[HP AU] Fool the whole world, just until I get better [jay/18+]

From Firefly to Silent Hill and Hogwarts to Middle Earth, roleplays involving television, videogames, films, books, anime and comics go here.
Forum rules
All roleplay posts must be at least twelve sentences long (about two paragraphs) and have a rating in the title.

Suggested Ratings:

G: Open to everyone
PG-13: 13 years old and up
R: 15 years old and up
NC-17/18+: Restricted to Adults ONLY

Viewer discretion is advised
Board Rules apply in all forums.
LadyLizard

Re: [HP AU] Fool the whole world, just until I get better [jay/18+]

Post by LadyLizard » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:01 am

Remus had always been skinny, even when they ate plenty as teenagers at Hogwarts. Sirius had plenty of issues with eating now after Azkaban, and his weight had dropped since he fell through the veil, back to his prison weight.

"K," he replied yawning into his hand. He kicked off his shoes and socks before following after him, taking the moment to look around his teacher's quarters now. It was pretty nice, despite the mismatched furniture, and Sirius was glad to see that the room was bigger than the last time Remus had been a professor.

When the clothes were offered, though, Sirius blinked. He looked at the clothes, then Remus, and back to the clothes a few times. He raised an eyebrow, a haughty look reminiscent of how he'd been before things went to hell so many years ago.

"...I think I rather walk in the Great Hall in the nude."
When I was a child, I heard voices...
Some would sing and some would scream.
You soon find you have few choices...
I learned the voices died with me.

LadyLizard

Sirius did in fact follow him, which didn't really surprise Remus. He acted like a dog whether he was physically one or not. And, okay, maybe both of them had had what miiight be described as separation anxiety in the past. Considering what had just happened, it was likely to get worse before it got better. He had never had any problem being in Sirius' pocket even before any of the times he'd been considered a mass murderer, psychotic, or dead, respectively.

He raised an eyebrow, feigning innocence, when Sirius looked between him and the offered clothes. "Hm?" The answer he got came very close to making him laugh but he managed to keep a straight face for all of two seconds. Then he grinned and leaned forward to peck him on the lips. "Make a dramatic re-entrance, I suppose. Don't worry, fancy pants, I can transfigure them into something wearable. And we can go to Diagon Alley or Hogsmeade or somewhere tomorrow to get you something 'proper'." His tone clearly indicated the quotation marks. Prima donna purebloods and their fashion.

LadyLizard

Sirius didn't trust the innocent look for one second. There were very few people who knew what a little shithead he truly was. And thankfully, Sirius was one of the few. He crossed his arms over his chest, refusing to even touch the clothes. He at least had some sense of style even if he lived in a cave for a long time.

The kiss did surprise him, just because it was so casual, but he just rocked back on his heels and grabbed Remus' t shirt hem so he couldn't go very far. "Don't think McGonagall would appreciate it," he informed him. He humfed at the reassurance and gave the clothes one last doubtful look. "Fine. Where's the loo?"

LadyLizard

Post by LadyLizard » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:02 am

Sirius' dramatic reaction was just getting better and better. Remus really did need to reconsider why he loved him but that would take way too long, to be honest. He smiled a little at Sirius' surprised look, but honestly, who could blame him for wanting to get in what he could? Against the off chance that this was all some weird kind of hallucination or time travel thing or something.

"McGonagall never appreciated us enough." Because seriously, they had so much unappreciated genius. Usually it had just gotten them grounded, which was totally unfair. "Right down the hallway, second door on the left after the staircase." And hopefully he wouldn't manage to get lost somehow. At least he could smell his way back. "Try not to let anyone think you're here to murder Harry again, please." He'd not appreciated that.

He'd be able to have food set up here by the time that Sirius was back, too. And he was definitely not going to skimp on it at all. Even if he never fed himself, he would feed anyone else, and he'd always tried to get the other man to eat more. Now he was even skinnier than before, which honestly worried him, a little. It was like when he'd first come back from Azkaban and had that hunted, feral look in his eyes. The look wasn't there now, not all the way, but Remus still always worried about him.

LadyLizard

Sirius just snorted, moving to follow his direction, not bothering with shoes since the courters weren't in the dungeon. He made it out of the hallway before he realized Remus was messing with him and turned back around.

"You little twit. There's a bathroom here. Professor's always get one," he said, scowling. He couldn't believe he fell for that. Then again, he wasn't on top of his game, not that he didn't Olan to get him back for that.

Moving past him, he checked the door on the other end of the hall, and found the bathroom. He make sure to send his lover a glare for good measure.

The shower didn't take long to get rid of the initial dirt. However he decided to stay longer, filling the tub with water, and leaning his head back on the rim. He didn't even notice when he fell asleep, clean and warm now and exhausted.

LadyLizard

Remus was actually slightly surprised that Sirius just waltzed off and listened to what he'd said. He wondered how long it was going to take him to realise that he'd been sent on a wild goose chase. Evidently not long, though he was pretty sure the other man had gone halfway down the hallway.

Sirius' opening words made him chuckle. "Yes, yes we do." He didn't bother telling him where it was, since there were only so many doors in the area. At the glare, he just raised an eyebrow and gave him a patient look like any teacher would. The end result was what mattered, right?

Once the bathroom was occupied, Remus wrote out a list of what he needed from the kitchen and summoned one of the house elves to his rooms. In the meantime he managed to clean the place up a bit since he'd had books and papers and all kinds of things scattered pretty much everywhere. The food showed up in about twenty minutes, but Sirius was still missing so Remus just set a warming charm on it.

And then Sirius was gone for way longer than necessary and Remus' anxiety kicked in to the max. He knocked on the door until he heard a noise inside, then opened it and peeked in. The fact that the other man had actually fallen asleep made him grin. "Food's here, unless you want to go back to your nap."

LadyLizard

The knock on the door snapped him out of his doze, which was surprisingly nightmare free. He jolted, sending water into the floor, and blinked owlishly. When Remus opened the door, he yawned, and shook his head.

"No." He inspected his hands. "I'm all wrinkly." Not caring about his nudity, considering, he sat up and pulled the plug lever and then got out of the tub. Grabbing the fluffy large towel in the rack, he met Remus at the door, dripping still.

"Clothes?"

LadyLizard

"Well, you are getting old," Remus said when Sirius mentioned being wrinkly, as if seriously considering the problem. "I'll get the clothes, you stay there so you don't get water everywhere." Sure, it would be easy to clean up, but why make the extra hassle? He went back to get the clothes, which he'd left folded on his bed, and then returned in a moment.

"There's food ready for when you're dressed." While waiting, he'd transfigured his belongings into a pair of black dress pants, white dress shirt, and a deep green brocade waistcoat. "Can you really manage wearing something so despicable?" he teased, giving him a fond smile. Sure, he found the other man's dressing habits ridiculous, but he could have far worse ones. And he'd had them in the past, like that murdering Peter obsession he'd briefly had, but Remus could understand that.

Since Sirius was an adult, he didn't stick around to help him get dressed, instead going to set out things to eat. He'd had to consolidate all his papers and such to the desk, so they'd probably have to end up eating on the bed or maybe the couch. But they'd both had far worse, so he was pretty sure that Sirius would live with it. After all, he'd made sure to ask for his favourite foods. That'd help.

LadyLizard

Post by LadyLizard » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:03 am

"I'm not old," he immediately protested. It didn't feel that way at all considering he spent a good portion in his Azkaban. If counting the years he actually lived they would only be area around 25.

Sirius tugged the towel around himself, drying his hair, and frowning at the matts he felt. The bath helped but he'd have to use a detangling potion for it. Otherwise he had to cut it out.

The joke made him smile and he dileberatelly looked as if he were debating it before taking the clothes. "I suppose I'll manage. Your spell work isn't faulty." He finished drying up before getting dressed. The pants were just a tad long but he didn't bother to fix it. It felt nice knowing he was technically wearing Remus' clothes, even if it was truly horrible. He headed out to find him and food.

LadyLizard

Remus just raised an eyebrow when Sirius insisted he wasn't old. Well, they weren't exactly school age, either. It had been a long time since they were kids and even longer since they'd felt like ones. But this was neither the time nor place for such a discussion so he didn't say anything else. At the moment his mission was to get Sirius dressed and fed. And quite possibly back to sleep. Sure, he had every intention of finding out what had happened in the last seven months, but he wanted to let the other man have some time to breathe and relax. It couldn't have been an easy time for him.

For a second he thought Sirius was legitimately considering whether or not he'd wear the clothes. If it was anyone else he would have probably felt ashamed or embarrassed, but since he was well used to the other being high maintenance, he would have just shoved the clothes at him anyway. "Of course it isn't faulty." He was kind of proud of his magical abilities, it was true. Wasn't like anything else in his life was worth being proud of.

"I've already got you a plate made up," he said when Sirius finally came out. "Didn't spend long enough in front of the mirror that it cracked, did you?" Not like that would ever happen since his lover was gorgeous, but he was definitely going to tease. Why wouldn't he? "Your choice whether we eat on the bed or the couch. Table's covered in books." About half as many as were actually on the bookshelves, it seemed.

LadyLizard

At least Remus knew not to take him so seriously. Everyone else seemed to, of course, especially those like Molly Weasley. He was glad that Remus wasn't so jaded that he didn't appreciate how much of an asshole he could be.

"As if," he said, "mirrors always compliment me." To be fair, most of them did, since he didn't look in the mirror unless he felt good. And Hogwart's mirrors were friendly. "Bed, I think." He grabbed the tray from him, heading to his bedroom.

LadyLizard

Remus often considered Sirius an asshole in some way or another, but really? The other man had never set out to hurt him, despite numerous accidents, mostly when they were kids. And while he might take any amount of rudeness from strangers, he would have put a stop to it if it had been one of his friends trying to pull something on him. He had few enough that he wasn't going to play around with strained relationships.

"Mirrors have bad taste," he decided. They really didn't, although one mirror insisted on always telling him his hair looked nice. He questioned that one. Dumebldore seemed to find it hilarious, though he wasn't sure why, since he honestly had no idea how bad his self-worth issues were. Once Sirius got his food, he picked up his own tray and followed him.

As was typical of him, he'd done literally no decorating anywhere in his quarters. But his bed was pretty much a massive collection of soft blankets. Remus had honestly lost count of how many there were. Instead of a typical four-poster bed, he'd arranged two mattresses on top of a frame that allowed for storage (of books, naturally). The result was what sort of looked like a two-foot-high pile of blankets. The minimal lighting gave it a sort of cave-like look, but he could always conjure more, and to be honest, the closed in feeling kind of helped calm him down sometimes. Like a wolf going to den.

LadyLizard

Sirius had no idea how Remus managed to have a room like this because the Hogwarts house elves were down right crazy about how things were meant to be. Then again, Remus was just as stubborn as some of them.

He sat down on the bed, tray on his lap, and dug in without ceremony. He let out a soft moan at the taste of real food and closed his eyes. Leaning back against the wall, Sirius tried not to just wolf his food down.

LadyLizard

Post by LadyLizard » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:04 am

The Battle Of Remus' Bedroom was something that practically everyone knew about. Of course, the teachers knew everything that happened in the school, and the house elves sometimes seemed like they were a hive mind. And then somehow some of the students found out. It became a schoolwide event even though barely anyone had ever been in his quarters for any reason. Remus was proud of winning it, even if he was pretty sure that Dumbledore had had a heavy influence on his behalf.

He let Sirius sit down first, so they wouldn't accidentally knock each other off the bed or something, as they'd done plenty of times when they were kids. The moan made him snort under his breath, though it also made him a little sad thinking about what would cause a reaction like that. Yeah, Sirius was getting fed at least four times a day.

"If you get hiccups I'm not getting rid of them for you," Remus informed him, leaning his shoulder against his for a moment. He hadn't taken nearly as much food as he'd gotten for Sirius, since he wasn't as hungry. But he would bet they would be done at about the same time. At least they could snuggle in a ridiculously comfortable setting.

LadyLizard

Sirius immediately leaned into him but was mostly just focused on his food. He shrugged at the comment, cheeks bulging, and made himself chew before swallowing and grabbing another spoonful. "S'good."

He finished the food not too long later but managed to slow down by drinking and tearing pieces of the bread that came with everything. Considering it was just the two of them, he didn't bother to ashamed of himself, and swiped his fingers over the left over crubs and food before licking it all clean.

Once the tray was empty, he shoved it off to the side, not surprised when it popped away after a moment. He stretched, cracking his knees, and smacked his lips. "Gotta detangle my hair." He pouted a little bit. "It's a mess. We'll get some tomorrow from Hogsmeade."

LadyLizard

Sometimes Remus was half certain that he was the only reason Sirius was still alive. But it didn't seem like anyone would be getting hiccups for now. That would have been a great reintroduction. And he was sure that someone would have managed to find out about it. Because clearly the notorious murdering scum Sirius Black could never get hiccups.

He didn't care in the slightest about the other man's manners, or lack thereof. They'd eaten around each other as canines, so anything that happened as humans was going to be better. Plus, he was going to be able to snuggle with him.

"Lemme see," Remus said, like Sirius was a little kid that said he'd gotten a boo-boo. In all honesty, he would greatly protest if the other man had any tendency toward cutting his hair off. That was a natural treasure or something. He'd always been a sucker for Sirius' hair to be honest.

"We'll fix it," he said with a little nod. He set his own tray aside and scootched down in bed a little. Pressing his face into Sirius' ribs just above his hip, he let out a muffled little sigh of contentment and snuggled into him. Things would be okay for a little bit, wouldn't they? "We need to talk eventually," he mentioned, "but that can wait." Just give him a heads up about it.

LadyLizard

Post by LadyLizard » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:05 am

Sirius immediately gave him access to his hair. The wash had helped but there was a particularly stubborn spot at the back. Not even a spell would work unless they just cut it off. The potion would have to do. Sirius didn't fancy cutting it off any more than Remus did.

He turned his body towards him a little, and reached out to pet his hair. His comment made him sigh. He didn't look forward to it. "I suppose so."

LadyLizard

Remus frowned a little at a particularly difficult-looking spot. "We could use two potions on that part?" he suggested. Because seriously. Nobody wanted to see Sirius' hair cut. Being able to play with it when it was clean and soft was honestly one of Remus' favourite things to do. And plus it smelled like him which was always a bonus. Hopefully more of 'his' belongings would start to do so as well. Nothing truly belonged to one of them alone.

He leaned into Sirius' touch when he was pet. Whether he was wolf or human, he loved Sirius touching him. And it had been longer than ever recently. Reaching behind him sort of blindly, he tugged a blanket up a little and settled in. Sirius could do whatever he wanted as long as he stayed.

LadyLizard

"Might work, yeah." He yawned a little, fussed about it, but not actually interested in doing anything but sleeping. He squirmed until he could lay down properly, and helped tug the rest of the covers up both of them. He kind of curled himself around Remus, reminiscent of what they did in their other forms, and tucked his face into his tawny curls.

"Missed you, Moony," he told him.

LadyLizard

They were definitely going to do what they could to preserve his look. Sirius would be loved no matter what he looked like but Remus would admit that he'd gotten kind of used to him looking a certain way. Having that change all of a sudden would be strange, even if it hadn't been on top of the fact that he'd come back from the dead out of nowhere.

He pretty much turned into a clingy octopus when the other man curled around him, perfectly okay with anything that ended up with them all tangled up in each other. That was familiar and safe and something he wanted to get back to. It was going to take some time on both their parts but he knew they still loved each other. A lot more would have to happen for them to not love each other.

"I missed you too," he said quietly. "Love you." He closed his eyes, then, more than comfortable with where he was. As long as Sirius was there, he was okay.

LadyLizard

Falling asleep again was only a little harder but being warm and clean helped a long way. He was pretty sure he fell asleep before Remus, at any rate. Eventually, at some point, he shifted so he was flopped over him, legs tangled.

His face against Remus', Sirius all but drooled. He wasn't a deep sleeper but exhaustion caught up. When he woke up in the morning, an owl was pecking at the window, and there was a letter on the pillow above their heads. Clearly Dumbledore didn't care to wait.

LadyLizard

Post by LadyLizard » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:06 am

Remus woke up with Sirius as a blanket, nose pressed into his cheek. For a second the overwhelming familiarity of it all almost made him cry, and he took a deep breath to get himself to even out. And then three more. Sirius was here and alive and okay, and Remus was going to help him get back to a healthy state both physically and emotionally.

The tapping annoyed him a little, and he wrapped an arm around Sirius' waist. "Tell Dumbledore to fuck off," he grumbled at the owl. Seriously. He had no intention of leaving this bed until he was half starving. His lover's return was a miracle and he had every intention of focusing on him and him alone for a good while.

LadyLizard

The owl of course did not listen. Sirius rubbed grit away from his eyes and yawned, looking around. The window was way too far away but after a second he was awake enough to accio Remus' wand from wherever he had left it.

The wand didn't really work for him for much but simple spells were easy enough. The way they did magic was quite different.

He opened the window with a flick of the wand and a mumble, dropping it off to the side once it flew in. The letter was dropped on Remus' head, and his chin pecked, before it flew away.

LadyLizard

Remus opened one eye when he heard the window move just to make sure it had been Sirius doing it. "Hullo, Bolt," he mumbled under his breath when the owl nibbled at him. The letter, however, went ignored. No reason to deal with that, none at all.

Instead he nuzzled into Sirius, kissing the corner of his mouth. "Good morning," he mumbled. This was the first time in years that he'd not been the responsible one, and it wasn't like he expected the other man to suddenly take on that job. But sometimes it wasn't so bad to have two irresponsible people together. The world would survive for a good long time without them.

He would have to cancel his classes, though. Preferably without leaving the room, or even the bed. It was very nicely warm under the covers, and plus Sirius was there. Apart from getting him clothes and detangling potion and all that, he really had no interest in doing anything else. For once he might even turn down a chance to visit a library.

LadyLizard

Sirius yawned once again. Since his job of opening the window was over, he tugged up the covers again, and laid his arm over the other's waist. He let out a soft sigh at the kiss and kissed one of the freckles on his chin response. "Morning."

He was by far not the most responsible out of the two of them. However, he did want to see Harry later. It was the middle of the week, though, so he doubted that he could get him out of classes. Hm. Might be worth it if they ditched and then got caught though.