Jump to:  
It is currently July 27th, 2017, 1:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Subject: [r.]I know I'm Not Forgiven [18+] But I Hope That I'll Be Given Some Peace

PostPosted: July 16th, 2017, 2:32 am 

Administrator

Location: Looking for my sanity. If you find it, can you return it?

F-T Points: 70,411.66

Items:
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode

I dreamed I was missing.
You were so scared, But no one would listen.
'Cause no one else cared.
After my dreaming, I woke with this fear.

Truthfully, Clayton had always suspected that everything he’d done would eventually catch up with him. One couldn’t really be one of the most hated sith lords in the galaxy without repercussions. Of course, he always suspected that it’d come from the Sith Empire and not the Jedi. How he was wrong.

After reuniting with Cathedi after several years and a bunch of bullshit, Cathedi had blossomed into a decently talented Sith Lord. While he hadn’t fully embraced the darkside, he had mostly renounced the whole Jedi thing. He wasn't all hate and vitriol, but he didn't blindly seek peace...He sort of did what was 'right' for the situation.

So, with all this in mind, it wasn’t unusual for Cathedi to be off doing stuff. The guy usually checked in at least once a day, or sent him random holo-images of some neat thing he’d found. It allowed Clayton to focus on the war without having to worry about Cathedi getting underfoot since he didn’t always approve of some of the tactics that Clayton used.

All this meant that when Clayton got a distress call from Cathedi with only some coordinates, he was immensely concerned. Thankfully, he wasn’t in the middle of anything important, so he was able to hand it off to an underling. While Cathedi wasn’t as adept in the force as he was, he was still pretty damn strong. For him to call for help was concerning. Of course, he also wouldn’t put it past the guy to pull him away from the war for a quiet date. Fucking romantic.

In the end, it was something completely different. The Jedi had captured Cathedi and used his holo-communicator to lure Clayton into a trap. Of course, Clayton didn’t go down without a fight and took down a good chunk of the small army they threw at him. One of the fucks only got lucky and threw some debris into him, knocking him out.

For as pro-justice and equality as the Jedi claimed to be, he found it to be a twisted irony that they didn’t even bother with a trial or to convert him. Then again, he supposed that he had a list of war crimes several kilometers long. The proof of his actions had been all over the news for years. While he wasn’t happy about his defeat, he had to hand it to them: this time they came prepared. They had brought a collar to suppress his ability with the force and chains to bind his tail to his body. There wasn’t much they could do about his innate telepathic abilities, but those were dampened with the interference from the collar.

There's a game, that I played.
There are rules, I had to break.
There's mistakes, that I made.
But I made 'em my way.

Surprisingly though, they chose not to kill him. He supposed that perhaps they thought they could work on reversing everything at a later date. Whatever. Clayton knew that he was too entrenched in the dark side to be changed. The little group stopped in front of a stasis pod and the leader of the group turned to him. Honestly, Clayton was half surprised that Askellan wasn’t in the group. Though, the Jedi had been kicked out of the order some time back. Given that Clayton’s capture had been all over the news, it was likely the former Jedi had hunted down Cathedi…Assuming he was still alive. The Jedi had refused to give him any information.

“Any final words?” The Twi’lek Jedi asked him, quietly.

Many would make some grandiose monologue or rage out against the Republic for perceived slights. Instead, Clayton had an expression of calm that would rival even the most ancient of Jedi Masters. He wasn’t going to be killed. There was always a chance of escape. “I don’t regret a single thing.”

“…Noted.” Was the response given to him before he was ushered into the pod.

It wasn’t overly comfortable, but that was to be expected and truthfully, he started feeling claustrophobic as the lid slid down in front of him. Two heartbeats passed before he heard the soft hiss of gas and then all he felt was cold.

So cold...

“Think he’s dead?” A male voice spoke from his right, and then there was a sharp prod to his left shoulder that made him flinch. All his nerves sung with pain. Clayton sucked in his first breath in only Force knew how long. The air tasted stale and dusty. There was a soft voice in the back of his mind that remarked on how that was odd. However, Clayton was more interested in breathing.

“Nope, not dead.” A second voice chimed in.

Opening his eyes, he saw the blurry figure of…Someone. A human, maybe, peering down at him. Everything seemed blurry and blobby, a result of the stasis he dimly realized. Normal. It would fade in time. Someone grabbed his arm to try and help him sit up, but he pulled away with a sound of pain.

“Hurts, Cathedi.” He slurred out. Because of course it’d be Cathedi. No one else would really come to rescue his freak ass.

“No, sorry, never heard of ‘em. Hang on a tick.” The person on his left commented as he started fiddling with the shackles on his wrists. Clayton felt the heaviness of the metal gone before he heard it land on the floor. Then the same person leaned down and poked at the collar.

“Slave collar it looks like. Lemme get that off, too.”

How little did they know. Clayton was slowly starting to realize that these people had no idea who he was. This was mildly concerning, but he wasn’t in the shape to do much of anything. The second the collar had been removed, his connection with the force came back immediately. Even in his state, he could feel the ripples in the Force from his sudden presence come bouncing back to him. It was much like the ripples in a small pond after throwing a massive rock into the center.

While the two people, smugglers he realized, fussed over him, Clayton opened his eyes and stared up at the ceiling. Slowly, he brushed through the Force. The balance had shifted towards the light side and while the dark side was still there, it was a pinprick of shadow in a sea of light. Lightly, he clenched his jaw and shifted his search for two very familiar force presences: Cathedi and Askellan.

He found neither.

Softly, he let out a breath and pulled the Force tightly around himself, using it to mask his presence and making him seem like a light side user. With the sheer amount of Jedi, they would have felt his awakening. Opening his eyes, he slowly rolled onto his side and then into a sitting position. With the Force, he was able to see. The room was filled with boxes and artefacts, with everything covered in dust. He’d clearly been out for a long time.

“What year is it?” He asked, softly, half afraid of the answer. One of the smugglers looked over at him and rattled out an unfamiliar date format. Already, he could feel them both starting to question his appearance. Questioning that turned to fear when he undid the chains that bound his tail. He gave it a twitch as he stood and seized their minds.

He could still work with this. His name and actions lost to antiquity, the Jedi council he had faced likely dead and dust…The Sith Empire in much the same fashion, it seemed. That part didn’t exactly surprise him since the Empire had been on the losing end of things for a while. Hell, he could even deal with Askellan being gone, the old fuck. Cathedi, though, that hurt more than he cared to admit. Depending on how much time had passed, he might not find out what had happened to them.

“My lightsaber.” He stated, holding out his hand. Moments later it was placed into his hand. Clipping it to his belt, he tugged his robes closer around him and left the chamber, the smugglers at his heels. Silent, he steeled his will against the obviously changed universe. For now, he’d lurk like a shadow and figure out the political climate.

Once they reached the surface, he paused to blink a few times. The world around him was a sea of oranges and yellows, heat and dust. “…Tatooine?” He mused, but decided against it. It lacked the faint smell of salt that he always associated with the planet. One of the smugglers stated the planets name which was the one he was familiar with.

“What happened here?” He asked as they walked towards the ship. While the smuggler who answered him wasn’t the greatest with Galactic history, he mentioned a war. One which had happened about a millennia prior when the Jedi finally defeated the Sith. Silent, Clayton filed this away as they boarded the ship where he instructed the smugglers to take him to Nar Shadda. Retreating to a private area with the instructions not to disturb him, he kneeled to meditate.

In the past, he’d been able to brush his mind against Sith and Jedi of the past, ghosts, gleaning information in some cases. He found none of them. Likely, they had rejoined the Force as time had passed. Exhaling softly, he started moving through the light side ocean, brushing past different users, nothing more than a specter. The transition from hyperspace to normal space briefly jarred his meditation as he was brushing past someone. For a brief instant, his force presence could be sensed. Someone deeply entrenched in the dark side, a jumble of emotions, yet with calm foreign to dark side practitioners…And then he was gone again.

Huffing, he pulled the force back around him again. This time, he used it to purge his body of the after effects of the stasis. Opening his eyes, he blinked a few times as the wall in front of him came into focus and the fatigue left him. Standing, he wrapped his tail around himself and left the ship to investigate this new galaxy.

You made everything okay.
We were one and the same.
You took all the pain away.
You saved me from my demons.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The voices in my head have all begun to sing.The voices in your head have all begun to sing.
Sure hope I ain't listening.
Sure hope you weren't listening.

PostPosted: July 16th, 2017, 8:59 pm 

F-T Points: 68,791.66

Obi Wan honestly spent a lot of time worrying about Anakin these days. The Jedi Knight had gone through more than most Jedi had, at his age, and he already had the disadvantage of strong familial ties. He knew what had happened on Tattooine when Shmi had died. And with his former attraction to Padme, which he'd bet hadn't abated the slightest, he was rather unsure of how to proceed with the young man. Wrong steps would end up with an angrier, even volatile, version of a young man with great potential in the Force... and with the Dark Side.

He also really wished that Qui Gon was here to help him keep an eye on the younger man, if not to continue being in control of his training. Not that there was much more that Anakin needed to learn besides how to control his temper, but that was the part that kept causing trouble. Obi Wan's old Master showed up as a Force ghost every so often, but Obi Wan had always been fairly hesitant to pester him with his problems with others. They'd spoken about it from time to time, to be sure, but rarely at length. For the most part he kept Qui Gon up to date.

But he did his best, managed to balance Anakin and his work as a Jedi and the few private affairs that even a Jedi had. There were missions run and completed, and at times Obi Wan could practically forget about the things that Anakin had done in the past, seeing how he fought and laughed and was friends with him. And yet... There had been mentions of a man called Dooku, a man-like called Grievous, and Obi Wan wasn't sure he understood Anakin's opinions regarding such. It was a fine line that both of them would have to walk, and he only hoped that they both made the right choice.

Those were the main problems on his mind as he sat in his chambers. Anakin, Dooku, Grievous, and he wondered how many of them were enemies to the Republic and felt guilty for it. His thoughts were interrupted by a sudden presence, dark yet not vitriolic. Someone most undoubtedly on the Dark Side but with an almost Jedi mind, emotional yet not chaotic. Obi Wan was just about to reach out before the presence disappeared, and his search was for naught.

Despite the fact that nothing came of the encounter, and he didn't even know who it was with, it stayed in Obi Wan's mind in the following days. Even when he was sent to Nar Shadda, something that usually would have garnered interest of him, the foreign Force user remained in the back of his mind. Anakin noticed his distraction, mentioned it, but didn't press and therefore was told nothing.

After the end of their first day, Obi Wan took his leave of the apartments he and Anakin had been chosen and went out on his own into the city. He didn't have a destination or desire in mind, he simply wanted to be outside of the Jedi influence for a while. One of the closest bars seemed like a good place to start, though he didn't drink as strongly as he had in the past despite spending a good few hours there.

Leaving far after dark had fallen, Obi Wan decided to forego conventional safety and take the shortest route home. It would have been dangerous to someone without the Force, but he highly doubted that there was anyone capable of dealing him harm lurking in the alleyways of this place. And with his robe covering most of his features, nothing to describe him as wealthy or deserving of interest, he would likely seem to have more in common with them than not.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

~Lady Lizard~

PostPosted: July 16th, 2017, 9:27 pm 

Administrator

Items:
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode

While many things had changed in the galaxy, still more hadn't. One of the things that hadn't changed was Nar Shadda. Certainly, the layout of the city moon had changed...This was expected in the time he had slept, but the overall atmosphere of debauchery had remained.

Nearly 3600 years he had been in the stasis pod. Honestly, it as hard for him to wrap his mind around. It also meant that finding out what had happened to Cathedi wasn't likely to happen. He'd managed to get a hold of a few nuggets of information concerning the old Sith Empire that detailed its final days. Interesting, as was the fact that his Sith name had lived on.

Hilariously, all the records claimed he died in battle against a legion of Jedi knights and he slew half their numbers before finally succumbing to injuries and that it was his sheer rage and power with the Force that had kept him alive that long. Amusing and a good story, but certainly not the truth.

As it was, he was doing research and trying to find out information on his various strongholds. The one on Dromund Kaas was a waste due the the city having been razed 1500 years after his 'death'. Of course, he had a few others on remote jungle planets. It'd be worth checking them out since he had a ship now.

His thoughts were interrupted by a trio of thugs that stepped in front of him. A Twi'lek and two Duros. The center Duros made the universal 'give me your money' hand gesture. Clayton only stared at the three with disdain before making a gesture with his hand. The two aliens on the outside flew backwards, but didn't get back up. The third turned to run but suddenly started clawing at his throat.

"You are an idiot." Clayton stated, simply. "Give me a good reason on why I shouldn't crush your throat here and now."

The voices in my head have all begun to sing.The voices in your head have all begun to sing.

PostPosted: July 19th, 2017, 10:25 pm 

Of course, once a Jedi, always a Jedi. And when Obi Wan heard trouble happening not too far from where he was, it was only natural for him to want to go and check out what was happening. With, of course, his main goal being the preservation of whoever had gotten into trouble this time around. They likely should have known better but he wasn't about to make them suffer for a mistake.

But it seemed as though this stranger had things well in hand. Maybe a little too well. Obi Wan had no love for the sort of criminal types that prowled these streets, and in some cases, would have personally almost rather preferred that they be left to suffer from their own bad life choices. Almost, because he was a Jedi and Jedi helped people. It was what he did himself as one of their number.

"Let the man go," he told the stranger. "Everyone can walk away." That was likely the best outcome for all of them. Certainly so from his perspective. Why not let everyone go their separate ways? And if this cloaked man decided to come back around here, well, that was his problem. He highly doubted that these crooks would try to hold him up a second time given the disastrous outcome of the first try. Although that also may simply be optimism speaking.

~Lady Lizard~

PostPosted: July 19th, 2017, 10:49 pm 

Administrator

Items:

By this point, he had lifted the Duros off the ground, leaving the alien to kick helplessly at the air. Of course, it'd be jut his luck that a Jedi would be snooping around. It almost seemed that they had a radar of sorts when someone was in 'trouble'.

"I have no tolerance for thieves." Compared to anyone living, he had a unique accent, one which was common when the Sith Empire was at its strongest...But he had always kept a hint of his Republic accent. Not that it really mattered now. His accent was going to attract attention anywhere he went. A glance to the would be thief, "Consider yourself lucky, you little shit."

The alien barely had a chance to respond before being flung into a nearby garbage heap. He groaned but rolled over and clambered to his feet before taking off at a limping run. Despite being injured, he was far luckier than his two former buddies in crime.

Turning slightly, he eyed the Jedi. Clayton, himself, had adopted a dark blue shirt and black robes. Presently, the hood of the robes was pulled up and the robes pulled tightly around himself. Still, the glint of his saber staff could be seen...Which was what had likely attracted the thieves in the first place.

PostPosted: July 23rd, 2017, 1:06 am 

Obi Wan almost blinked at the stranger's accent, gaze dropping to the slight hint of metal at his belt. Was that... interesting... For now, his focus was on the man that was still being held in the air.No use in making an innocent man get hurt just because he got distracted. Some kind of Jedi that would make him.

"And no tolerance for mercy?" he countered. "The man made a foolish mistake. He's learned his lesson. Let him go." There was absolutely no need to take his life from him simply because he'd chosen the wrong person to rob. "If it weren't you, you wouldn't care. I don't think he'll make the same move twice, anyway."

The alien took off after being tossed aside, and Obi Wan only gave the two bodies a look before focusing on the other man - or so he thought. "Nar Shadda has always been dangerous. Killing won't help." That with a pointed glance at the bodies. "Although I imagine that someone else would have done it, probably sooner rather than later."

~Lady Lizard~

PostPosted: July 23rd, 2017, 1:13 am 

Administrator

Items:

"Mercy has its place, but not in a situation such as this." This hadn't been the first mugging the thieves had done. Most ended up with the person handing over their valuables, but in a few cases, it had ended up in death. Just another victim of Nar Shadda's rampant crime.

Honestly, Clayton wasn't so sure that the thief wouldn't go back to crime. It was an easy way of making credits, especially from foolish tourists who wanted to take the quick way home. "Perhaps a good killing is exactly what Nar Shadda needs. It's not called 'The Smuggler's Moon' for show. Some of the worst beings in the galaxy do their business here....But I shouldn't be surprised that once such as yourself would defend common thugs."

Perhaps getting into a verbal pissing match with a Jedi wasn't the smartest thing to do, but Clayton was a bit pissy over everything in had learned in the past few days.

PostPosted: July 26th, 2017, 6:00 pm 

"Mercy has its place in every situation," Obi Wan argued, a traditional Jedi response to every question that came their way in such circumstances. Because why not give someone another chance to steal from you or stab you in the back? Honestly, in the grand scheme of things, it didn't really matter whether the mugger had died or not. A handful, a dozen, twenty might rise in his place. But what was the purpose in reckless loss of life?

"The Jedi defend everyone. We speak the truth even in the face of, or in defence of, the untruthful. And killing isn't necessary, even on Nar Shadda. If a man is not redeemable, that does not sign his death warrant. Civilisation is built on mercy, monarchies on choosing who lives and dies singlehandedly. Having absolute power leads to having nobody to answer to." Of course, all that conveniently sidestepped what they both knew - no amount of killings would stop lowlives from populating this planet, or from simply relocating.

~Lady Lizard~

PostPosted: July 26th, 2017, 6:12 pm 

Administrator

Items:

"It can, but how many chances is to many and simply becomes a case of being taken advantage of? You know just as well as I do that these scum have little desire for reform. Why work an honest days work of back breaking labor when it's much easier, and profitable, to simply point a blaster at someone and demand their credits?" Quite honestly, he itched to lash out, but knew that the Jedi's death would attract attention. Even as it was, he was taking a massive risk.

Softly, he laughed. "I'm aware of what the Jedi do." After all, he'd ran with them for some time. Well, sort of. He shifted he weight slightly, causing part of his saber staff to become more visible. "Yet...The same could be said of the Jedi, having absolute power in this day and age. While they might answer to the Republic, they still exist outside their laws."