[r]my sweet prince [denarian au] you are the one[18+]

From Firefly to Silent Hill and Hogwarts to Middle Earth, roleplays involving television, videogames, films, books, anime and comics go here.
Forum rules
All roleplay posts must be at least twelve sentences long (about two paragraphs) and have a rating in the title.

Suggested Ratings:

G: Open to everyone
PG-13: 13 years old and up
R: 15 years old and up
NC-17/18+: Restricted to Adults ONLY

Viewer discretion is advised
Board Rules apply in all forums.
Master of Shadows
Site Admin

[r]my sweet prince [denarian au] you are the one[18+]

Post by Master of Shadows » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:22 pm

He didn't know how he got here, to be honest.

One minute he had a life, dreams, and ideas. Then, in a blink of an eye, it was all gone. He thought he was smart and strong enough to deal with things he should never gotten wrapped into doing to begin with.

Dean's deal was done with. His brother took a few months to heal from the attack by Lilith's hellhounds but he was alive and his soul wasn't doomed to Hell. Well, at least not anymore than usual. Lilith escaped though. And maybe Sam was just as arrogant and naive as his father always implied he was because when Ruby came slinking back around he let her get into his head. They had to beat Lilith and it was obvious only he could do it.

Which meant needing to be stronger, faster, and more powerful. He was only immune so far to her powers by luck as far as he was concerned. And despite his reservations, he knew demon blood was his only answer.

At least until Dean found out.

Honestly, it was a miracle he could keep it from his brother at all. They lived in each other's pockets, even if they were closed off sometimes. Dean practically had a "Sammy is being stupid" radar and almost caught him and Ruby a few times.

And of course, he didn't understand. He rather lose to Lilith than Sam become a monster, or so he said. And maybe Sam was stupid but he couldn't say Dean's opinion of him didn't matter. It did. And now Dean wanted nothing to do with him. Told him to fuck right off until he was clean. Even Bobby gave him a wide berth when Sam tried to ask about him.

Despite everything, it wasn't easy to just stop, even if he somehow honestly believed that was the right thing to do. And he couldn't always say it was; not when he thought of all the shit Lilith was doing or could do. Or when he remembered when she made her hounds rip into Dean. Or when Ruby made it hard to think of anything but their mission. When it felt good at first to do it and he felt powerful.

He was in deep, he knew that. It was called an addiction for a reason.

But he was stronger than that, dammit. A demon wasn't going to dictate his choices. And every time he drank demon blood he was giving Azazel-the dead bastard-, Lilith, and even Ruby exactly what they wanted. For him to be one of them. To be manipulated and used. Even it seemed like it felt good the very fact that he always needed more said volumes. And who knew what the long term consequences were?

---

3 months, 5 days, 9 hours, ..12 seconds and counting.

That's how long he'd been sober.

It turned out demon blood was a lot like heroin. Right down to the itch in his skin when he went more than a month without. He'd stopped once before, for a good few weeks, and relapsed. This time he burned all his cellphones, kept his motel rooms warded off demons, and locked himself in the bathroom under cold water whenever Ruby came around. It was surprisingly easy to know when she was. She wasn't exactly subtle.

He had a job at the local supermarket as a cashier, stopped moving around in the last month, and settled into a decent routine. He wasn't naive into thinking it would last forever but the NA meetings he attended helped. He was a regular, kept his medallion in his pocket at all times, and said a few lines of prayer every time he felt tempted to go out and find a demon or Ruby.

The one week he needed it most, though, was when he lost it. He didn't quite have the best relationship with his sponsor. He was too paranoid after Ruby to get close to anyone else. And now he was gone, having moved, and he was supposed to meet up with someone that weekened to see if they could take his place. Which is obviously the best time for Ruby to come around.

Sam all but ran out of the store once his shift was over. It was only Monday, for christsake. He'd been looking for his chip for three days to no avail. He could see Ruby's car parked near the entrance and slipped the opposite way, ducking his head as he carried a bag of small groceries for dinner with him. He palmed his pockets out of habit as he crossed the street to the motel a few minutes later. His hands were sweating, throat dry, and he'd give Ruby about ten minutes after he got to his room to knock. He hadn't seen her in over two months, so she'd have to shit talk to get him to open the door. Offer to go somewhere public to ease his nerves.

Sighing, Sam fished out the motel room key from his pocket, sending some loose change to the floor. He almost debated leaving it as he saw a familiar orange and black car turning the corner but just scrambled to pick up the loose dollars and coins and made his way inside.

He locked the door, throwing the money on the bed along with his bag, except for a larger coin. For a second he thought he'd found his chip, the metal similar in size and thickness. He looked down in surprise to see a dragon etched on the front of a silver coin instead of red, squigly lines in a language he didn't recognize around it, and flipped it over on his palm to see similar writing on the back.

His head snapped up at a knock on the door, momentarily distracted, until a seering pain suddenly blazed over his hand, up his arm and all over. It was worse than anything he ever felt before. Like his veins were on fire, he was drowning in it. What was happening?

He passed out before he could scream.
War is coming swiftly... ..You don't know my power... I will resist and bite.

Master of Shadows
Site Admin

Re: [r]my sweet prince [denarian au] you are the one[18+]

Post by Master of Shadows » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:23 pm

Eurynome had always been vain, having been proud of his dark colored wings which stood out against the brightly colored wings of his brothers and sisters. Of course, the same vanity was what made it so easy for him to fall, along with the others. Bound to a coin and locked in unending darkness unless he found a host. Through the years, he had managed just that and wormed his way into human culture. Unlike his brethren who adopted horrific and monstrous forms in order to lash out against the father above, Eury was still vain as ever. He adopted the form of a dragon; a powerful, vain creature for an equally powerful and vain fallen angel.

However, the instances of being without a host were damned near maddening. It wasn’t the darkness, no, he was fine with that. Embraced it even, given his nature with his shadows. It was the sheer boredom that nearly drove him mad. There was nothing to do but drift in the darkness. He didn’t even have the luxury of sleeping. So, he paced and waited as time slowly ticked by. Not that time really had any meaning in this place. Eurynome waited, waited for someone to touch the coin, or to sense someone who’d be just right.

Then it happened, a that sensation cut through the darkness. A host, one that would complement him like no other. Honestly, he didn’t need to think twice before jumping into the body, not caring about any pain that might be caused. Quickly, he dug into the memories of the man. The well-known things bubbled up first: name, age, birth place, where he lived. Then other memories started to surface: being an addict, attempting to be clean, hiding from the demon that caused it.

Sam’s nerves still sung with the need for demon blood, and would no doubt continue to do so for the rest of the man’s existence. In a way, this angered Eury, despite having only entered the body. How dare the demon defile such a perfect host! Not only was he vain and egotistical, but he also had a very, very nasty temper. Opening his eyes, he pushed himself off the floor and glanced to the door where someone was knocking. The demon. He could all but taste the corruption that poured off of it.

Moving to the door, he swiped a foot through the ward that he knew was there and opened the door. Before he could say anything, the demon waltzed right in. Briefly, he narrowed his eyes before closing the door. She was talking, something about how she missed him and was sorry for what she had done. Lies, all of it. She only wanted the host back under her thumb, and he knew it. As he walked towards her she raised her arms to try and drape them over his shoulders, instead, they grabbed his forearm when he snapped an arm out to grab her throat.

At first, she gasped out the name of the host, but seemed to choke on her words when she looked up into the eyes that burned red. “Who are you?” She managed to get out, even as her eyes shifted to the shadows that played across the wall behind ‘Sam’.

“You are nothing but filth,” he hissed, “corrupting my host as you have.” His grip on the demon’s neck tightened, preventing her from spewing any excuses. If anything, he felt satisfaction in feeling the windpipe give away under the strength of his hand. The demon clawed at his arm, the injuries healing almost immediately. Then with a smile, he slammed her down onto the floor, the sound muffled by the shadows that pooled at his feet. Still, she struggled against him as fruitless as it was.

With a feral smile, he pushed energy into the demon, burning her from the inside out. Thanks to both the damage to her throat and the grip he still had on it, her screams came out as gurgles. Within a few minutes he released his grip on the demon who was now a burnt corpse. As he stood, the shadows consumed the corpse, disposing of it. Now, he needed investigate the matter of the sleeping host, as well as dealing with the still present craving for demon blood.

Finally, he sat down on the bed and turned his attention inward. There, he crafted a mental room. It was something familiar for Sam. An old study filled to the brim with books, comfortable but moth eaten chairs. There, he took a human form and sat in one of the chairs. Tall, shoulder length dark hair, dark eyes, a few days of stubble. Based on Sam’s memories, he crafted what he felt would be the host’s dream man, as it were. With Sam on the couch still sleeping, he mentally woke him.

“Hello, Sam.”

Master of Shadows
Site Admin

One second he was on fire and the next it was gone. He blinked his eyes open, a familiar ceiling coming into view. He rubbed his face, realizing someone had woke him. "Bobby?" He turned his head and tensed slightly when he saw someone else instead. He pushed himself up, surprised that he felt fine, and stared at the man.

"Who are you?" He looked around, hoping to hear sounds of the other hunter coming over. "Where's Bobby?..What happened?" He frowned and looked down at his hand reflexively, remembering the coin he'd found. And Ruby, at the door. God. Had she done something?

The coin was gone but burnt perfectly on his palm was a clean symbol of the dragon that had been on it as if it had always been there. What the fuck?

Master of Shadows
Site Admin

The room would have all the familiar sounds associated with it, but there was a complete absence of anything outside the room or outside the windows. Eury gave a slight tilt of his head. "He's not here. To summarize, you found me and I chose you." His accent was completely foreign, rich but perfectly understandable all the same.

When the thought of Ruby floated by, he chuckled softly. "Don't worry about her. She's no longer a concern: she's been...Dealt with." Lazily, he stood, his movements fluid.

"However, there's still the matter of what she did to you. The filth." There was an underlying tone of disgust in his voice that was directed towards the deceased demon. Moving over to Sam, he gently took the other man's hands so that the palms were pointing up. "Your nerves still sing for the demon's venom."

Master of Shadows
Site Admin

Sam's eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "Chose me? For what?" That last time someone chose him was Azazel and he didn't care to be chosen for anything anymore. He wanted to be normal, not special.

He blinked, realization dawning on him, a second after the other man answered his unspoken question. "You can read my mind," he said, surprised. He watched him move over, shoulders tense, and flinched at the tone in his voice. There was little doubt about his feelings but it didn't help answer any of Sam's questions. And Ruby may have helped with his addiction but Azazel put demon blood in him to begin with.

He eyed him distrustfully, pursing his lips at his comment.

"It's part of me," he said before he could help it, having realized it in the last few months. Not sure why he bothered at all, considering he didn't know who this was, he snatched his hands away and curled them into fists.

"What do you want from me? Who are you? Tell me," he insisted, glaring at him.

Master of Shadows
Site Admin

"To be my host. We compliment one another." He knew that Sam wouldn't like the answer, based on the memories. The man in front of him had been but a pawn in a celestial game. "I tire of being but a cog in the galactic machine.I strive to free myself, as do you."

The statement caused him to bow his head slightly in concession. "In a sense, yes." He wasn't going to reveal that they were inside Sam's mind, not yet anyway. However, he imagined that the other would probably figure it out soon enough.

"Part of you, certainly. But no longer." Quick as lightning, he grabbed the other man's wrists again. This time, his grip was strong, impossible to escape from. "Demon filth forced it upon you when you were but a babe, as is their way. It creeps in your veins, tainting your very being." As he spoke, he honed in on the need for demon blood, the craving that was always there.

Then, he dug his thumbnails into Sam's wrists had enough to break skin, hard enough to rip into the veins. There wouldn't be pain, not at all. This was more symbolic than anything. "I purge this demonic filth from you." As the blood dripped from the injuries he had caused, the craving for demon blood would rapidly diminish until it was as if the addiction had never been.

He released Sam's wrists, the injuries he had caused rapidly healing and leaving no sign of ever being.

Master of Shadows
Site Admin

Post by Master of Shadows » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:24 pm

The word host in of itself didn't sound good to Sam. He narrowed his eyes at him suspiciously at his comment. "What does that entail, being your host? Eternal damnation? You owning my soul, maybe?" If they could read his mind like he said, then he would know Sam wasn't stupid enough to fall for words like that.

Sam flinched when his wrists were caught and tugged automatically but it was like his arms were set in stone. He opened his mouth to protest, only to close it when he felt his bones creak from his grip, and yet felt no pain.

His eyes widened as he dug his thumbs into his skin and blood poured out. His throat clicked, prone to dryness since he started drinking blood, along with a neverending thirst for it. Sam felt his the rapid heart beat in his chest, from fear or something else he didn't know, as the aches in his body lessened considerably. His mouth filled with saliva, muscles relaxed from where they had been knotted, and the overwhelming need he'd carried around with him for almost a year seemed to wash away fully just as the wounds closed.

His eyes prinkled with tears, relief flooding through him, and he palmed his wrists in confusion. "What-"

He looked up, eyes wide, and stared at him.

"What are you?"

Master of Shadows
Site Admin

"Eternal life. The power the rain down wrath upon the demons that wronged you and the strength to slay the she-bitch Lillith." It was all true, these were things he desired to do. However, what he left out was that they were bound now. Really, Sam didn't have much choice in the matter, but it was always easier to get the host to agree than to break them.

Slowly, he moved to sit on the coffee table in front of the couch, gently running a thumb over where the injuries had been. "Vengeance and rage personified. The might of the heavens are at my command. Legions swore themselves to my leadership." He reached up to gently brush away a tear that was slowly rolling down Sam's cheek.

"A prince of heaven," no longer since his fall, "I am many things, yet nothing at all."

Master of Shadows
Site Admin

Sam bit his lip. This was too good to be true. The demon blood had seemed like the answer at first too. Was this something like that? He'd been trying to find an alternative for killing Lilith but just hit walls. She couldn't be killed by just anything. She was the first demon to have ever been created.

He eyed the man, uncertain. "And what does it get you?" There had to be a catch.

He looked away from his face to their hands, swallowed thickly, and tried to make sense of his words and read in between them. His eyebrows furrowed.

"Lucifer?"

Master of Shadows
Site Admin

"A body. Freedom. The ability to destroy my enemies." His hatred of demons was nearly overpowering at times, but there was also the dislike of his fallen brethren. They had all fallen for different reasons.

The name caused a flicker of emotion to cross his face. Surprise with a mixture of amusement. Softly, he laughed. "No, I'm most certainly not him. He was the first, but not the last. Ours was our own doing and unrelated to his."

Master of Shadows
Site Admin

Sam frowned a little deeper and he looked away again. He didn't know if he could trust him. A part of him wanted to, especially after what they'd done. But he was only a little bit less paranoid than his father had been.

He couldn't help but sigh a little at his denial. He didn't know if he was relieved or wary now. "Who are your enemies, then?" He gave him a curious look. "And what do you mean 'ours was our own doing'? Whose?" If the comparison and implication he seemed to be making was true then he meant angels. Right?

Master of Shadows
Site Admin

"Demons, primarily. Millennia ago, they wouldn't dare step foot on this world. Things have unfortunately changed." Slowly, he got up and wandered over to one of the bookshelves. The books were blank, and the titles along the spines nonsense.

"Lucifer was the first. Jealousy, if you were curious. Irregardless, he set things in motion. The Falling. We all were susceptible once the Kinship had been broken. Lilith, a lesser, was the second to fall. Lust for Lucifer. She became the first demon, succubi and incubi can trace have to her perversions." He turned and made his way to the chair he had originally been sitting in.

"We all had our reasons. Primarily the cardinal sins." A faint smirk quirked over his lips as he gestured to himself and bowed his head as if in greeting, "Vanity and Pride."

Master of Shadows
Site Admin

Sam didn't have anything to say there. Hunters reported similarly, in the last few centuries. Demons had been a rarity for a long time, although the more experienced hunters learned about them. But in Sam's lifetime it was as if the door to Hell had been held open long before he'd let it happen himself three years ago. Now, they were everywhere.

He listened quietly, interested despite himself. He couldn't help it even in a situation like this one; he was still interested and wanting to learn as much as he could.

Sam eyed him as he finished, torn. He was tempted, truth be told. The man-no the angel-made it sound so simple. He was tired of having anyone else in control of his life, though.

"What does it mean..to be host?" He frowned a little, having some idea already. "Physically and mentally, I mean. Demons, as an example, can take full control of their host and keep them unconscious."

Master of Shadows
Site Admin

Post by Master of Shadows » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:25 pm

"A partnership. I can't say anything for my brethren, however. They went from one extreme to the other. I'm quite content to sit in the middle." He could feel the thoughts churning around him. Sam had figured out that he was asleep, but was trying to hide this.

"Physically, you will be nigh impossible to kill. Only a handful of things can kill a being such as myself and that would extend to you. Mentally..Well, as I said. It would be a partnership."

Master of Shadows
Site Admin

He didn't care to be immortal, although it would help, when it came to fighting those like Lilith. However, the other's vague answers, made Sam purse his lips.

He crossed his arms over his chest and narrowed his eyes at him.

"I don't like being kept in the dark. So if you could be less vague, that would be great. Especially if youre just as much of a parasite as a tick. I just want real answers, dammit."

Master of Shadows
Site Admin

Lightly, he canted his head, hearing the thoughts before Sam spoke them. Then, he softly chuckled before suddenly vanishing in a swirl of shadow and reappearing in front of Sam, leaning in close to force the man back against the couch. "Here's the real answer then. This is all a nicety: you quite honestly don't have a choice in the matter. Unlike my brethren who would have simply broken you to their will, I do prefer a partnership. However, I'm not above breaking you or simply putting you into an eternal sleep."

He straightened up and looked down at Sam, "As it stands, I've already been quite nice to you. Not only did I destroy the she-devil that further tainted you, I also removed the linger effects of her venom from you and repaired the damage done."

Master of Shadows
Site Admin

Sam blinked when he disappeared, then let out a sound of surprise at his sudden closeness, pressing back against the couch as much as he could.

His answer didn't surprise him, although he hadn't been sure if the angel would actually admit such a thing. Sam forced himelf to meet their gaze head on, keeping it when they moved away.

"I don't owe you for that," he said firmly, going over his limited options. His first initial reaction would be to fight but he knew nothing about them except what the angel told him. He'd never even heard of such a thing existing as far as the coin went. If there was a chance this could work or he could escape from them if it didn't..Sam didn't have much of a choice.

Master of Shadows
Site Admin

"Ungrateful." He commented, offhandedly before turning and walking towards the window, passing through the coffee table like a ghost. "Fighting would be pointless. I can keep you trapped here with ease and without a second thought. Simply put, your mind is an open book to me. I know your thoughts the instant you think them. I know your entire past, your personality, and make very accurate guesses on what action you'll take."

Slowly, the room began falling apart, slowly rearranging itself into a wooded meadow. "Many of our goals coincide, however. You saved your brother from eternal damnation, but the she-devil that held his contract, Lilith, is still free. You worry everyday that she's going to drag your brother to hell, which is why you agreed to Ruby's blood." He turned to face Sam.

"I may be fallen, but that doesn't negate my desire to wipe every demon off the face of the earth. If anything, it allows me more...Liberties."

Master of Shadows
Site Admin

He ignored his comment, instead watched him walk away, listening quietly. He swallowed thickly at what he said and looked away. Being locked away or asleep while they had control of his body possibly for eternity was not an option.

Sam's eyes widened when their surroundings changed, sitting up quickly, so he wouldn't fall into the grass when the couch disappeared. He rubbed his face as the angel kept talking. He knew exactly what to say, of course. Any mention of Dean was going right to the heart of the matter.

Sam sighed and eyed him. "I just want three things," he said quietly.

Master of Shadows
Site Admin

"And what would those be?" He suspected that it had to do with being locked away and Dean.

Their surroundings continued to shift and change, going from the wooded meadow to a mountainous cliff. Quite suddenly, there was no longer a man in front of Sam, but the dragon. Lazily, his front feet were crossed, giving him the appearance of a lazy cat...But he still managed the appearance of a cat that was toying with the frightened mouse.

Master of Shadows
Site Admin

Post by Master of Shadows » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:26 pm

"You don't hurt my family," he insisted. "They're off limits. Even if they're possessed or doing ssomething wrong. You find some way to do whatever you have to, without hurting them." That was the most important thing honestly. He didn't want them to get hurt for his decisions.

Sam backed away when the dragon suddenly appeared, eyes widening as he took it in. "Woah," he shied away from the mountain's edge and kept as much distance as he could instinctively. It was absolutely massive, with sharp horns, and red glowing eyes. It would give anyone nightmares.

"And.." He forced himself to keep going. "You don't lock me away, put me to sleep. Any of that." Even if he didn't like what the angel was doing, he would rather know if his body was being used for something horrible, and not be ignorant to it.

Sam chewed his lip. "And you don't lie me. Even if I don't like what you say or don't agree. No lies between us." Especially not when he couldn't lie himself.

Master of Shadows
Site Admin

Pupilless eyes tracked Sam as he moved and listed his terms. Quite honestly, Eury was amused. The man seriously believed that he had a choice in all this? He had been very truthful when he had called it a nicety. Finally, he laughed, the sound starting out low, much like the roll of thunder.

"Child, you amuse me." Lazily, he swished is tail. "I wasn't joking when I said that it was a nicety. Still, you have a certain stubbornness about you." Saying nothing further, he simply blinked, bringing them both back to the motel room where only seconds had passed after him sitting down.

Master of Shadows
Site Admin

No, Sam knew he didn't have a choice. If the angel disagreed and then lied or hurt someone and took over his body he wouldn't have a choice. But then Sam would fight with everything in him against him. It didn't matter if he died trying or got locked away. He would wait and would fight until he had nothing left in him to do so.

Sam looked around when things changed aagain and he heard traffic outside, the stillness that had been gone before that he hadn't really noticed suddenly came back to life. He was in his body again, awake. He didn't hesitate to move as far as he could, hand sitting over the gun on the nightstand just to feel safer. Even if it wouldn't help against something in his mind.

"I just want to know how far that nicety extends," he said with a sigh. "You said you rather have a partnership. Those are my terms for one. And if you don't agree.." He shrugged. Nothing he could do.

Master of Shadows
Site Admin

There was a flicker before Eury suddenly appeared next to the bed, human once more. "It really depends on my mood. Luckily for you, I have a long fuse except when demons are involved." The only hint of what he had done to the demon a few minutes earlier was the faint, still lingering smell of something burned.

Moving to the window, he peeked out. "That said, with the demon gone, you have a shiny new car."

Master of Shadows
Site Admin

Sam blinked, not having been sure if he would be able to see them now that he was back in his own body. He sat down on the bed when the angel got up, and snorted.

"Just what I always wanted," he mumbled sarcastically. Sighing, he moved over to grab his groceries and take it out of the bags, putting them in the small kitchenette he had. "I'm assuming that's your roundabout way of saying you don't agree to do anything but what you want."