[HP AU] Fool the whole world, just until I get better [jay/18+]

From Firefly to Silent Hill and Hogwarts to Middle Earth, roleplays involving television, videogames, films, books, anime and comics go here.
Forum rules
All roleplay posts must be at least twelve sentences long (about two paragraphs) and have a rating in the title.

Suggested Ratings:

G: Open to everyone
PG-13: 13 years old and up
R: 15 years old and up
NC-17/18+: Restricted to Adults ONLY

Viewer discretion is advised
Board Rules apply in all forums.
LadyLizard

Re: [HP AU] Fool the whole world, just until I get better [jay/18+]

Post by LadyLizard » Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:07 am

Remus was somewhat glad that he still had a kind of calming effect on Sirius, at least at the present moment. The last thing he wanted was either Sirius or Harry to be uncomfortable, especially considering his relationships with them. He tucked a bit of Sirius' hair back behind his ear, giving him a fond smile despite the circumstances. He couldn't at all blame the two of them for crying, with his own eyes wet. He'd just spent a lot more time grieving and screaming and wailing until all the stories of the Shrieking Shack had come raging back into fashion and he'd had no more tears to give.

Harry's outburst surprised him to no end. "You did what you thought was the right thing, Harry. Hell, if I'd been in your place, I'd have done the exact same, especially when Sirius and I were kids." Whatever he could say to help Harry feel better was worth saying. And when they'd been younger, stupider, he would have done something suitably drastic if he had ever gotten word that Sirius was in trouble. Their love had flared brighter than he'd thought anything could, and Remus had been more than willing to go blind from the sight. He still was, really, he'd just had to hide that love for so long that it still felt strange to look over and see Sirius as if he'd never died at all.

And then, of course, Harry asked the question that had thus far been avoided. "Yeah," he agreed, glancing down at Harry. They could all use with a bit, and some chocolate as well, he shouldn't wonder. He was going to be a part of the entire meeting, if Sirius had anything to say about it, he knew that. Not to mention that he'd hopefully be able to smooth out any issues that might come up. Sirius could be quite temperamental, Remus had never tried to deny that.
The voices in my head have all begun to sing
(The voices in your head have all begun to sing)
And they sure as hell hope I am listening
(I sure as hell hope you are listening)

padfoot;
Site Admin

Post by padfoot; » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:56 am

Conversation averted, Sirius nodded at Remus' comment, not having expected Harry to react in any other fashion. He was a kid, after all. They'd all done stupid shit back then, Sirius most of all. He could understand, and knew, that some decisions weren't made with full thought at that age.

While Remus called the house elf, Sirius settled back against the couch. Harry finally squirmed, realizing how close he'd hung onto his godfather, but when he tried to wiggle away, Sirius just rubbed his back and settled down again.

"Alright, pup? Everything's OK. In the mean time, I'm staying here, with Moony."

"You're not going back to Grimmuald Place? Good!"

"Hell no. Not even Dumbledore could make me go back. That miserable place could drive the sanest man mad," he said with a shudder. It was probably just as bad as being in the Veil if he though about it. Lifeless. Dark.

LadyLizard

Post by LadyLizard » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:20 pm

Remus made a distasteful face at the mention of Grimmauld Place. "I'd be a piss poor human being if I let you go back there," he commented. "And I don't trust you to be unsupervised at Hogwarts, you got into more than enough trouble as a kid years ago and I imagine McGonagall wouldn't be overjoyed to have you back in detention." Despite his words, he gave Sirius a fond smile, having more than a few good memories of those times, even if they'd commonly ended up doing grunt work around the castle or in the Forbidden Forest as punishment. Although, really, the Forest had never held a bit of terror for him.

With that problem settled - and god, he'd go insane himself just thinking of Sirius trapped in that place, never mind the man himself - he brought a chair over and sat down next to the couch. "Although I imagine we'll have to settle something for holidays. Grimmauld Place sure as hell isn't suitable for anything besides ghosts. Maybe we could sell it. Or burn it." The second thought was preferable, actually, he'd be quite happy if nobody ever had to set foot in it again. "And I can't imagine Siri putting up too much of a fuss about taking you off somewhere for weekends or what have you." Hell, he'd love to have a family holiday, although really that would probably be a moot point considering Remus would be fighting tooth and nail to get Harry away from the Dursleys and Sirius would have the sociolegal clout to make it happen.

padfoot;
Site Admin

Post by padfoot; » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:17 pm

Harry looked relieved at the news, knowing how much his Godfather hated the house, and not particularly happy about it himself.

Sirius guffawed at Remus' ideas. "I can already feel my ancestors rolling in their graves at the mere idea of selling or lighting it on fire. I'm partial to the second one, since I can't imagine anyone in their right mind would want to buy the piece of shit."

"Yeah..it's pretty bad," Harry agreed. His eyes had widened at the mention of weekends and vacations. He still couldnt believe he'd be living with his Godfather. No more Dursleys! (Or at least not as much) He just hoped he wasn't it really would happen. The other times people tried to get him away from the Dursleys..well..it didn't go well.

"That'd be amazing." He pressed his head against Sirius' shoulder for a moment before pulling away and moving to sit on the couch properly. This time, Sirius let him go easily.

"We can go to my parent's house in France for a while. That place has got to be intact even if Kreacher let it stack up dust. It was too new. We'd just have to make sure they didn't give it away to someone in the family. " He made a face at the thought of the rest of his family, then looked over at Remus, not entirely sure how to approach the subject of them being together. They needed to get it out of the way though.

LadyLizard

Post by LadyLizard » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:34 am

Remus couldn't help a bit of a smug grin at Sirius' reaction to his suggestion. "You know, I'm liking the idea of burning it more and more. God knows the place isn't fit for a Death Eater, much less us." And he had a feeling that Sirius would rather be homeless out in the streets than be living at that godawful house. He shared the sentiment, and he could count the number of times he'd been to the place on one hand. Only one of the crazy Blacks would want to live there.

"Wouldn't it?" he agreed when Harry said it would be amazing. "And it's about time you got away from those Muggle relatives of yours." He really had no idea how the boy had survived so long, but at least they could get him out of it now. Dumbledore would likely have something to say about it, because when didn't he, but Remus figured that Sirius was no more interested in hearing the older wizard's words than he was himself. It was about time that Harry was living with someone that actually cared for him regardless of any protests that might arise.

And of course there was a suggestion for where to go from here. "Have you ever even been to France?" he asked Sirius curiously. Though he really shouldn't be surprised, he supposed, considering that the Black family had had all sorts of estates and assets across Europe. Rich, crazy bastards. Even if the house had been passed on to someone else, Remus had little doubt that the three of them could come up with some place or other, considering. Dealing with Kreacher wasn't a thought he was particularly fond of, from Sirius' accounts of the thing, but it could always be worse.

Then Sirius gave him a look, and Remus had a pretty good idea as to what it was for. "Don't worry, I'm sure the rest of your family doesn't like me either. Never did approve of a halfbreed werewolf, did they?" And yet neither of them had ever cared, hell, in their teenage years, Remus had rather considered it something in his favour to be disapproved of by Sirius' family. "But you've got a much better family in the two of us, and you've done more than enough for us in return. You and Padfoot both, in my case." It wasn't hard to outstrip the Blacks when it came to familial matters, but Remus knew that they didn't mean so much to each other for nothing. Sirius and Padfoot had both been an irreplaceable part of his life.

"But while we're on the subject of relationships..." Might as well get it all out in the open, and plainly, before there was any time for interruptions and misunderstandings.

padfoot;
Site Admin

Post by padfoot; » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:30 pm

"He should never have even gone there," Sirius said, bitter still about it. Considering the circumstances he was never going to get over it. Especially as long as Harry was still there in the summer. And because of Dumbledore, he hadn't been able to protect him, while he was out and not in Azkaban any longer.

He nodded at Remus' question. "A few times when I was young enough that they still wanted to take me on holiday." By the time he was 12, however, he no longer was invited unless it was a huge family gathering. Not even when he tried his best to be good during the summers away from school. He smiled at Remus' words, nodding in agreement, and looking at Harry. "You two are the only family I've got left."

Once Remus approached the topic, Sirius had to reign in his natural reaction to bulk, or hide as Padfoot in another room. Instead he grabbed Remus' hand and held on for dear life as Harry's eyebrows furrowed and he looked at them questioningly.

"We have something to tell you," he informed him. "Honestly, I've been meaning to tell you since we first met..especially after we wrote letters to each other, but I figured someone would have let it slip by now, or made some sort of comment." God knew that they hadn't been particularly liked for it in their years at school.

LadyLizard

Post by LadyLizard » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:16 am

"Quite right," Remus agreed stiffly. His opinions on that were never going to change, and he knew that Sirius' wouldn't either. For all that Dumbledore had done for him, both during his school years and after, he simply couldn't agree with how he had handled the placement of baby Harry Potter. Well, he couldn't blame him for thinking that the boy's relatives might be the best ones to care for him at first, but afterwards... especially once Harry had shown up at Hogwarts for his first year of school. Even now, he was far too skinny and mistreated, in Remus' opinion. At least it would only take a letter - or absence of - to bring the both of them to wherever Harry might be in order to defend and protect him. The Durlseys would be getting away with nothing even if they tried, even if Dumbledore insisted on sending him back, not that they wouldn't fight that.

They might not be taking Sirius off to some fancy villa in France every few months, but he daresay they were a damn sight better when it came to anything worth having. Remus had never put much stock in wealth when it came to family - probably because his own family had never had much to speak of - but they'd sure as hell been loving. And that was something that the Black clan knew nothing of, with very few exceptions. He was sure of it. But there was no question that the three of them, while an unconventional family to the extreme, loved each other, though he rather imagined that Harry felt less for him than for Sirius. After all, so far he'd only been his mentor and teacher, whereas Sirius was his godfather and had already offered him a home once. Besides, Harry didn't know anything yet of their relationship, and Remus really wasn't sure how he would take it all.

But he was fairly proud of Sirius for not immediately trying to run or shut down or something of the sort. He gave the other man a reassuring smile when his hand was grabbed, gently rubbing his thumb over Sirius' knuckles. "I'm surprised Snape wasn't crowing it all over the place," Remus grumbled under his breath. "He was pretty damn vocal when it came to my being a werewolf and that was just as much his business." He still harboured a bit of a grudge against the other professor for that dick move, not that he'd entirely admit it to some people. Although he supposed that if they hadn't settled Snoke's stupidity and dickish tendencies by now, they never would. Since it seemed like Sirius was hedging about coming out and saying what he meant to, Remus did it for him, to get it all over with.

"Sirius and I have been together since we were teenagers, except for when he was in Azkaban. And then after he fell through the Veil, when we thought he was dead. But now that he's back, I've got absolutely no intention of letting go of him again... and I understand if you've got questions and such. I suppose I would myself. We should have told you sooner, but there was so much going on, and then it didn't much seem like it mattered. No use in it, and all. But assuming we're taking you in, you clearly have the right to know whatever you might wish."