[18+] Some Secrets [r. Midsummer] Should Remain Lost

From Firefly to Silent Hill and Hogwarts to Middle Earth, roleplays involving television, videogames, films, books, anime and comics go here.
Forum rules
All roleplay posts must be at least twelve sentences long (about two paragraphs) and have a rating in the title.

Suggested Ratings:

G: Open to everyone
PG-13: 13 years old and up
R: 15 years old and up
NC-17/18+: Restricted to Adults ONLY

Viewer discretion is advised
Board Rules apply in all forums.
Midsummer Angel

Re: [18+] Some Secrets [r. Midsummer] Should Remain Lost

Post by Midsummer Angel » Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:20 am

"I realized, but it's hard for you to sneak around and get a decent meal without anyone knowing, right?" He glanced at the half-eaten bowl of food. "You're not hungry?" Despite this, he grabbed the bowl and began eating the leftovers, eyes resting on the stack of words written in from of him, he only realized that Clayton was leaving again when the sound of the vent opening caught his attention.

Robert glanced up. "Where are you going?" At this rate, the young man was going to tail him out of curiosity. It seems like he would. "See? I even brought documents so I wouldn't ask you so much. Where are you UK going?"

Master of Shadows
Site Admin

Post by Master of Shadows » Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:25 am

"That's why I was snagging food at night when everyone was asleep." Admittedly, it had only happened once, but he was confident that had he not gave himself away to Robert that he would be still been an unknown on the ship. "No, not really." Given that the other was engrossed in his research, Clayton had hoped to escape unnoticed, but this didn't seem to be the case. Sighing, he gave the man a bit of scowly look. "I want to be alone for awhile."

That was really all he wanted to say. He had absolutely no desire for Robert to be hanging around while he shed. It made him feel vulnerable and anxious as it was. Having someone around only made it ten times worse. He also couldn't trust the guy not to get involved and mess things up.
War is coming swiftly... ..You don't know my power... I will resist and bite.

Midsummer Angel

Post by Midsummer Angel » Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:56 am

"But—" Well, he really couldn't say anything against that. He wanted to be alone, and frankly speaking, it's not like Robert could follow him around, given his current state. Instead the young man turned his head back down to his documents, pouting a little as he flipped through the pages of the binder. "Why though? Not like you liked anyone near you before, but is something gonna happen soon?" He asked, keeping his eyes on his research.

He also ate the leftovers, managing to polish the bowl within minutes. The stresseating thing might be true after all. He was obviously uncomfortable just sitting in one place. Even in his workplace, he'd move around while checking notes, multitasking as he kept himself on his feet. So being confined like this, it didn't seem to sit well with him. He sighed softly. "You probably know, but there's the janitor's room by the boiler room. No one really goss there anymore, so it's relatively empty all the time." He said quietly.

Master of Shadows
Site Admin

Post by Master of Shadows » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:17 am

He chose to ignore the question of if something would happen. Answering it would just serve to rouse Robert's curiosity and that was the absolute last thing that he wanted to happen. Lightly, the tip of his tail flicked in general annoyance. While he could be irritable at he best of times, shedding just made his mood ten times worse. It was the overall sensation and then the actual act of. Then again, he supposed that it would unnerve anyone who'd previously been human.

The suggestion of the janitor's room was met by a low grunt. He'd seen it, but it really didn't have the room he'd need. More than anything, it was tempting to find one of the other empty rooms and just use that. Maybe. He supposed that it'd just depend on when the shed happened. Saying nothing further, he pulled himself into the vent and returned to his room.

The next few hours saw him alternating between pacing and trying to sleep. Honestly, he wished he'd eaten more for lunch, but doubted that his stomach would have tolerated it. He eventually decided against finding a different spot to shed at since the process always left him exhausted. On top of that, his skin would be overly delicate and considering the occasional sharpness of the vents, didn't want to damage the fresh skin.

So, when evening came around, he was unhappily in the starting stages of shedding.

Midsummer Angel

Post by Midsummer Angel » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:28 pm

Robert wasn't at all happy with the fact that Clayton had left, ignoring most of his suggestions and questions. Not to mention, he was officially bot allowed to move his swollen foot, since everyone was convinced that he tore something. He sighed softly, tucking his foot under him and continuing with his research. Soft mutters filtered through the door of his room. He got visitors every now and then, but he didn't notice usually notice them until they bothered him with their smothering.

By the time the binder and the folders were forcibly taken from him, Robert had finished a rather large pile of reports, correcting them after he cross examined the papers from the other files. Jennifer clicked her tongue, giving the young man a half-glare. "You need to bathe, brush your teeth and get ready for bed. Stating up late would only make the healing process slower." She said sternly, watching Robert sigh listlessly. The woman raised an arched eyebrow. "Honey? Is something wrong?"

"Ah, well... You were the one in charge of the Xenomorph experiments back when you were still on Michael, right?" She nodded slowly. "See, I was wondering, when do Xenomorphs start acfing—" He gestured slightly.

"Strange?"

"Kind of... More aggressive?" He said, watching her eyes narrow in something similar to sadness and pity. He turned his head away.

"I believe it's molting season." She said quietly. "They're often far more protective of their alien parts, so it's no surprise that they don't want anyone near them when their skin is still soft. Prevents it from harming them."

Robert nodded along to the information, following Jennifer out of the room as she led him to the showers. When he was done, the young man headed straight to his room, exhaling loudly. Maybe he should've brought food? "Clayton? Can you hear me?"
Last edited by Midsummer Angel on Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

Master of Shadows
Site Admin

Post by Master of Shadows » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:05 pm

Shedding was always a pain in the ass. While the skin on his alien parts tended to come off in a solid piece, the human skin didn't always follow suit. In most cases, it came off in one chunk, but was thinner and more prone to tearing. This usually left him pulling bits of his human skin off for days after the shed. Honestly, the worst was his scalp, because it always itched. Luckily, once everything dried, he was usually able to take a hairbrush and vigorously scrub his head to get it all off.

However, he wasn't at that point yet.

For the moment, he had shoved all the covers to the side and was half curled up on his side. He'd managed to get the skin off of his face, neck, and shoulders, but was working on the rest of his body. His human skin was the bright pink of freshly healed skin while the shed skin was a vaguely milky color. Slowly, he peeled the skin down his arms and started working getting it off the alien parts. Blandly, he glanced up at the sound of Robert's voice, but chose to ignore him. If he responded, it'd just prompt the other to come try and visit.

Rolling over onto his side, he finally managed to get his arms free. Sighing softly, he stared at the shockingly white alien skin while he rested. The skin was soft and easily damaged at this point. Even too much pressure could dent it and be a weak point until the next time he shed. After a moment of resting, he started work on his lower half.

Midsummer Angel

Post by Midsummer Angel » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:02 am

Robert sighed quietly. Well, if he was to be of red, then so be it. The young man shimmied out of the bed and pulled himself on the wheelchair, reaching out to grab a towel for his bath before wheeling himself out of the bedroom. It was a lot of effort getting around, and by the time he got to the communal baths, his arms hurt from the exercise.

Still, the main challenge was being able to move around on his own. It took longer to get to the stalls, and it was hard since he could only use one foot to drag him along. Nevertheless, he managed to finish his shower and dress himself up, just in time to see Terry stroll in. "Hey."

"Don't overdo it." The man said after a short while. The younger male was glad that he didn't offer to wheel him out. Instead, Robert helped himself, making his way to the dining area. Once he had food, he quietly returned to his room. In the confines of this place, where he wasn't allowed in the labs and they would get mad if he was in there, he couldn't help but feel suffocated by all the smothering.

He groaned quietly and decided to just sleep. A few hours of rest would do. With that in mind, he turned the lights off and set the temperature to its lowest before curling back under the covers and going back to sleep.

Master of Shadows
Site Admin

Post by Master of Shadows » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:13 am

A few hours later saw Clayton completely finished with the shed and the remains on the floor. As for him, he was resting and slowly flexing his limbs to ensure that the soft skin didn't deform. Already, the thinner skin on his arms was well on its way to drying and hardening. This gave the xeno portion of him an odd mottled pattern. Some parts remained white, but others had already darkened to different shades of grey. Some parts, such as the tips of his fingers had already turned black. With the shed over with, his anxiety had left him, just leaving hunger in its place.

As much as he wanted food, his skin was still much too delicate and it made him regret having not eaten more for breakfast. Sighing, he slowly got off the bed and moved around the room. He also needed to figure out what to do with the shed. That was something that he couldn't leave lying around. Someone could find it and then the whole ship would know that he was on board. That being said, he was mildly surprised that Robert hadn't decided to try and bother him.

Midsummer Angel

Post by Midsummer Angel » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:55 pm

He didn't know how long he slept, but Robert blearily woke up when someone was shaking him. Blinking awake, he was greeted by the worried faces of Terry and Jennifer, both trying to get him warm. Their loud voices rang in his ears. From what he had understood, they were worried when he didn't show up for dinner, and had decided to go check on him, only to panic when they saw that within a few more hours, his room would've become coated with frost.

"What we're you thinking?" Jennifer asked, hands on her hips as Terry handed Robert some food. "The room is at four degrees Celsius. FOUR!! Your fingers were blue, and I don't even know how you could sleep like this!!" She exclaimed, turning the heat up a bit so it was at a more appropriate level. Robert sneezed, half listening as the two droned on. He was feeling lethargic, and the sniffing was a sign of a brewing cold.

Finally, when the two left, he sneezed softly again, before having an the remaining bowl of food left for him. He had already eaten his fill. "Clayton? You awake?" He asked, shimming himself, so he was at level with the vent. "I've got food here. Want some?"

Master of Shadows
Site Admin

Post by Master of Shadows » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:34 pm

It was honestly a bit surprising that Robert didn't come bother him, but Clayton wasn't about to complain. It meant that his skin would have longer to dry and harden before the inevitable prodding. Since he wasn't able to go out and get food, presently, he chose to sleep. However, later in the evening he was woken up by the sound of people talking. It took him a few moments to register that it was coming from Robert's room, but he wasn't exactly sure what had been said due to being half asleep.

A few moments later, he heard Robert calling for him through the vent. While he was hungry, Clayton didn't fancy the idea of being examined. Sighing softly, he glanced at himself. Most of his parts weren't white anymore and were either mottled grey or black. The areas that were lighter in color tended to be where the skin was thickest, such as his thighs and tail. The thinner skin had already dried. That meant that they weren't likely to be damaged by the vents, or deformed by poking. With a soft huff, he carefully climbed into the vent and made his way into Robert's room.

Immediately, he focused on the food and snatched up the bowl to eat.

Midsummer Angel

Post by Midsummer Angel » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:59 pm

To be honest, Robert didn't expect he'd come, and had settled down on his bed, about to lower the temperature once more. Before he could, Clayton came in through the vents, surprising him slightly. He blinked, staring at the other man intently before allowing his gaze to settle on the mottled skin. His eyes dragged up and down in confusion, obviously trying to make sense.

"Ah... You came. How was shedding?" He asked, unable to move from his bed, especially since he had already settled down. His room was very cold, but it didn't seem to bother the young man, who was snuggling the with of his blankets. "Is it okay for you to be moving around already?" Robert voiced out.

Just then, he sneezed, quickly deflating before snuggling back into the covers. He sneezed again. "Ugh..." Shaking the thought out of his head, he sniffed a few more times before OK serving the one eating in his room. "You're really hungry, aren't you?"

Master of Shadows
Site Admin

Post by Master of Shadows » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:23 am

He was very aware of the other man's stare and pulled his tail closer to himself in a somewhat defensive move. Clayton didn't really want to get poked and examined, thank you. Still, the desire for food had overruled his general dislike of company, despite the fact that he knew that he'd ended up being asked a bunch of different questions. On the other hand, he immediately noticed how cold the room was. While he was a bit more resistant to temperature variations, it was enough to give him goosebumps and shiver a bit.

"Fine." He was a bit guarded when it came to his shedding. Like hell he was going to tell the other man that it made him feel like an anxious mess, even after two years. "If it wasn't, I wouldn't be here." The bowl was finished off fairly quickly and it really didn't feel like enough, but it'd have to do. "You're sick." He noted, immediately picking up on the 'weakness'. "Surprised the crew isn't bitching about how cold your room is."

Midsummer Angel

Post by Midsummer Angel » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:03 am

Robert sniffed. "Does it itch?" He asked, completely ignoring the simple answer. He was very curious, but since he was snuggled in the safety of his blankets, it was hard to see what he was doing. He sneezed, before sniffing again. The cold air nipped his nose and a slight shiver wracked his frame. Maybe it was too cold. He sneezed again.

"Well... They were earlier, but I turned the temperature down once they left." He replied, snuggling even more under the blankets. "I figured it'd lower my body temperature." He said quietly, before sneezing loudly once more. He had already taken some medicine earlier. It's just a matter of waiting for it to kick in.

Master of Shadows
Site Admin

Post by Master of Shadows » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:18 pm

Rather than answering the question, Clayton focused on eyeballing the thermostat to see what the room was set at. Especially with how the guy was sneezing and shivering. Hell, he could see bits of breath when the guy spoke. That, in of itself, said that it was way, way too cold. On one hand, letting the guy get sick and potentially kick it would mean no one would know he was around. There also wouldn't be any risk of Robert accidentally blabbing about him. On the other hand, he couldn't exactly leave the guy like this in good conscious. Besides that, he was still pretty useful.

"You're an idiot." Clayton stated plainly before jabbing the thermostat to turn up the temperature to a more human friendly range. "Everyone knows that a slight fever helps with being sick. It's the high one's that're dangerous."

Midsummer Angel

Post by Midsummer Angel » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:46 pm

Robert let out a defeated groan. "Not you too!!" He complained, and was about to say more but was cut off with loud sneezing. He sneezed a few more times before sadly sniffling. "Don't start smothering me." It was obvious he was only getting worse. However, it seems that he really didn't want people fussing over him. The young man sneezed a few more times before sniffling softly. He was just waiting for the medicine to kick in and be useful Now. Other than that, he felt really lethargic.

"You didn't answer my question." He pointed out before peeking from the blanket, so only his face was seen. "Can I touch you?" It was probably not a good idea, especially since he was sick, and there was a chance he got it while running away from the Gabriel, but then again, Clayton's blood was acidic. It should kill bacteria and viruses. He sneezed again, the motion wracking his frame as a pained groan escaped him. "Say... Wouldn't it be easier on you if I just died?" He asked suddenly. "If the medicine doesn't kick in after five minutes, there's a chance that the reason I have a fever is because of some microorganism that got into my bloodstream while I was escaping the Gabriel if that's the reason then I probably would last until we dock but I could end myself here if I get even more exposed to the strain assuming that we have a copy of that strain here maybe if I strengthen the infection it could kill me I wonder how strong it should be no one has done that experiment yet it could help those in the smaller labs next time they encounter a strain and of cou—Achoo!!"

Master of Shadows
Site Admin

Post by Master of Shadows » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:50 pm

"The fact that I'm shivering says plenty. Frankly, I don't care if someone likes things on the cooler side, but this is absurd." No, Clayton wasn't going to smother the guy in any sense of the word. There was no emotional attachment and at this point, any interests he had in keeping Robert alive was due to his own sense of survival. Of course, it seemed that the scientist wasn't so sick to notice the lack of answer to his question.

"That was the entire point." The next question was met with a glare, "No, you can't touch me." While his skin was mostly hardened, he didn't like anything or anyone touching it and he'd remain that way until everything had dried. He was about to snark at the other man when Robert suddenly launched into a ramble. Honestly, he didn't understand most of what was being said, so he did the first logical thing that came to mind.

He leaned forward to smack Robert upside the head.

Midsummer Angel

Post by Midsummer Angel » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:27 pm

He let out a whine, before yelping loudly when he was smacked upside of the head. "What was that for?" He exclaimed, sitting straight and letting the blankets fall around his hips. That was probably a bad idea since he suddenly felt nauseous. "Ugh..." He whimpered, trying to gain control of his nausea. Peering up at Clayton, he sniffed again.

"You're so violent." He commented, before letting out a violent string of sneezes. When he as done,he let out a pathetic whimper and fell back down. His hands were clammy as he pressed them over his eyes. He peered at Clayton, cheeks flushed from the fever he nodded doubtedly had. "So... " It seems he was gonna continue. "Does it itch? The shedding? Also, can I have a piece of the skin? I was TV to study it." That had been his aim the entire time. Of course, he didn't get the chance to peer at the tissue under a microscope, so he wanted to have the experience for himself.

He sneezed again. "When's it gonna kick in?" He murmured softly, sniffling just as loudly as he buried himself under the blankets once more. Despite the raised temperature, he was still freezing, or burning up. He felt like it was very cold, but his body temperature had skyrocketed. Aside from the chills, he didn't seem to be thoroughly affected by the fever though.

Master of Shadows
Site Admin

Post by Master of Shadows » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:04 pm

"For being dumb." While he knew that some people tended to be a bit mopey when they got ill, he wasn't really the sympathetic type. This was especially true when he was in the process of recovering from something, himself. An impassive stare was given to Robert sat up. If the other man was trying to be assertive, he was doing a piss poor job of it. Honestly, it was a bit pathetic.

Clayton couldn't help but snort at the claim of being violent. While he wouldn't deny that he had tendencies, he was a great deal more passive that a true Xenomorph. Had one of those been around, Robert would have been dead a long time ago. As the questions continued, he rolled his eyes. "How about I don't and say I did?" He made a mental note to himself to find a good way of disposing of the skin so no one could find it, especially Robert.

"Probably when you go back to sleep." Honestly, with how sick Robert was, it was likely dangerous to stay in the room. The crew obviously mother henned the guy which meant frequent check ins. With that in mind, he moved towards the vent to leave.

Midsummer Angel

Post by Midsummer Angel » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:17 pm

He sniffled. The fever seemed to be making him more like a petulant child now. "Geeze. Are you some sort of sadist or something? It's bad to assault the sick." He complained, before sneezing softly again. Buried in his blankets, he peered up at Clayton, already expecting the refusal. Oh well, it was a shame. Robert wanted to see its properties, and of course study the components, but he guessed that even if he did manage to get a sample, it'd be hard to study it when everyone hovered over him. He sneezed again.

"Why're you leaving so soon?" It's obvious that he still wanted to talk, wanted to make a conversation with the other, but his eyes were getting heavy. Still, he struggled to wrack his brain for questions. "Can't you stay a bit?" It wasn't everyday they get to talk to a sentient specimen that didn't want to annihilate them. However, Robert was naive to any and all implications of the matter, with him for more concerned about what he could learn from the other man. He Shifted in bed, so there was a bit of space around him, making him look smaller with all the curling that he did.

"How old are you? And when's your birthday?" He asked, deciding to go towards the more generic topics as to not invoke another smack to the head. "How do you use the bathroom?" He asked, genuinely curious because he doesn't know how xenomorphs do their business. "What's it like?" to be like that was unspoken. He understood that it was probably an insensitive question, but he just wanted to make small talk.

Master of Shadows
Site Admin

Post by Master of Shadows » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:47 pm

"...If I assaulted you, you'd be dead." Really, that had been little more than a light slap, and just enough to snap the guy out of his rambling. At least it seemed that Robert was starting to get sleepy, judging from his facial expression. Likely, the medication was starting to kick in. Unfortunately, it did nothing to stem the tide of questions. "Because with you being sick and he crew fussing over you, they're likely to be checking up on you frequently and I don't want to be caught." It was a valid concern.

Clayton sighed loudly when he was suddenly asked numerous questions. While they started out as being benign, they quickly became invasive and culminated in a question that caused him to look away. 'I hate everything about it.' Was the first thought that came to mind. He didn't voice it, since it would likely prompt more questions. "I hear someone coming." He lied and quickly climbed into the vents.

Rather than returning to his room, he slowly moved through the vents to the hydroponics bay. With it being in the evening, most people were finishing up with eating, relaxing, or had already gone to bed. Quickly, he snagged a few of the ripe vegetables and retreated back into the vent to eat and think.

Midsummer Angel

Post by Midsummer Angel » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:48 am

"huh? But-" Robert protested, only to be faced with Clayton's back to him as he shimmied back into the vents. The young man stared sadly before sighing and letting out a few more sneezes. He groaned, feeling around for the remote and lowering the temperature again, muttering to himself about how people should just mind their own things and not bother with his thermostat. Finally, with the temperature at a comfortable (extremely cold) level, he snuggled deeper, sticking his head out. He shivered. Robert knew it probably wasn't doing him any favors, but he liked the cold. Just then, loud knocking roused him from his daze, and Terry rushed in.

"I heard voices, Robby. What's goi- Holy crap." He said, recoiling once the cold settled in. on the bed, the young man blearily linked at him before closing his eyes once more. With a worried click of his tongue, he pressed his hand on his forehead, flinching at the boiling temperature of his skin. "Shit. Come on. Stand up, kid. Mike?! Mike!!" He yelled, hoisting Robert on his back when the young man slumped forward. His temperature had skyrocketed. At once, a bunch of the medical staff had rushed in, taken his vitals and then proceeded to dump him in a tub of ice cubes. Twenty minutes later, everything had calmed down and Mike was testing his blood for unknown strains.

The nurse sighed softly and ran a hand through his hair. Terry and Jennifer watched him cautiously. He snorted and shook his head. "Yeah, it's a mutated virus. I'm not that familiar with it, but it's probably something he caught when he was aboard Gabriel, probably from the Naipula or something." He began, just as Robert let out a soft snore. The three looked at him before resuming their conversation. "It's not life threatening, but it'll probably destroy his eyes since this particular strain goes straight for the eyes. I'm just hopin' we get to the docks in time." He said quietly. The conversation died out after that, and people soon trickled out of the medical bay, leaving the sleeping Robert alone.

Master of Shadows
Site Admin

Post by Master of Shadows » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:02 pm

Truthfully, Clayton was starting to get a bit stir crazy. He’d never need someone that liked staying in the same place for long periods of time, and that had only gotten worse after he’d changed. Unfortunately, he also knew that wandering around the ship was both a bad idea due to the potential of being caught, and due to his skin not being fully hardened. So, after he finished eating, he made his way back to his room to rest.

He honestly wasn’t sure how long he slept, but it was the sensation of being hungry that woke him. Slowly, he stretched and rolled out of bed. It was a bit of a surprise that Robert hadn’t woken him up in some fashion. Maybe the medication had kicked in? Climbing into the vent, he made his way to the scientist’s room and was a bit surprised to find the room empty. That was a bit strange. Well, it seemed that he was going to have to get his own food, then.

Making his way to the kitchen, he patiently waited in the vents while the last few people left. In doing so, overheard snippets of conversation, including the words ‘Robert’ and ‘Medbay’. Considering how cold the guy had insisted on making the room, it wasn’t much of a surprise that they’d haul him to the medbay. Either he made himself sicker, or the medical team wizened up and moved him to a place where he couldn’t set the temperature a few degrees above freezing.

After raiding the fridge and quickly getting back into the vent before someone showed up, he curled up in a vent junction to chow down on the food. It was cold and didn’t taste all that great because of that, but it was something in his stomach. Clayton had never been a picky eater and the military had quickly removed any sight pickiness that he had.

Once he was done eating, he made his way through the vents to the medbay. He soon spotted Robert on one of the beds, but he didn’t have a good enough vantage point to tell if there was anyone else in the room. So, as much as he would have liked to poke around, his ass stayed in the vent. Likely, if the other man was in a severe enough of condition, the ship doctor wouldn’t leave him unattended.

For now, he was on his own, which wasn’t anything unusual. Turning around in the vent, he continued his explorations, mentally making notes of rooms that he could hide in if the one he was in was compromised. Finally, he returned back to his room and glared at the shed that was still on the floor. He had to deal with that. Maybe he could tear it up into smaller pieces and flush it? It’d take time, but it was better than nothing.

Midsummer Angel

Post by Midsummer Angel » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:32 pm

After what seemed like days, though half a day had passed, Robert groggily opened his eyes. The room was in bright, psychedelic colors, with pins and needles of sharp yellows and painful reds trickling into his vision. He groaned loudly, raising a hand to rub it his eyes. His fever had gone down, but his head felt like it was stuffed with cotton and his blood felt like lead. He grunted again, trying to sit up. There was a slight pinch at the back of his hand and he stared at the protruding IV.

".... Medbay." The sterilized room was familiar. He did an inventory of his body. There was an IV attached to his left hand, his sprained foot was in a cast, the was a cooling pad on his forehead and his clothes had been swapped for a sterile patient attire. He groaned softly as the light's started acting up again. It hurt his eyes. His vision wavered and blurred harshly. A wave of nausea rushed over him and he doubled over frantically looking around.

There was a bucket on the bedside table. Grabbing it, he dry heaved for a few minutes, water stinging his eyes. He groaned. Just then, the door opened and Mike came in, handing him a glass of water. With a soft murmur of thanks, he took the glass and downed it in one gulp. "How're you feeling?"

"Like I'm high and drunk at the same time." He said, before flopping back down with a groan. Mike shot him a sympathetic look.

"Well, considering your room temperature and your virus, it's expected." He said quietly, watching Robert shoot him a pained, confused look. Mike sighed. "It's an extraterrestrially mutated virus strain." He said, before sighing quietly once more "Anyway, just rest. Do you think you could eat?" Robert nodded, and Mike left him alone to get him something to eat.

Finally, alone in the medical bay once more, he closed his eyes, breathing and calmly as he can through his nose at he winked the headache to go away. A mutated strain is obvious. He's probably going to be forced to stay for a bit. Hopefully, not for long.

Master of Shadows
Site Admin

Post by Master of Shadows » Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:24 am

It would likely take time to tear the skin apart and flush it, but he was more concerned about the xeno part of the shed. After all, that part was a lot more non-human and could easily be ID'd as such. The human shed just tended to look like skin peelings after a really bad sunburn. Still, it all needed to be gotten rid of to further hide his presence on the ship. He didn't think that people would come knocking, but if they did, he wanted as little evidence as possible.

So, he spent the rest of the day tearing up the shed and putting it in a towel that he could haul around with him on trips to the bathroom. Worst case scenario, he could always hide it in the vents. While that idea wasn't ideal, it was better than nothing.

Once he was done, it was back into the vents. First, he made a quick trip to the bathrooms to get rid of some of the skin. After making sure everything flushed, he ducked into the vents once more and stored the towel with the skins nearby. From there, he made his way to where the medbay was and peered in.

He was able to catch the tail end of the conversation, something about a mutated virus strain. Briefly, he wondered if it was something he could catch, but waved away the idea. The scientists had tried to infect him with all sorts of things without success. Given that he didn't know if any medical staff were in the medbay, he made his way to the kitchen and waited in the vent till everyone left.

Midsummer Angel

Post by Midsummer Angel » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:04 pm

Not long after, food arrived, and Robert slowly dug in. By the time he was finished eating, Mike had ordered him to go get some rest before closing the lights and leaving him by his lonesome. He could guess that everyone was milling about. Also, that meant he would be bored while he wasn't asleep. Obviously no one wanted him to work.

A resigned grunt escaped him as he decided to get into a more comfortable position. His head throbbed and his stomach twisted and turned. He took note of the water at the bedside table and the pail at the side of the bed. Vaguely he wondered what kind of mutated virus he had acquired. He had very limited knowledge on the viruses themselves, but he had a few ideas after seeing what they did to the extraterrestrial life. He hummed softly, closing his eyes in attempt to shoo away the nauseous feeling.

"Mutated flu virus probably a strain three or higher possibly if Mike didn't have anything to counter it and yet no one's worrying so it's probably nothing to be worried about I should be fine once we get back to base but it's hot and cold why is it hot eugh I wish it was cold." He softly murmured to himself before hazily blinking his eyes and staring at the dark ceiling.

He wondered if Clayton was done shedding. Probably. He wondered if the man left him some skin to study. He chuckled at that. That would be nice, yes. To be able to study some extraterrestrial tissue. He snorted softly, unaware that his cheeks were turning red from his fever. It seems that the room temperature was too warm as his body twitched slightly involuntarily. All he knew was that it was so hot.