[18+] I'm trying, but I'm graceless [mxm] don't have the sunny side to face this [/r]

From Firefly to Silent Hill and Hogwarts to Middle Earth, roleplays involving television, videogames, films, books, anime and comics go here.
Forum rules
All roleplay posts must be at least twelve sentences long (about two paragraphs) and have a rating in the title.

Suggested Ratings:

G: Open to everyone
PG-13: 13 years old and up
R: 15 years old and up
NC-17/18+: Restricted to Adults ONLY

Viewer discretion is advised
Board Rules apply in all forums.
LadyLizard

Re: [18+] I'm trying, but I'm graceless [mxm] don't have the sunny side to face this [/r]

Post by LadyLizard » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:55 am

"Hey, my hygiene is just fine," Dean protested. Leaving dishes laying around was his worst flaw as far as cleaning up went. Most of the time he had no problems, although there had admittedly been a few slumps here and there. Usually after a hard mission or a particularly bad argument with his dad or Bobby. It wasn't often that their fights went beyond a low-level bickering, especially with Bobby, but on occasion things went wrong.

Dean snorted. "You'd seriously stab your one and only brother? Jeez. Talk about an awkward family reunion. I mean, it would be a great story, being stabbed by your brother because you had to do your laundry, but seriously." Sam did have a point to his protests, but why the hell would he be doing it after midnight, let alone two in the morning? He shook his head, grinning despite himself, and dropped his bag on the floor by the arm of the couch.

It didn't take long for Dean to find a clean t-shirt and pair of sweatpants. He grabbed his pajamas and the Ziploc bag he kept his toiletries in and wandered into the bathroom to check it out. The water pressure was indeed good, and he spent a fair amount of time under the spray before getting out and drying off. Since he wasn't planning on eating anything else he brushed his teeth too. All in all, he didn't spend more than fifteen minutes or so in the bathroom before coming back out. He stuffed his old clothes in his bag and zipped it closed before going into the kitchen to find Sam.
When I was a child, I heard voices...
Some would sing and some would scream.
You soon find you have few choices...
I learned the voices died with me.

LadyLizard

Re: [18+] I'm trying, but I'm graceless [mxm] don't have the sunny side to face this [/r]

Post by LadyLizard » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:55 am

Sam kept his expression straight. "Yes." He smirked after a second though and moved away.

He was just about done with all the dishes when Dean came out of the shower. He turned his head to look at him briefly, rinsing a plate under the flow of the water.

Half naked, you could see just how much he'd changed in the last six years. He was a bit broader, taller by a few inches, but he'd also fit out more too. Where he used to be skinny and lanky, he was lanky but covered in a layer of muscle. He clearly worked out.

Also, he had quite a few tattoos and a small bar nipple piercing on his left peck. He'd worn a long sleeve shirt earlier, because meeting with a hunter meant he didn't want anyone to see anything personal on him, but now they were on display. On his wrist, probably almost invisible, was a small pentacle. It helped focus his magic when he casted but he could get away with it being cool looking.

At the back of his neck, under his hair line, was a pentagram symbol, most predominantly used to ward off demons and used for antiposession. Along the side of his left ribs were words scripted in Latin "alis aquilae". Under that was a large depicture of an eagle, wings spread, and flying upward. It's wings seemed to envelope his side.

On his back, just above his lower back, was a sharp tendril of vines. They seemed to grow into a half piece of his spine bones, made to look like they were digging into him. The vines grew around his right side, and up his chest. Ending in a flurry of dark blue flowers and petals in different shades, they seemed to explode over his collarbone and turn into barbs of wire digging into his skin at the bone.

On his left arm was a sleeve with a flurry of shapes, a small ankh and the eye of Horus, including protection symbols they both learned when they were kids, a few doodles of Alice in Wonderland like a hat and chess pieces. A small pile of Legos, an army man toy, and their father's dog tags with their mother's name on it. Amidst the chaos the biggest drawing was of red, orange, and black salamander nesting in a nest of fire and twigs. It lay on the inside of his forearm, as if sleeping and his face tucked against it's tail.

All of it that and his stomach was mostly bare. However, under his belly button, and where his pants hung low he had another tattoo. On his left hip, he had a crude drawing of turtle. It was on all fours, chibi looking, and with a purple bandana and a staff, and frankly it stood out completely from everything else.

LadyLizard

Post by LadyLizard » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:56 am

Well, if Sam did end up stabbing him, at least he would have a good story. Although Bobby would probably smack them both upside the head for being idiots. Dean would deserve it, he knew, and honestly anyone who stabbed him would too, brother or not. Although he seriously doubted that Sam would actually do that.

"Whoa," Dean blurted out when he saw his brother. "That's some serious ink." And yeah, maybe he was just a little bit jealous, and not just of the tattoos. Sam had changed in more ways than one since they'd last seen each other. He raised an eyebrow at the piercing but didn't say anything about it. It obviously wasn't going to come out just because he had an opinion about it.

He didn't bother to hide that he was looking. There was nothing weird in that, right? After all, last time he'd seen Sam he was younger, shorter, thinner, and not to mention one skin colour. His lips twitched at the sight of the Legos, toy, and dog tags, happy in a way that Sam had chosen something like that to be a permanent part of him. The turtle drawing made him snort, but not without a little grin. "What's with the ninja turtle?"

LadyLizard

Sam smiled a little bit at his brother's surprise and finished washing the last dish before turning around to let him see the rest of it. He was a little bit proud of it all, to be honest. Every single drawing had been well thought out and chosen before it even went to the artist for drawing. Well, all of them, except one.

Huffing because Dean chose to focus on that one, Sam rubbed at the skin over the tattoo, as if he could erase it if he tried hard enough. Drying his hands on the dish towel, he shrugged.

"It was my first one, when I started school. I was drunk and my friend Brady said I should get one. I remember I liked Donatello, I guess. I have no idea what the hell I was thinking." He rubbed the nape of his neck in embarrassment. People got tattoos for a lot of worse reasons, he told himself. "I'm just glad it doesn't look like shit."

LadyLizard

He noticed his brother's smile but couldn't help himself. The huff Sam gave made Dean raise an eyebrow, especially when Sam rubbed at the tattoo he'd mentioned. Oh yeah, this was going to be a good story. He was sure of it. Sam didn't tend to be shy over much, and usually it was because he had made some kind of bad decision. When they were kids, Sam would talk for hours at a time, driving them all crazy. It took a lot to get him to shut up, and John had banned all caffeine from the house for a solid month after one weekend of sugar highs. The ban hadn't lasted long but it was the thought that counted.

Dean laughed at his brother's explanation, practically cackling in glee. "I knew there was an idiot side to you!" he exclaimed triumphantly, a wide grin on his face. "Nice tat, little brother." Yeah, he was never letting him live this one down. Prime story material. "Hey, it could have turned out a lot worse."

LadyLizard

Post by LadyLizard » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:57 am

He huffed again at his brother's laugh and stuck his middle finger out at him at his comment. It could be worse though, he knew that, but it didn't mean he liked knowing he'd gotten drunk and got inked. It was embarrassing.

Moving over to him, he shoved his brother gently, and poked his ribs. "Yeah, yeah. Whatever. Do you need anything before I head to bed? I wanna get up early to start on that translation." He didn't have all the books he needed here and he would be busy with work later so he might as well make most of the day he could.

LadyLizard

The event may have been embarrassing for Sam, but Dean was getting a kick out of it. He snorted when Sam flipped him off and stuck out his tongue. Lots of people had trouble calling Dean an adult as far as maturity went, but he didn't mind. Better to be childish than have a stick up his ass since the teenage years like some people. He swatted Sam's hand away with a huff, shaking his head at the question. "Nah, I'm good, bro. Just don't be loud in the morning. I need all the beauty sleep I can get. You wouldn't believe how ruthless monster blood is on my complexion."

LadyLizard

"Yeah, you do," he agreed with a grin. "Those bags under your ears aren't very pretty. You almost look like you're 30. Oh wait- you're close enough. Nevermind." He moved away from his brother, not giving him time to respond as he headed to his room.

He texted and checked his email before going to bed on his laptop but eventually went to sleep. It was weird having someone in the house with him but Dean was familiar enough that he didn't feel the need to be uncomfortable. He woke up early when his alarm went off and used the bathroom. Grabbing a protein bar from the kitchen along with some fruit, he went straight back to his room quietly.

Not wanting to wake Dean, he did most of the research in his room. He had a desk off to the side which he used. He called a few people for book references and stacked up the ones he had for it. Eventually he got quite a bit of the first paper done but he'd have to wait for some book to come in the mail for the rest of it.

By 12, Sam pulled himself from his work, and stretched. Going out to the kitchen, he set about making a proper breakfast for both of them. Mostly just box pancakes and eggs but he made himself some oatmeal too.

LadyLizard

"Hey now," Dean protested half-heartedly. There wasn't much he could say since his brother was walking away already but that didn't stop him from yelling, "Rude, Sam!" Both knew the other was just teasing, and Dean snorted as he turned to the couch. He was so doing laundry at two in the morning for this, stabbing or not.

When Sam began moving around in the morning, Dean heard him but stayed half-asleep until his brother was gone. After that it didn't take him long to fall back asleep. Unless Sam wanted him up, there was no reason for him to be moving, especially at whatever godawful hour it was. He couldn't see a clock but he could tell it was still early without looking further than the window.

The next time Sam came out, though, Dean sat up on the couch, hair messed up from sleep. "Food?" he asked as Sam started putting things together. "Yes. Hey, do you have coffee, too? And not decaf, please god not decaf." Dean couldn't understand why anyone would drink that awful stuff. The purpose of coffee was to keep you awake as long as possible. Decaf betrayed that purpose.

LadyLizard

Sam looked up from the pancake he was setting up on a plate when Dean spoke. "Yeah, pancakes and eggs. Nothing fancy." He moved back to the pan to spill more batter onto it, letting it cook, and turning to the eggs on the other pan which were done. He scooped them all out and put them on each plate.

He snorted at his brother. "Of course I do," he said, nodding over to the coffee machine. It was still making noise, not yet finished making coffee. "It's not decaf. I'm not a heathen." Even he wouldn't stoop that low.

LadyLizard

"Well, whatever it is, I bet it beats roadside diners. Those places are just weird, man, especially for breakfast." Besides, pancakes sounded pretty awesome, even if they were probably whole grain or some other California hippie thing. He yawned, but brightened up at the sight of the coffee machine. "No decaf. Good." Yeah, he hadn't thought Sam would turn out to be that much of a jerk, but it was hard to tell with people sometimes. He'd forgiven his little brother for leaving, but having decaf coffee was probably the eighth deadly sin or something.

LadyLizard

Post by LadyLizard » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:58 am

"It's not all bad but it sure does get boring after eating the same things over and over," he said with a shrug. After the eggs were served, Sam finished up the last of pancakes, enough for the both of them, and put his oatmeal in a bowl. He set it all up on the counter, where there were stools to sit on, and grabbed some bananas to eat with his oatmeal.

Moving to sit up on the stool, he pulled his food close, letting Dean grab his own. They were actually just typical box buttermilk pancakes that you added water and eggs to since he wasn't very picky about it. "Do you have any sort of preferences as far as what we see when we go out? I've already done some translating on the pages but I'm waiting on a book to get here for it."

LadyLizard

"Way boring," Dean agreed. It was nice the first twenty times, sure, but eventually a guy couldn't take one more plate of powdered eggs, oily sausages, and floppy pancakes. And even Dean had given up on roadside bacon after a few years. He still got some whenever he ate somewhere reputable, though. Childhood favourites were hard to ditch, especially ones Dean loved as much as bacon. Ever since he was old enough to hunt with John, he'd pestered him for a coffee-and-bacon breakfast before hunts.

Dean didn't bother taking his time to get his food. He snorted at Sam's question, setting his plate down in front of the stool next to Sam's and sitting down. "You're the native and I'm the tourist. Never been here before. I wouldn't know what to ask about. Got any recommendations?"

LadyLizard

He cut and speared his stack of pancakes, grabbing the jar of honey he kept on the counter, and dribbled some on them. He liked honey better than syrup a lot of the time as a sweetener and Dean would just have to suck it up cause he didn't have any syrup right bow. He slid it over and let him choose whether or not to use it.

Eating a large forkful, Sam rolled his eyes. "I meant in general. But if you haven't changed much, then I guess I know what you'll like," he admitted. It wasn't like he didn't know Dean like the back of his hand. That is, depending on how much he'd changed.

LadyLizard

Dean considered whining about there not being syrup, but decided he didn't want to be too much of a pest, older brother or not, so he dribbled some honey across his pancakes before getting to work on cutting them up. Sam had evidently kept his cooking skills, which he appreciated.

He snorted. "Nope, haven't changed that much. What about you?" He didn't know if his brother still liked the same foods and movies and hobbies. A lot could change in a time shorter than six years. Just because they'd known each other almost as well as themselves didn't mean things had to stay the same. Sam had run off to college and hadn't contacted them for six years, for example. Dean had had a falling out with John. As a kid he hadn't expected either of those things to happen.

LadyLizard

He ate threw a good portion of his eggs and pancakes, before getting up and moving over to the coffee maker when the light turned green. He poured both of them some and passed Dean a mug. Sitting back down, he put some sugar in his, and took a long, slow sip.

He shrugged. "I dunno, I guess I have. I..eat a lot of salads now? More than before, I mean. I still like crunch bars, egg salad, oatmeal, and everything else, I guess." He knew he had changed, not just when it came to his magic, but he didn't know all the little details. "I dunno."

LadyLizard

When the coffee was finally ready, Dean grinned in relief and stretched out his hand to take the mug Sam passed him. He'd always taken the drink pitch-black and with plenty of sugar, and that certainly hadn't changed since he last saw Sam. John had been sure during Dean's childhood that he would end up on a sugar high just from his coffee.

Dean's face scrunched up into the kind of pout a disgusted little kid would wear. "Salads?" he repeated, voice matching his expression. "I've gotta save you from California. You're turning into a rabbit or something." While he had nothing against other people eating a few vegetables here and there, eating even more greenery than Sam had before leaving was just wrong.

LadyLizard

Sam rolled his eyes at his brother's dramatics. "Yeah, alright, Mr. Bacon Grease for Breakfast." He scoffed. "I'm not tryong to die from a heart attack before I turn 30, like some people.." He'd always thought Dean's choices were a bit excessive, even compared to their father's. He just loved the greasy junk food so much. Even John made sure to feed them vegetables when he was around. And considering Dean had had a normal life before their mother died, Sam was convinced he just flat out chose the bad stuff cause he didn't care.

"Plus, I work out, so I eat a ton. I can safely put in a ton of calories and be alright. You on the other hand.." He side eyed his brother and flickered his gaze pointedly to Dean's thighs and butt on the chair. If his gaze lingered, it was just for the joke. "I think it all just seems to stick."

LadyLizard

Post by LadyLizard » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:59 am

"You'll be proud to know that I take some meat with my grease these days," Dean shot back with a smirk. He wasn't trying to kill himself either, he just made poor choices. In a lot more than his diet, if he was going to be honest. Sure, John had tried to feed them the right way, and Mary had taken absolutely no shit from her child when she was still alive and wrangling him into eating healthy. But once he was old enough to make his own decisions and get away with it, he'd done so and hadn't bothered getting anyone else's opinion or approval. At least it tasted good.

"That's below the belt, Sam," Dean grumbled, pretending to be put out. "If anything, you could stand to get a little weight yourself. You're too skinny." While Sam was at a safe weight, Dean couldn't help wanting to feed him. John had often delegated the responsibility of dinner to his older son, even if Dean had always pushed the cooking part on Sam in turn.

LadyLizard

Honestly, it was a surprise that Sam didn't have the same eating habits, considering Dean had been responsible for feeding him quite a lot of the time. However, Dean had been a little more conscious about what he gave his little brother, than what he ate. Not by much, considering his standards, but there was a bit of difference. "Pork rinds don't count," he pointed out.

Frowning, Sam looked down at himself. "I don't think I'm too skinny," he said, pinching the layer of muscle and fat on his stomach that showed when he was sitting down. It wasn't too much of a lie, though. He'd always been naturally skinny and even putting on muscle took a lot of work. If he didn't work and keep up with protein, Sam lost mass quickly. Even if he did eat badly.

LadyLizard

"Pork rinds count," Dean disagreed. Even though his go-to foods were pies and cheeseburgers, he had a variety in his diet upon occasion. While pork rinds weren't a common distraction, he did have to admit that they were pretty good, especially compared to some of the other foods that he'd tried. Roadside diners were not known for the quality of their food, but sometimes even Dean found things ridiculous.

"You are skinny," Dean told him. Even though he'd always been trying to feed Sam during their childhood, the younger Winchester hadn't always taken his brother's advice. Not to mention the fact that Sam had been living on his own for years. Dean couldn't imagine him managing to feed himself properly, at least not by Dean's standards. Sure, his brother wasn't skin-and-bones underfed, but Dean couldn't help poking at his stomach. "Need to feed yourself."

LadyLizard

"No," he said firmly. "They really don't count." Considering the pork rinds were just fat and air. He really doubted Dean ate anything healthier than the lettuce and tomato on a sandwich sometimes.

He squirmed away from his touch, slapping his arm, and scowled at his brother. "M'not! I eat a ton." He nodded towards the plate of food he had just eaten. He'd eaten more than Dean had with the added oatmeal technically. "I even drink protein shakes to keep on the weight and muscle," he told him, drinking the rest of his coffee. "I'm just lanky."

LadyLizard

Dean grinned back at the scowl he was given, ignoring the way Sam squirmed away. He bet his brother would still be horribly ticklish if he tried but he could leave that for later. "You do not eat a ton. Even when we were kids you barely ate anything." That wasn't quite true, but Dean had never had any problems teasing his brother about things. It was his right as an older brother and he had abused it plenty of times in the past, much to Sam's irritation at multiple times. The news that Sam had been eating more surprised him a little but he chose to focus on the teasing instead.

"Lanky," Dean repeated, giving an exaggerated drawl to his voice. "What kind of word is 'lanky'?"

LadyLizard

"The food quality was just shit," he explained. And it was mostly true but he was also a bit of a picky eater. And also rebellious. He'd ignored food sometimes just for a million different reasons as a kid until he hit some growth spurts and was starving all the time. And then he never stopped eating, it seemed.

Sam rolled his eyes. "It means ungracefully being skinny and tall." He shrugged. "My proportions are weird." Which was true. He had a very thin waist and long gangly legs and arms.

LadyLizard

"Okay, yeah, but still." Dean shrugged and picked up his fork again so he could take another mouthful of pancakes. Sam had been more of a picky eater than Dean when they were growing up, which Dean had also teased him about while they were growing up. At times Sam had ignored eating, but he'd never gone too long without food. "Your proportions have nothing to do with it, dude. It's about your eating habits." Sam's body hadn't been built like the rest of his family but Dean had never minded.