Liar. Liar. [18+] It takes one to know one. [mxm]

From Firefly to Silent Hill and Hogwarts to Middle Earth, roleplays involving television, videogames, films, books, anime and comics go here.
Forum rules
All roleplay posts must be at least twelve sentences long (about two paragraphs) and have a rating in the title.

Suggested Ratings:

G: Open to everyone
PG-13: 13 years old and up
R: 15 years old and up
NC-17/18+: Restricted to Adults ONLY

Viewer discretion is advised
Board Rules apply in all forums.
Master of Shadows
Site Admin

Liar. Liar. [18+] It takes one to know one. [mxm]

Post by Master of Shadows » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:24 pm

He'd died a few times before. It wasn't anything new but it was never fun. Even when he chose it out of his own violation. Hell, that was worse. It was always worse then.

But he could do it. Would do it. If it meant saving the world again, if it meant not having to live in a world that Dean wasn't in. If it'd quiet Lucifer in his head. For a lot of reasons. He wasn't suicidal perse but..well he had a lot of reasons.

Which is why he doesn't know what he's still doing here. Maybe it was that small shred of hope in him that never went out? Sometimes he thought it did but it came roaring back. Each and every time.

And of course it'd be a dog that would give him something to live for. Something to keep him grounded. Lucifer was long gone, even if the memories of Hell weren't, all thanks to Castiel. Not that he let himself think about him. He was gone, just like Dean. Everyone was gone. Dead. He'd tried to find out where they were, at least find peace in knowing they were in heaven, but the stain that the leviathans left on the world was a big one. With Bobby gone, there was barely anyone he trusted that he could turn to.

He was just glad that he was able to defferentiate between the real world and the world inside his head. He'd been ready to die, a split second decision wasn't his style, and he'd been ready to fly over that bridge with Baby. It only seemed right. She couldn't be left to anyone else..not after Dean...

But anyway, that didn't quite happen like he thought. He doesn't have any clue why the damn dog ran into the street just as he hit 60 miles per hour but he wasn't going to try and fight Fate (again, literally, the three sisters were hard to kill).

And he sure as hell doesn't know why he didn't just leave the damn dog in the hospital and leave. But he always did have a soft spot for dogs, so he supposed it wasn't surprising. Dean was gonna kill him for letting a dog in the car but-

Nevermind.

It was his car now, wasn't it? Again.

And his first rule was- Dogs are allowed in the car.

Or one dog. Jasper was nice. Didn't do much with a leg in a cast and doped on medication for his busted ribs but he was quiet and smart. He seemed to know exactly what he was saying (he already checked if he was a skinwalker, so no worries there) and wasn't too bad at following orders.

He hadn't named it at first. Just called it 'dog'. It responded well but after a month it got kinda ridiculous. He didn't want it to think that was his name, you know? So Jasper it is.

Speaking of. Jasper lifted his head as he stopped in the drive thru for McDonalds and let out a small whine, his gold eyes looking pleadingly up at him. Sam sighed and rolled his own. "Yeah, okay, I'll get you chicken nuggets." Huffing, he turned to put in an order for the two of them.

War is coming swiftly... ..You don't know my power... I will resist and bite.

Master of Shadows
Site Admin

Re: Liar. Liar. [18+] It takes one to know one. [mxm]

Post by Master of Shadows » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:25 pm

Death and him weren’t strangers. Hell, before shit started going downhill, they’d play poker every other Thursday night and pig out on cheap nachos. Unfortunately, with him being ‘immortal’, dying was an annoyingly drawn out process. It started out with his abilities fizzling away, one by one, till he could barely have his shadows fetch something off the coffee table. Now, his vessel was starting to wear out. Everything ached in the morning, he was tired, and he wasn’t hungry as much.

No doubt he still had a few years of this to go, and wasn’t that just a bitch? It was no doubt going to get worse before his inevitable demise, and he absolutely, positively, didn’t look forward to it.

As it was, he was slowly getting his affairs in order as he found the energy to take care of things. The bad thing was that he had a lot of stuff. Money, books, artifacts. It was a pain. Of course, he was still searching for ways to keep himself alive, to squeeze out a few more years of life. Because face it, nothing truly ever wanted to die.

Sighing, he sat up in his chair, having felt himself starting to doze off. It was barely noon and he was already tired. Saving what he was working on, he pushed himself out of his chair with a wince, before shuffling out of the office. The feeling of a vessel breaking down was one he had experienced many times over the eons, but this was the first time that he wouldn't have the energy to make a new one.

Hell, he didn't even know if he'd have the energy to move to a new one, if the need arose. Upon reaching he kitchen, he frowned at the nearly empty coffee canister. He'd have to order more.

Once his coffee was made, he stepped out onto the balcony and took a seat. It was a nice view, all things considered.

Master of Shadows
Site Admin

He finished off a salad and plain cheeseburger in the parking lot, watching Jasper work through his twenty chicken nuggets. He kept his left front paw close to himself, leaning against the back of the seat, and ate everything with gusto. Despite the medication and the obvious pain he was sometimes in, his appetite never seemed to end.

Once he was done and they both drank water, Sam pulled out of the parking lot and heading upstate. It was getting warm and he didn't want to be anywhere near temperatures over 80. Hopefully Maine would be a good respite for a while, where Jasper could heal. They'd stopped at a few motels here and there but truth be told he didn't much care to stop driving. If he stopped, he'd think, and he didn't want to do that.

He drove for a good hour before it happened. One moment he was looking out the windshield, one hand tangled in Jasper's furry neck and petting the animal as he drove. And then the next he was standing against a railing, looking out at an expansive view of New York.

He blinked, as if he could get rid of the image, but it felt like he was stuck. The honking of a horn jolted him back to reality and he snapped out of it, turning out of the way of a vehicle and pulling over on the side of the road. His chest heaved and he stared wide eyed around him. What the hell was that?

Master of Shadows
Site Admin

He sat there, enjoying both the view and his coffee. Essentially, the simple things of life. Something that he had rarely done, having always been busy. It was either focusing on saving the world, or chasing after some piece of ass. He didn't regret his life, not in the least bit, but in a way, he did regret not stopping to smell the roses more often, as it were.

Finishing off his coffee, he set it on the table and got up to move to the railing. Perhaps if he felt well enough this evening, he'd go for a walk. Suddenly, he found himself sitting in a car. The interior looked old, possibly a classic. He felt fur from some animal under his right hand.

When he blinked, it was gone. "The fuck?" Looking down at his hand, he lightly rubbed his fingers together; the sensation of the animal's warmth quickly fading. Clearly, he hadn't been there, but it felt as real as the railing under his left hand.

"...Weird."

Master of Shadows
Site Admin

It took him a second to get his bearings back, making sure it wouldn't happen again, and turned back to the road. Jasper nosed at him, to get him to resume the petting, and he did so, frowning to himself.

For a second it felt like he was there, bit it didn't feel like any hallucination he'd had before (they sure as hell were never that pleasant) so he chalked it up to being tired. He'd been driving for five days straight and sleeping only a few hours in the car. It was bound to take his toll. Rubbing his face, he got of on the next exit and found a motel. Might as well get a bit of rest. Maine could wait.

Master of Shadows
Site Admin

Running a hand through his hair, he grabbed his empty cup and headed inside. He didn't think that his current state would prompt hallucinations, but that didn't feel like a hallucination. It felt like he'd been right there. He'd felt the warmth of the steering wheel, the sun on his arm, the annoying pressure of a cell phone against his leg in his pocket.

Dumping the cup in the sink, he moved over to the couch and sat down, still mulling over things. Despite his age, there were still things that he didn't know. However, because of his current state, he was going to shrug it off for now. If it was important, it was bound to pop up again. If not, well, he had a few movies to watch.

Master of Shadows
Site Admin

Resting made him feel better. He snuck Jasper in after getting a key and they both slept for a few hours. He woke up to the sound of tv , which he hadn't had on, and he through a glance at the wall that separated the next room over as it was suddenly shut off.

Huffing, he stretched, and got up, chucking his pants to take a shower. Rubbing a hand through his hair, he turned on the water, and waited for the temperature to warm before getting in.

Master of Shadows
Site Admin

While he was usually tired, that didn't always extend to his mental state. His body was 'old', but his mind was as sharp as ever. So, he had to occupy his attention, which usually meant video games or movies. Tonight, it was the latter.

After getting through a few movies, he finally simply turned off his tv. Getting up, he briefly used the bathroom before changing for bed. With a groan, he laid down. At the very least, the bed was comfortable. He was hoping that he'd wake up at a reasonable time in the morning, but wasn't going to count on it.

Master of Shadows
Site Admin

He scrubbed his hair clean and then spent a few minutes washing up before standing under the water. He rarely had the luxury of such hot water so he brushed his hair back and leaned against the wall, letting it wash over him.

Usually he did a lot of thinking in the shower, but he focused on the present, tried not to focus his mind on anything but his plans to buy oil for the car and to leave in the morning tomorrow.

Once the water started getting cold, he shut it off and got out to dry up. He combed his hair by the sink and frowned at his face. Rubbing the hairs on his chin, he sighed and went to grab his kit to shave off the week of stubble he'd grown.

Master of Shadows
Site Admin

Post by Master of Shadows » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:26 pm

He laid in bed, waiting for sleep to tug at him, but this never came. Sighing, he stared up at the ceiling that was void of the usual shadows that would dance across it; his shadows were all but silent to him now.

Reaching down, he lightly groped at the front of his PJs, wondering if he'd be able to elicit some sort of response. Usually, the answer was no, and tonight wasn't much different. Sighing, he closed his eyes for a moment.

When he opened them, he wasn't in his own bed, instead, he was standing in a bathroom, looking down at a sink. This certainly wasn't his bathroom, it was far too cheap. Judging from 'his' hands, this was someone else. Honestly, he wasn't sure if the other person was aware or not.

Master of Shadows
Site Admin

Sam was mostly certainly aware. He'd finished slathering cream over his face and washed off his hand, ready to start, when suddenly he was staring at the ceiling. He thought he was dreaming for a second before he realized he could move. He looked around, eyebrow furrowing at the room. It wasn't the motel was staying in. Hell, it wasnt even the best house he'd ever squatted in before, either. More like something his college friends lived in.

He looked down at himself and realized he was half naked and sat up quickly. This..this wasn't his body. He didn't look like this. He didn't feel like this. "What the-"

"-fuck?" And he was standing back at the motel sink, staring into the mirror, his face smothered in shaving cream. He leaned forward, gripping the sink in a tight hand and took a deep breath in.

"It's okay, Sam. Everything will be okay." He really didn't believe that.

Master of Shadows
Site Admin

Blinking a few times, he looked up at the mirror and was greeted by a face that was definitely not his own. He raised his hand to touch 'his' face, but just as quickly as it had happened, he snapped back into his body, although this time he was sitting up while previously, he'd been laying down. That suggested to him that the other person was aware, somehow.

"What the hell." There was clearly something going on, but he didn't know what. Eury wasn't quite sure he knew what to think about this. However, now, he was a bit too hyped up to sleep. There was something going on and he wanted to know what the hell it was.

Master of Shadows
Site Admin

Sam was trying really hard not to freak out. He didn't understand what was going on. He washed his face of cream, leaving the shaving for some other time, and sat down next to Jasper on the bed.

He wasn't hallucinating, he told himself. He wasn't having visions. Not after all this time. And he felt fine, all the lingering aches and tiredness from just a second ago, were completely gone. So what the fuck had just happened? It was like..

Fuck. He knew what it was. It was exactly like the time he and that stupid kid had swapped bodies. Except not nearly as unpleasant and it didn't seem to be permanent. Was it some sort of spell? He hadn't touched any sort of artifact, hadn't hunted in over three months, so he couldn't find an explanation for it.

"Fuck." He was on thin ice. He couldn't deal with this. His stomach twisted and churned and he rubbed his face. He tried to think of all the ways something like this could happen but nothing plausible came up. Great. Looks like Maine had to wait a little while longer than he thought.

Master of Shadows
Site Admin

Frowning, he looked around his room, as if it would have all the answers he needed. Unsurprisingly, it didn't. He wasn't have hallucinations, that much was clear, and the other person seemed to be aware of it. When it hit him, he groaned and flopped backwards.

It was some sort of body swap. Of course, it seemed to be very temporary, but he couldn't think of anything that he'd done recently to cause it. He didn't handle any cursed items, he hadn't hunted in well over a year except to eat, and he barely left his apartment.

Sighing, he rubbed his face. Well, wasn't this just peachy? It wasn't as if he had enough bullshit to deal with.

Master of Shadows
Site Admin

Sighing, Sam just shook his head and moved to lay down, wrapping an arm around Jasper, who licked his face. "Fuck this. I'm sleeping. Whatever the world has in store for me can fuck off till tomorrow morning. I don't care," he said vehemently.

Not that that ever worked but it was worth a try. He closed his ryes, and willed himself to sleep.

Suffice to say, it didn't work. He lay there for an hour before he finally grew impatient and gave up. Getting up, he slipped on some jeans and nudged Jasper. "Come on, boy. Gotta do some research. Library time."

Master of Shadows
Site Admin

Surprisingly, he managed to fall asleep, but unsurprisingly, he didn't wake up until around noon. At least this particular morning, he woke up relatively unstiff. Getting up, he grabbed some fresh clothes and hopping into the shower. While he was in it, he felt decent enough to have a morning wank.

Once he was dressed, he fixed a cup of coffee and breakfast before going to the office to order groceries. Most everything he was able to order online, and he took advantage of that. Once the food arrived and had been put up, he had a mostly productive day.

Given that he still felt good, he pulled on some actual clothes and sneakers before heading to the park.

Master of Shadows
Site Admin

Post by Master of Shadows » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:27 pm

He spent a good two hours until the library closed looking things up online. Not that it mattered. He found absolutely nothing. Or well, not nothing. Just not anything that could help him. There was just no way of knowing what triggered this and he even tried to trace his steps back for the last few days. Nothing odd came up at all. It was all just sudden.

He managed to get some sleep but he was up, anxious, the NExt morning. Was the other person aware of what was going on? Were they the ones controlling things? Perhaps a new warlock or something?

He grabbed lunch (and the oil for the car) and drove out of town that afternoon. There wasn't anything in the library that could help him but the library in the next town over was bound to be much bigger. It only took an hour to get there and he parked outside. Nudging Jasper, the way into the library. He'd been playing it up as if Jasper is his therapy dog.

To be honest, it wasn't very far from the truth.

Master of Shadows
Site Admin

By the time he reached the park and found a bench to sit on, he was honestly winded and mildly regretting his decision. No doubt he'd be feeling like shit tomorrow. Sighing, he rubbed his face and when he opened his eyes again, he was in what seemed to be a library.

At his feet was a dog, and in front of him was a stack of books to the right. "What." Frowning, he eyed the book. Latin, but -- and then he was back in his body again. "This is getting old."

Master of Shadows
Site Admin

He'd found a lot of books, mostly vaguely having to do with freaky Friday situations, but he had to start somewhere. A few books on magic found their way into the stack, as well as curses and the like.

He searched around the internet with a frown and suddenly seemed to go vertigo. He blinked and was sitting outside. He automatically looked down for Jasper then around when he realized what had happened again. But just as quick as he was there, he was back in his body.

Jasper lifted his head up and made a noise, confused as his sudden tenseness, and he sighed. "M'okay, buddy." He shook his head and turned back to the pile of books and to the one he had open. Better get crackin'. He wanted this over with and fast.

Master of Shadows
Site Admin

Rubbing his face, he sighed. All his good books were up in Canada, and he didn't have the energy to teleport himself up there. Huffing, he got up and headed back home, briefly stopping at a restaurant to get himself some dinner. Once home, he unpacked his dinner and opened a bottle of wine.

He supposed that most would still be in denial over things and trying to go super healthy in his diet. Eury didn't. It wouldn't do anything, and so he figured that he might as well enjoy the rest of his life, however long that might be.

Master of Shadows
Site Admin

He stayed in the library till closing time. Jasper actually nudged him and rubbed himself against his leg, not at all subtle or shy about telling him he wanted food and attention. He put all the books away and bought a library card so he could check out the only two that had anything that seemed that could help, and headed out to get dinner.

Back at the motel, he continued to read over the books and finished his food. Jasper huffed at him to help him get on the bed, clearly bothered by his leg. In the end, the books didn't have much of anything. The most he found was a spell to do the switch. And while that was a good thing, it was by no means temporary like what was happening with them.

Putting the books away, he laid down with a sigh and tugged the covers up.

Master of Shadows
Site Admin

After dinner, he settled down to watch tv, which included a bit of porn. Tonight, he was actually feeling decent enough to rub one off. A proper one, not the quick thing he'd done this morning.

When he was done and cleaned up, he turned off the tv and headed to bed. This time, he fell asleep fairly quickly. However, come morning, the sensation of a dog licking his face woke him up. Half asleep, he pushed at the air, "Magnus, no." Then, it abruptly vanished.

Half pushing himself up, he blinked at his empty room. With a soft sigh, he laid back down and rolled over, hoping to get back to sleep.

Master of Shadows
Site Admin

He frowned at the sudden spike of arousal that flared through him, making his cock thicken in his pajama pants. He'd been starting to doze when it happened and he turned over, frowning down at his lap. He cupped himself, knowing full well that this couldn't possibly be him, and his thought was proven true when it was gone a second later.

His cock took a few more minutes to get with the program but then it went down again and he flopped back over to sleep. He was definitely going to have to deal with this soon.

Letting out a sleepy noise, he nudged Jasper away when the canine woke him by licking his face. "Jasper, no."

Jasper huffed and moved away but scooted off the bed as carefully as he could to nudge st the door outside. Groaning, Sam sat up. "It's early." Jasper whined. "Eugh! Fine. But we go back to sleep after," he insisted, putting on his shoes.

Master of Shadows
Site Admin

He was just starting to doze off when the sound of a siren caused him to spasm and sit up. Groaning, he finally just got up and went to go piss before shuffling into the living room. Sighing, he turned on the news and laid down on the couch.

There wasn't much happening beyond a forecasted instance of rain later in the day. Rubbing the side of his face, he sighed. While the whole body swapping thing had been interesting, at first, he was starting to really, really get tired of it.

Master of Shadows
Site Admin

The grating sound of a fire truck siren went off in the corner of the streak and Sam cringed. Well so much for going back to sleep. He waited for Jasper to finish and then headed back inside.

Yawning, he helped him up on the bed, and gave him some water from the tap after giving him his medication. Jasper stretched out on the bed and Sam sat next to him.

He fished for his phone and scrolled through his contacts before landing on Dean. He rubbed the call key with his finger, hesitating for a long moment, before pressing it and putting the phone to his ear.

The call went straight to the automated system, the robotic female voice telling him the phone number was out of range. Sighing, he chucked his phone onto his duffel, and curled up on the bed.