[HP AU] Fool the whole world, just until I get better [jay/18+]

From Firefly to Silent Hill and Hogwarts to Middle Earth, roleplays involving television, videogames, films, books, anime and comics go here.
Forum rules
All roleplay posts must be at least twelve sentences long (about two paragraphs) and have a rating in the title.

Suggested Ratings:

G: Open to everyone
PG-13: 13 years old and up
R: 15 years old and up
NC-17/18+: Restricted to Adults ONLY

Viewer discretion is advised
Board Rules apply in all forums.
LadyLizard

Re: [HP AU] Fool the whole world, just until I get better [jay/18+]

Post by LadyLizard » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:06 am

Getting Harry out of classes would probably be impossible, but chances were they could get permission to take him out somewhere for lunch. After all, Sirius was his guardian. Remus would have to keep that in mind as a suggestion for later, when they were both awake. But for now...

"Sleep all right?" he asked. He hadn't been woken up himself, which had happened a few times after Azkaban. Remus had tried to not let him feel guilty about it all, but of course that hadn't worked out. But the other man seemed rested, which he was glad for.

A few minutes later, though, he suddenly had to pee really badly. Eugh. He made a complaining noise under his breath but sighed and gave in, starting his attempt to squirm out from under Sirius' arm.
When I was a child, I heard voices...
Some would sing and some would scream.
You soon find you have few choices...
I learned the voices died with me.

LadyLizard

Post by LadyLizard » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:06 am

"Best sleep I've ever had." No nightmares or anything which was a blessing. He knew it would happen eventually but he was fine and not going to complain when it didn't happen. Merlin knew he needed the sleep.

When Remus wiggled, trying to get away, Sirius initially kept ahold of him. "Nuuh. Warm." He eventually leaned away, though, with a long drawn out sigh. "Fine. Go on then."

LadyLizard

Post by LadyLizard » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:07 am

"Good," Remus murmured, scratching behind his ear for a second. It wasn't like either of them would complain about getting better sleep.

"I have to pee," he explained when Sirius held onto him. And he was not going to pee in the bed. When he was finally let go of, he grabbed the two letters and got up, intending to do two things at once and get them over with. Once he was done in the bathroom, he went to the table and managed to clear just enough space that he wasn't writing on top of a book.

He scribbled a quick note about handing over his classes for the remainder of the week which took care of his responsibilites. Then there were the matters of answering Dumbledore and the other letter that had come. After a moment, he decided to leave them both for after breakfast, and called a house elf to his quarters to deliver the one thing he had written.

"Thank you. And some breakfast in another hour, I think, if the kitchen isn't too busy." After the elf left, he went right back to bed, getting under the blankets and nudging a leg in between Sirius'. It was still warm in bed and he snuggled down immediately, more than happy with his opportunity to stay there for a bit.

"Food's coming later," he mentioned, but left it to Sirius to continue any conversation. He didn't particularly care either way.

LadyLizard

When Remus left, Sirius burrowed under the covers, and spread out a little more. When he heard Remus enter again, he poked his head out of the blankets, and snuggled closer. Sirius pressed his face into his chest, nuzzling the hairs there, and reached out to grab his hand.

"Mmmm." He wouldn't be hungry yet, until he actually woke up.

LadyLizard

When he saw what Sirius looked like, Remus couldn't help a little snicker. It was like walking into a room where a hamster had been burrowing or something. But he wasn't going to protest at all about the other man feeling cuddly, as it seemed he was. He could most definitely live with that. He'd never thought he'd see Sirius again at all, much less like this.

He let Sirius take his hand, twining his fingers with his, and rubbed his thumb across the back of his hand. Since he was the taller one, he was technically always the big spoon, but sometimes he managed to curl up enough that Sirius seemed bigger. Right now, though, he was fine with stretching out and giving his lover as much of a feeling of security as he could. They'd needed to burrow into each other plenty of times.

LadyLizard

Sirius just closed his eyes again once they got comfortable. The idea was to sleep in longer. After a few minutes though, his body fought that idea, not used to being able to lay around. He rubbed his feet together absently, a little anxious, and annoyed that he couldn't enjoy it for long.

"You're too thin," he mumbled into his chest, poking at one of his ribs, which months ago had been less prominent. He knew that the other man was basically always borderline thin but it didn't mean he liked it. Remus should be eating way more than the average person.

LadyLizard

Remus knew that type of squirming. Sirius was about to become a pest. Well, to be fair, he was currently in a grace period where he wouldn't get yelled at for any reason. Well, besides actually trying to murder someone. Otherwise he was just superbly grateful to have him here and would let him do whatever he wanted. But he certainly wasn't going to encourage him, and instead kept his eyes closed in a vain hope that the other man would behave.

"Am not," he mumbled in reply. He poked at Sirius back, since the other man was hardly overweight. Pots calling kettles black and all. "You're probably skinnier." Which was almost certainly a lie, to be honest. Remus was always more or less skeletal and the last few months hadn't helped with that any. Even by his own standards, he was thin, which said quite a lot. Doubtlessly Sirius would try to feed him more.

LadyLizard

Sirius shook his head at his protest. He was skinny too but there was a difference between going hungry for a few months and not eating very much all the time. He huffed and pinched his side gently, to show how skinny he was.

"Not nearly," he informed him. "I ate as Padfoot some. You, Sir, haven't. Despite being in a school full of food." He didn't ask why, because he was sure it was his fault for dying or whatever.

LadyLizard

Post by LadyLizard » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:08 am

Remus huffed a little when Sirius shook his head. Busted. He made a grumbling noise when he was pinched but didn't really protest. They both knew he was really, really skinny. Minerva had pulled him aside last month to ask if he was okay. And that had gone in a thoroughly embarrassing direction including a lot of chocolate and a mutual promise to never mention it again. He'd cried way more than he'd thought he would. Somehow it had all come back to Sirius being gone.

"Eating rats and out of garbage cans doesn't count," he said. "You're going to eat better now anyway." Remus wasn't going to let him get away with not eating at least three meals a day. And at heart Sirius really was a high maintenance primma donna so he wasn't expecting too much resistance. "It was mostly the last few full moons being bad," he added, hoping to make him feel a little less guilty. "Happens all the time, even when we were kids."

LadyLizard

"There was some fruits thrown in there, I'll have you know." Nofthat that made it much better. He couldn't say what the veil had done to his body either. Weight was the least of his worries. "You too, if I have anything to say about it."

He narrowed his eyes at that but didnt call him out on it. That was probably partly true..not that it helped him be any less guilty. Had he been there he could have made it easier. The older he got the harder it'd be but having company made it easier to bare. "Snape still making wolfsbane for you?" He was highly suspicious there.

LadyLizard

"Oh, that makes it all right, then." Sirius had better know he was being sarcastic there. He made a whining noise at the other man insisting that he eat more as well but couldn't quite keep back the smile he also got at his words. Knowing someone wanted to take care of him was nice. Really nice. And one of the things that made Sirius so great.

"You probably would have heard about me eating him by now if he didn't." Okay, that was a lie. Remus never hunted as a wolf. But the sentiment behind it was genuine. Snape and he had never particularly gotten along and he had absolutely no idea why the other professor continued to help him out. Probably because Dumbledore made him. "You're not allowed to bite him either. Doesn't matter how annoying he gets."

After a second, he added, "You can hex him, though, as long as you don't get caught."

LadyLizard

Sirius snorted, because he was more likely to eat Snivellus than Remus was. However, he had refrained from doing it, because he planned on killing him the minute he truly stepped out of line. Which Sirius knew would happen one day. Snape was too slimy for anything else.

He opened his mouth to say as much and snapped it closed when Remus beat him to it. "Aw come on. He'd deserve it."

His correction made Sirius grin and he leaned up to kiss him. "Good. And I never do." That wasn't true but still. They hadn't got caught doing the important things.

LadyLizard

Remus was well aware that Sirius was pretty much lying in wait for Snape to seriously mess up. And to be honest, he wasn't too different. He was just without any intention of maiming or murdering anyone. Though if anyone deserved it, it would certainly be Snape. And if anyone would do that to him, it would probably be him or Sirius. Neither of them ever trusted him, evidently, which was nice.

"He would deserve it but you'd get in trouble." Eaten bodies tended to attract attention. Plus Sirius already had a negative reputation among most people. For some reason clearing the name of the dead man hadn't been a huge priority. But he was sure he could get some kind of headway in that matter now that Sirius wasn't actually dead. Remus always had been a stickler for people being nice to his friends.

Sirius kissing him made his brain turn off for half a second but he heard what the other man said next. "You got caught all the time. Usually with me." But he was pretty sure they'd never gotten caught having sex anywhere. Which was good for everyone involved, especially since he was a teacher now. He was sure that story would have come about somehow. Remus scooched down half an inch so he could kiss him again, really appreciating the chance to be able to do so again.

LadyLizard

Post by LadyLizard » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:09 am

Sirius wasn't entirely sure he'd care at this point. What would happen to him that didn't already? He wouldn't of course without reason but only because it would mean potentially not seeing Remus or Harry again. Which was not what he wanted.

"Not much more trouble I can get into." And getting caught was half the fun sometimes. It wasn't as if the Marauders hadn't wanted to make a name for themselves.

When Remus scooted down, Sirius focused back on his face, and let out a soft sigh at the kiss. This was nice, even if he was sure that he desperately needed to brush his teeth. Sirius reached up to tangle his hand in his hair and nipped his lip before pulling back for air.

He smiled a little bit, resting his forehead on his. "Definitely a good morning."

LadyLizard

"Oh, please. We both know that you would find some way to get yourself into even more trouble. It's your most prominent ability." Remus honestly couldn't count the number of times that the other man had managed to make a situation worse. There were just too many to keep track of by now. And it was as impressive as it was annoying at times. Being able to see him again wasn't a problem, though. Remus would ditch the school and the entire wizarding world to stay with Sirius.

Remus growled at him softly when he was nipped, finding it attractive as ever. Even if they both did need to brush their teeth and have breakfast and such. He tugged at Sirius' hair a little, sliding his hand up to scratch at the base of his neck. When their foreheads met, he let out a breath and smiled back, truly relaxed for the first time in a long time. "Definitely," he agreed. "I love you."

That was what it all came down to in the end. A werewolf's love and loyalty. Not much in the grand scale of things, but it had seemed to be more or less sufficient for Sirius so far. Remus had always been the kind to take what he could get, to scavenge from the heart of things if he had to. But Sirius had always given to him freely, something that still felt strange every so often. His family consisted of his parents and the Marauders, and Sirius was really the only one left of them. That was probably ironic or something but he didn't care much about that now.

LadyLizard

"That's why I have you to bail me out." Realistically it didn't always happen but if Remus had a choice, then Sirius trusted him to help, now that 12 years of thinking he was a murderer were over.

Sirius let out a satisfied sound and stroked Remus' collarbone and tangled his fingers in the hairs on his chest. "Love you too," he murmured, never shy about saying so. For all his talk, he was willing and open to be sentimental. His bad boy attitude was mostly just for fun.

LadyLizard

"You know you're supposed to keep me around for other reasons," Remus mentioned. Yeah right. His primary purpose was to bail his friend out of trouble, it had always been like that. Until they'd gotten together together, at least, and then things had changed a bit. But still. He'd spent as much time keeping Sirius out of trouble as he had on his homework, or so it had seemed at the time.

He was honestly unprepared for the amount of affection he felt at hearing Sirius say he loved him. But evidently his emotions were still all over the place, or so he told himself. When it came to the other man it had always been like that, he'd just denied it most of the time. Although the last twenty-four hours had definitely included more drama and emotional upheaval than the last six months together.

"I hope you know you're definitely never getting rid of me now." Remus could be very clingy at times. Especially if he wasn't feeling well. "You're too cute for me to let you escape again."

LadyLizard

Sirius arranged his facial expression so he looked confused, eyebrows pinched together in thought, and shook his head after a second. "Can't think of any other reasons, to be honest." He could think of a million, actually. And they hadn't actually bailed each other out of trouble as often as they did in school anymore, of course, but yeah primarily, Remus still could do it.

He smiled at Moony's response, leaning over to kiss his chin, and nuzzle his throat. "Good. Merlin knows I'm a mess without you around." He knew just as much how hard things were without Remus around. He was happy to know that he was here along with Harry. He really had no other reason for being alive anymore other than them.

LadyLizard

"How rude," Remus promptly replied, smiling. If he'd been seriously asking, he had no doubt that Sirius would be practically writing poetry by now. But it was nice that they were getting along so far. Doubtlessly one or the other of them would get temperamental soon, but this was going to be nice while it lasted.

When Sirius nuzzled his throat, he stretched a little, baring it to his attention. If they'd not been human, the wolf probably would have snapped hard at him, but Remus was far mellower. And of course getting this much attention was a bit overwhelmingly nice. It'd been so long...

"Infamously pristine Sirius Black, being a mess? Shocking." It was more frequent than people would think, honestly, but also very secret.

LadyLizard

Post by LadyLizard » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:10 am

It was interesting, seeing the differences between Remus as a human, and as a wolf. It was all him, of course, but the wolf was instinct where the human had reason. It would hesitate to give up the upper hand, to bear it's throat so easily, even to someone as close to him as Sirius. It was far more tempted to lock his jaw in Sirius' throat, gently, and wait for submission.

That said, Sirius knew there was plenty of the wolf in the human too.

"I try," he replied, giving him a smirk. After a moment, he stretched, cracking his back and his toes, with a groan. Once he was done, he sat up so he was propped up on an elbow. "Reckon Harry'll show up at your door? He's got the map. Yeah?" Their meeting yesterday was not nearly enough. He wouldn't doubt it if he did show. "What day is it, anyway?"

LadyLizard

Human Remus would trust Sirius with everything and anything, no matter what. Wolf Remus didn't exactly have trust issues, but he was definitely nowhere near as realistic with things. Neither Sirius nor Padfoot would ever hurt him, he knew that, but the wolf still held instinct to be aggressive and dominating. Sometimes he could be like that as a person, too, but it was rarer. Usually because something or someone was already being stupid and getting on his nerves. And that someone was usually Sirius, ironically.

When Sirius moved to be a little higher than him, Remus shifted so he was laying a bit more on his back to see him better but didn't really bother moving too far. "Yeah, he's got the map. And James' old invisibility cloak too. Dumbledore was the one that gave it to him, I think, but I'm not sure. But I do know he's gotten into all kinds of trouble while he had it," he added with a little smile. Sometimes James and Harry were so similar...

"I think it's, um." He knew this, really, now that he had to keep track of days to teach classes on. "Thursday, unless we really slept in." And he didn't think that they'd slept through a whole entire day. Much as he loved having downtime when Sirius was involved, the only time he came close to doing that was after a full moon. Giving Sirius an affectionate half-smile, he gave him a quick kiss and then snuggled down into the blanket nest a little. "I'll have to go back to teaching on Monday but I've got today and tomorrow off."

LadyLizard

"He wouldn't be Prongs son if he didn't," he said, knowingly. Harry had already proven he was willing to go above and beyond for things. Especially if it meant going against authority. Why else would he so easily decide to go to the Ministry to save Sirius?

However..they were going to need to talk about being a little more responsible soon. Sirius had given him the mirror for communicating for a reason. There was bravery, wanting to save family, and then there was just plain foolishness.

He nodded at his explanation. "Wonder if Dumbledore will give Harry a long weekend.." He made a face, doubting it, but hoping nonetheless. Watching Remus, Sirius smiled softly, before sitting up completely. He liked sleeping in before but now it just made him anxious. Curving an arm around the bundle Remus made of himself, he propped himself up against the headboard.

"You sleeping in?"

LadyLizard

Well, Sirius was right in saying that. "He's definitely Prongs' son. Good at flying, fucks around and gets into all kinds of trouble. But he's his own person too. There's all the Boy Who Lived drama but it doesn't get to his head. He's... kind of quiet." A little too much for Remus' tastes, but of course he knew that he was almost certainly being too overdramatic when it came to the kid. Even though he didn't know what Harry's life had been like before the school, he knew the likelihood that something had been wrong.

Remus would have laughed to hear Sirius even think about responsibility. But it was nice to know that he wouldn't have to work with some kind of 'good cop, bad cop' thing with him being the only responsible parental figure. So far he had done his best to try to look out for Harry, but he had also tried to not share his former relationship with the boy's actual godfather. Reopening wounds and all.

"Long weekend would be great. We could go somewhere, take a holiday or something. Give you two a chance to actually get to know each other. And he'll probably need to know eventually about the two of us." Both past and present, probably, but he'd leave that part up to Sirius. It wasn't entirely his responsibility but he trusted Sirius to know how much to share.

He made a pleased little noise when Sirius curled an arm around him and snuggled closer. "Only if you are," he answered quietly. "I still feel like I'm going to wake up and..." And everything would be gone.

LadyLizard

Post by LadyLizard » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:11 am

Harry did remind him quite a bit of James. Not just because he looked like him, either. He had a pension for troublemaking and going headlong into things without much thought. He was brave and loyal, very family oriented. However, he was all a lot like Lily too. He understood what Remus was saying, nonetheless.

"Yeah, I know what you mean. Getting him to talk is like pulling teeth. James and Lily could have talked your ear off." Sirius shook his head. "Maybe he got that from you." It was a cute thought, if not amusing.

His eyebrows furrowed in thought. "Mostly just want to make sure he's OK. Do you..do you know how he's been taking it?" His crying yesterday probably was a good indication but still.

Letting out a soft sound, Sirius petted Remus. "I'm not going anywhere. 'Cept maybe to use the loo."

LadyLizard

Post by LadyLizard » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:11 am

"Yeah, of course he gets it from me," he joked. Not at all, truth be told. Remus hadn't even seen Harry until recently, and he highly doubted that he'd rubbed off on the boy at all in that time. But the thought honestly was kind of nice. Just impractical. Like a lot of Sirius' ideas, truth be told. If he gave Harry anything, though, he hoped it would be something less harsh.

"Anyone finding out anything from Harry is a miracle," he pointed out. The boy hadn't been able to hide everything from him, though. "I know it was hard on him. Right now he's living with Lily's sister and her family, Muggles, but he hates it. Having you invite him to live with you was... Somewhere to live and family that loves him. I think it was what he wanted more than anything else in the world. When you fell through the veil he was screaming for you for the longest time. I almost couldn't drag him away by myself." Which said quite a lot considering what Sirius would know of his werewolf strength.

He arched into the touch when Sirius petted him. "You better still be housebroken,' he grumbled. "Or I'm getting dog pee pads and letting everyone know that they're for you." Sirius Black, infamous murderer, needed training pads.