imagine." Generally, people either died from the acid or they learned very, very quickly not to injure the Xenos. He supposed that he didn't have to worry about that, outside an unfortunate loss of clothing. It was better than losing his skin, he imagined. "More so than others, I suspect." If the barrage of questions he'd been asked in the past few minutes was any indication.

He hesitated about the answer, not sure on how much he should reveal about himself. "Easily damaged which doesn't bode well for anyone." Vague but not, he supposed. "I don't trust people." He replied, flatly, which likely answered a number of questions. "I don't get sick anymore. Probably because of the whole acidity of my blood. Stuff can't survive...Well. At least stuff that isn't food borne. I can still get food poisoning, but not as easily."

"I'll also point out that both times were out of self defense because you were going to alert the ship about me....And both times I could have easily killed you but didn't." The first time in the lab...It would have been very easy to break his neck. "Yes...Sleep would be very nice.."

Midsummer Angel

Post by Midsummer Angel » Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:20 am

"Still knocked me out." He said, shuffling towards the door. It was locked on the inside, he guessed. No wonder. "See? It wasn't that hard to answer my questions now, was it?" Robert said, observing the door and wondering just what he did to make it look from the inside. Usually, anyone with enough authority could bust into any room. This one seemed completely locked and accessible from the inside only.

He pressed at the door, satisfied to see it unlock. "But that aside, I'm assuming the wound would stay until you she'd next time." He hummed quietly, "And the hyperacidity would kill most living organisms, not sure how acidic that means, but it grants you immunity towards viruses and most pathogens so that's a plus in you." He peered outside. The hall was empty, and everyone probably went back to sleep. He turned back towards Clayton.

"Does this mean I can pester you again, and you won't try to kill me?" He asked with a grin, making mental notes on the system. "I promise not to tell anyone, if you'd let me."

Master of Shadows
Site Admin

Post by Master of Shadows » Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:36 am

"You came back quicker than I expected." He replied, "I timed your prior two trips to get coffee and you had about a minutes different between the first three trips...But you returned three minutes quicker on the fourth trip." Since the bed had been vacated, he walked over to it and started rearranging the blankets. At least now he'd be able to get more sleep. The only issue would be getting food in the morning.

Before he replied, he made a long yawn. "It does. Leaves a bit of a weak spot and tends to be uncomfortable...Especially dents. They press on the muscle or something." Sighing, he rubbed the side of his face and blandly stared at the other. Dimly, he realized he didn't know the man's name. He could ask it later, with how tired he was, it was unlikely that he'd remember when morning came.

"Don't push your luck. Besides, you're not going to tell anyone. They'd just shove me into another stasis tube and so goes any chance of you asking questions."

Midsummer Angel

Post by Midsummer Angel » Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:02 am

"I find it creepy how you timed my footsteps. No offense." He pointed out, glancing out at the empty hall. All clear, he could go. "I'll try to return with breakfast or some thing. I'm not really sure. It was nice talking to you, Clayton. Sweet Dreams!" And with that, the door clicked shut, leaving him alone in the hall. It was easy to rush back to his room, glad to find nothing one waiting for him with anything he may need.

If it wasn't obvious, the crew had babies him a lot, and often kept him with the deskjobs away from the actual danger. He guessed it was because he's the youngest and everyone else is at least five to ten years older. Robert fixed the grate and settled back in bed, wide awake despite the exhaustion still tugging on his body. He had how many cups of caffeine today, anyway? Why wasn't he dead of caffeine poisoning yet?

He rolled over and squeezed his eyes shut. He's given an earthen week to recover and gather himself, as was protocol, but that didn't mean he wasn't allowed to help around in the labs. He'd do just that, and since he wasn't expected to be at his post, he had lots of free time to get up and about. Maybe he should retrieve the files in the document room? Ask for some information from Clayton? Granted, he wasn't a full-fledged alien, but he had his alien parts. Like that tail. Robert hummed softly. He wondered if that tail had enough strength to pierce through wood. With these thoughts in mind, he slept peacefully and quietly, not realizing that some of the crew members were checking in on him as he slept.

Master of Shadows
Site Admin

Post by Master of Shadows » Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:10 am

"I didn't want to be caught." It really didn't matter to him if the other returned with breakfast or not; Clayton was capable of getting his own food. Once the other left, he finally relaxed with a soft sigh. Things hadn't gone as he had planned, but he didn't seem to be in any immediate danger. Still, he wasn't happy over having been found out. As long as no one else discovered him, he supposed that things would be fine. After turning off the lights, he curled back up on the bed and tried to push the undertone of anxiety he felt away.

When he woke up he sleepily blinked before stretching, his tail lightly curling as he did so. Then he made a slight face at the sensation of his skin feeling tight. "Goddammit." He muttered. It meant that he was going to shed in the upcoming days. No doubt the damned scientist would be absolutely thrilled at this notion and would be wanting to watch.

Midsummer Angel

Post by Midsummer Angel » Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:20 am

The ship clock had told him it was 5:37 am, in some part of the earth, so he guessed that it meant breakfast was being handed out. Robert washed up quickly, which would've been a good idea except he forgot all about his sprained foot and nearly gave Jennifer a heart attack when he toppled over when Michael bumped into him. Therefore, he was banned from the labs until his foot heals up.

At least he was still allowed in the dining area. The chef, Who was also one of the co-pilots, was serving some sort of rice dish with vegetables and meat. "I heard about it. Don't worry, we're going to go back to port soon,should probably be there in a week, to restock on supplies and meat. Also, we could get you checked for PTSD." Mason said, as he handed Two bowls of food to Robert when the going man asked. "It's probably good that you're stuck in room arrest. Fuck knows what trouble you get into if we let you around the specimens." He said jokingly. Robert laughed and thanked him before limping towards his room.

As usual, the hall was empty, so it wasn't very hard to knock on Clayton's door. "Open up. I've got food." He said, glancing around and hoping that to one sees. "And I've got news, so let me in?" He asked again, glancing around. The strain on his foot was getting painful and Robert had a sinking feeling the sprain was a lot worse than it looked.

Master of Shadows
Site Admin

Post by Master of Shadows » Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:47 pm

After a healthy stretch, he slipped into the vents and made his way to the bathroom. So far, it seemed that everyone was off having breakfast. Due to the inherent humidity, there were vents everywhere. Meaning he was ale to slip into an empty stall furthest away from the door and use the bathroom. From there, he was able to find a shower stall to quickly clean up. It wasn't ideal, but it helped get the last of the stasis gunk of of him while the humidity helped with his skin. He quickly dried off with his old shirt and slipped back into the vents to return to the room. Just as he was climbing out of the vent, someone was knocking...And that someone identified himself as the scientist. Briefly, he hesitated before opening the door. "Hurry up."

Presently, he was shirtless which showed off musculature and a prominent claw mark scar on the lower right hand side of his stomach. Turning, he moved to the wardrobe to grab a fresh shirt. While his front looked human enough, his back was entirely different. It was a great deal more muscular than the standard human's and different muscles flexed as he moved his tail. Finally finding a shirt, he pulled it on. "The hell is your name, anyway?

Midsummer Angel

Post by Midsummer Angel » Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:47 pm

Quickly scurrying into the room, Robert let out a breathless chuckle, unaware that he had been running on adrenaline while waiting. He set the tray of food down on the beside table before wincing and plopping down on the bed. "Damn. What took ya so long?" He asked, wincing at he flexed his foot. It seemed to be swollen. Ergh.

Now that he wasn't going to get caught for stalling outside, he allowed himself to stare intently at Clayton, eyes drinking in the muscles and contours of his body. His eyes were sharp and critical, as if he were running details inside his head as he stared, tracing every dip with his eyes. "Huh... You've got a slightly different lower back muscle stru— Hey!!! I was staring!!" He complained, and probably would've shot up if his foot didn't force him to stay down. Robert scowled. He was busy observing and now he just felt slightly cheated.

With a soft sigh, he shook his head. "Why is everyone so stingy?" He grumbled, taking one of the rice bowls—pork cutlet bowls, he recognized— and began to quietly dig in his meal. It was good, although a little too heavy for breakfast, but it should be fine. He munched on his food before shrugging. "Robert. Robert Farrington." He said casually, as if his last name wasn't a dead giveaway to just what his bloodline was.

However, it was obvious that he didn't care, nor was he expecting any sort of special treatment, that he hailed from such a prominent family in the field of space exploration.