[18+] I'm trying, but I'm graceless [mxm] don't have the sunny side to face this [/r]

From Firefly to Silent Hill and Hogwarts to Middle Earth, roleplays involving television, videogames, films, books, anime and comics go here.
Forum rules
All roleplay posts must be at least twelve sentences long (about two paragraphs) and have a rating in the title.

Suggested Ratings:

G: Open to everyone
PG-13: 13 years old and up
R: 15 years old and up
NC-17/18+: Restricted to Adults ONLY

Viewer discretion is advised
Board Rules apply in all forums.
LadyLizard

Re: [18+] I'm trying, but I'm graceless [mxm] don't have the sunny side to face this [/r]

Post by LadyLizard » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:53 am

Dean gave a ridiculous smile when Sam promised to stay around. He passed out just a few minutes after that, still wanting to snuggle close even though Sam wasn't in the bed with him. It was probably due to the drugs that he was sleeping at all, but he definitely didn't sleep lightly. Even if Sam did leave, he wouldn't have noticed.

Until he woke up, anyway, which wasn't until almost noon the next day. "Sammy?" he mumbled, not recognising where he was. And he didn't remember much after staggering toward Baby at the end of the hunt, so he had no idea he'd made it back home. Or where his brother was, which was the far more important thing.
When I was a child, I heard voices...
Some would sing and some would scream.
You soon find you have few choices...
I learned the voices died with me.

LadyLizard

Re: [18+] I'm trying, but I'm graceless [mxm] don't have the sunny side to face this [/r]

Sam managed to force himself to eat, the adrenaline he'd been running on dissipating into pure exhaustion. He ended up needing to make a trip home, just so he could take a cleansing bath. The residue of magic left over from pushing himself too hard was almost as bad as him having done a spell wrong.

His arms ached, and there were still red patches on his palms, where he'd been forcing it to come out some. He really wasn't made for healing spells. He was just glad Dean would be OK.

By the time Dean woke up, though, Sam was just grabbing something from the vendy machine, having come back early that morning. He also brought his car, since the Impala needed a thorough cleaning, and a spare change of clothes.

Coming back into the room, he was surprised to see Dean awake, and immediately rushed to his side.

"Dean? Hey, man. You alright? Pain wake you up?"

LadyLizard

Sam was gone just long enough that Dean was in the early beginning stages of trying to get out of the bed. It mainly consisted of him swearing under his breath while attempting to sit up despite the pain such movements caused. His face showed clear relief when he saw Sam, and he quit trying to move around.

"Hey," he managed to say, throat dry. "Are you okay? You're okay?" Never mind that he'd just about died last night, he needed to worry himself over his baby brother. Just like when they were kids, he totally avoided the question of whether he was in pain or not, which would probably be a good indication to Sam that he was.

Once his brother answered, he fell back against the bed a little, satisfied that Sam wasn't in immediate danger of dying. "How's Baby?" Further denial of pain, but there was no denying he was John Winchester's boy.

LadyLizard

Sam could have rolled his eyes out of his head. Of course Dean was already trying to go, and of course he was more worried about him, when Dean was the only one injured.

"You're ridiculous," he said, shoving him down, albeit gently. "I'm fine!"

He scoffed at his next question and slapped him upside the head. Hard.

"Seriously? You bleed out on my front door, almost die on my couch, and you just care about a car?! It's fine. Why the hell wouldn't it be? And I'm not even hurt, only you are." He glared, mostly worried, and fixed his pillows.

Moving the bed so it was propped up a bit, he slumped down on the chair next to him. He was still glaring but not nearly as darkly. "You're in ICU. You can't get up, and you can't eat until they say you can. TV remote is to your left. Need anything before I call the nurse?"

LadyLizard

ean smiled when Sam said he was fine. He was grumbling under his breath about getting pushed back down into bed, but squawked when he was slapped. "What the fuck," he protested. What had that been for? For once he was actually innocent of what he'd done. Mostly.

He had the good grace to actually look ashamed of himself when Sam detailed what had happened. "Is your house okay?" That was something he could actually feel guilty over, all things considered. "I don't... I don't remember that." Chances were that he would eventually, but not right now.

"Why the fuck am I in the ICU?" He glared at being told what he couldn't do, though. "Yeah right." Although he hadn't been able to sit up earlier. And by 'earlier' he meant 'five minutes ago'. "I need to get out, don't need a nurse."

LadyLizard

Post by LadyLizard » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:54 am

"You deserve it," he said firmly, not explaining why either. Dean had scared the fuck out of him. He deserved a little bit of pushing around for doing that to him. It wasn't like Dean wasn't a seasoned hunter. He knew to be careful!

"You're buying me a new couch, but otherwise it's fine." It wasn't like he put a hole in the ceilings. He wasn't surprised that Dean didn't remember, since he'd been mostly unconscious. "Well, I remember enough for the both of us."

When Dean protested, Sam glared right back. "If you move a muscle out of that bed, I will crazy glue you to it," he threatened. "Now shut up." He pressed the nurse button and wasn't surprised when one appeared almost immediately.

LadyLizard

Post by LadyLizard » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:54 am

"Do not," Dean grumbled. Why would he? He had been careful, it was just that he'd run into something that he had no idea what he was running into. And the thing had surprised him. "It's not like it's the first time I got hurt."

"What happened to your couch?" he asked, puzzled. Probably something related to him if Sam was insisting that he be the one to replace it.

"You would get kicked out of the hospital if you did that," Dean said. He did shut up, but he was also trying to wriggle his way out of bed, because of course he was. But when the nurse showed up, he decided to stop. No doubt it was obvious from the look she gave him.

"Back in bed, Mr Winchester, please," she said in a taking-no-shit tone. "You wouldn't make it halfway to the door." She pointed at his legs and he shifted them back toward the center of the bed with a pouty look. "Surprising to see you awake. How are you feeling?"

"Ready to go," Dean said, about to shift out of bed again.

"Don't you dare get out of that bed or I'll tie you down in it," she threatened him. Dean's face was shocked but he obeyed. "You're staying here for at least the rest of the week to make sure you don't die on us again. You flatlined during surgery."

padfoot;
Site Admin

Post by padfoot; » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:34 pm

"That doesn't make it any better," Sam grumbled under his breath, rolling his eyes at his brother's comment. Every damn time he got hurt was a possibility that he may die. And this time..Sam just wanted him to be ok, now.

He shook his head at his question. "Don't worry about it for now." He'd definitely make Dean get him a new one once he was well enough to make any decisions and walk on his own. He watched the nurse chastise him, at least sure that he'd be listening to her, if not him. At least Dean wasn't fighting things too badly, though no doubt that would change once he was sober, no matter his pain level. He was stupid like that. Not that Sam had any plans on letting him get away with it and clearly the nurses didn't either.

"She's being serious, Dean," he said, at his shocked look. He looked at the nurse then. "Can I do anything while you..take care of him?"

LadyLizard

Post by LadyLizard » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:30 pm

"S'just how our job works," Dean mumbled, pouting at him slightly. Sam, though he'd never been as invested in the hunter lifestyle, had known that. Right from the start. And by now, it was just a part of life, part of the job, no reminders required. Well, he hadn't thought reminders were required, but maybe Sam had been out of the business too long. You could never tell with his little brother, much as Dean loved him.

"I'm gonna worry about it," he insisted, but that was just to be stubborn. A couch, regardless of who it belonged to, was pretty far down on his list of priorities right now. Especially with Sam all moody and gloomy. He'd have to do something to fix that, preferably sooner rather than later. Not to mention fixing up his own hurts, which Sam would likely argue was more important. Brothers.

Once he managed to get these annoying people off his back, though, he was definitely going to get into trouble. The sooner he could go back home, the better, no matter what the nurse said. He was a hunter, he snuck out of places worse than this all the time. And Sam's place would be way more comfortable than here, even if he had to sleep on the floor. That was home, this was a weird place full of strangers.

He grumbled something that might have sounded like 'I don't care' at Sam's confirmation that the nurse was being serious. But he butted in before the nurse could answer, whining, "Sammy, no, stay here." While he never would have asked that while he was sober, he hated being alone in strange places, especially when there was absolutely no reason that his brother couldn't be at his side again.

"Actually, Mr Winchester," the nurse said, ignoring Dean, "there's going to be a few medical release forms we need you to sign. And if he's going to be released into your care, we'll have to arrange for follow-ups, medication, and other forms."

Dean scowled at her for a moment, then turned toward Sam a little, unashamedly using his puppy eyes. Please, Sammy, don't go, I don't want you to, I need you.

padfoot;
Site Admin

Post by padfoot; » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:20 pm

"Well it shouldn't," he mumbled to himself, scowling. It wasn't as if anything he could say would change Dean's mind. He hadn't chosen him when he went off to college and he didn't expect him to change things now. Hunting was in his blood.

Hell..sometimes he thought it was his in his own too.

His brother's protests and looks certainly had their affect but he was responsible enough to prioritize right then. "I'll be back quick," he assured him, before leaving. It took far longer than he cared to but by the time he came back, Dean had been washed up a bit and had new bandages.

Sam smiled at him as he came in.

LadyLizard

Post by LadyLizard » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:39 am

"Better us'n someone else," Dean pointed out. They were used to getting cut to pieces for the sake of saving people. If you threw in some newbie, god only knew what kind of trouble you'd get yourself into. Both of you, because an inexperienced person with a weapon could wreak all kinds of havoc. He'd seen it before and would probably see it again. After all, new hunters came into the field all the time, for some reason or another. Besides, if he could choose anyone in the world to be at his side, it would be Sam.

"Hey," he protested when Sam abandoned him to his fate, not appreciating that at all. Traitor. Of course, he got distracted with what the nurse was doing, since some of it hurt a little despite the painkillers. Somehow he didn't notice when the nurse tabbed up his pain meds a little bit, but it was probably needed since he was working himself up a little over Sam being gone. But by the time his brother got back, he was a bit mellower and not looking like he minded being left relatively alone as much as he had when his brother had left.

"Sammy," he greeted him, almost cheerfully. The nurse stepped out of the way, finished with her work, and Dean made grabby hands at his brother, clearly not wanting to be too far from him. While he'd be no help at all if something happened, his older-brother protectiveness still wanted Sam close by him, just in case. Nobody could say that he'd drop a chance to protect his brother, not that bodily throwing himself in harm's way would be very helpful.

padfoot;
Site Admin

Post by padfoot; » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:58 pm

He understood why Dean was acting this way, considering he himself probably would be similar (though his magic would be acting up..so maybe not). It didn't mean that he'd be indulging his every whim though. There was very little to say to his brother while he was like this so he settled for smiling at him and sitting back down. He let Dean have his forearm, hand curling around the railing of the hospital bed. God, but he hated seeing him like this.

"Hopefully you remember this," he said, with a bright smile. "So that it's way more embarrassing later when I give you shit for it." It would be regardless, as long as he caught some of it on camera, even. He planned on milking it for all it was worth after he'd given part of his life and magic to keep the jerk alive. "Watch some tv, Dean." He could see the clear exhaustion in his brother's face despite him trying to fight it.

LadyLizard

Post by LadyLizard » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:52 am

Dean settled down pretty much the instant that Sam let him touch, yawning and then frowning at the fact that he'd yawned. He wasn't tired at all, and he'd sound exactly like a whiny toddler that didn't want to go to bed if he'd said that. Instead he shifted in bed a little, relieved to have his brother back at his side in case something happened. And the tv had been pretty boring the last time he'd bothered to look.

"Why?" he asked, genuinely puzzled at Sam's big smile. And then he pouted at him. "That's not fair," he grumbled. But he had totally missed the camera, and had no idea there was any record of this. He'd definitely be embarrassed of himself later. Although he did look at the tv with interest for a minute, he quickly started spacing out.