Jump to:  
It is currently July 27th, 2017, 1:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 275 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next

Subject: [witch!Sam au] a heart that hurts is a heart that works[18+]

PostPosted: March 30th, 2017, 10:20 pm 

Administrator

F-T Points: 11,719.33

Items:
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode

Sam never intended to leave his family.

That was the God honest truth. He would admit that he wanted to leave the life they led. It drove him absolutely crazy not to have friends, not to know what it was like to stay in one place for more than a few months, to feel like he had a home outside of their father's car. He wanted something he could call his own; and he understood why his brother and father didn't think it was wise. It was dangerous. He didn't realize that until he was truly and well on his own. One thing was to be paranoid and cautious and another was to understand that despite how it seemed-no one could actually fully get away from monsters.

It didn't matter how hard he tried, it didn't matter how hard anyone tried, the supernatural would touch their lives somehow even if they never knew it. He envied the people who never found out. Who lived their entire lives mundane and never knowing what lurks into the dark. And hell, even during the day. Monsters were sneakier than that.

But..he'd come to realize that was just not his lot in life.

And that wasn't to say he gave in easy. Not by any means. He fully intended to go to Stanford and learn law, to marry someone and have a picket fence life, and never think of what he was raised to be. He managed two years of it, worked his ass off in school, and thought he was doing good.

That is, until a demon decided to fuck it all up. There were things that had made him itch to grab salt or iron before while in school. Weird stories that didn't match up on the newspaper, funny dorm jokes about cold spots in old buildings, things he knew others didn't realize were signs of the supernatural. But he never let himself look into it. Instead he fled to the library, to his room, or class. But demons? Possessing students? Yeah..that wasn't something he was going to sit idly by and let happen.

And maybe he knew that it was too good to be true; lying to himself about who he was. In the end it had felt good doing what he knew best. He got rid of the monster, made friends because of it, and it opened floodgates he hadn't been prepared for. Turns out the demon hadn't come over on a whim. No they were looking into disposing of a cluster of witches on school. Just kids..like him. With natural affinities for magic. Not bad people by any means.

He'd known, of course, since he was a child. That he was different and special. A freak. It left a cold, slimy feeling in the pit of his stomach when he thought about it. He could do things that no normal human should. And everything his Dad taught him meant that he was a monster. To be put down and hunted for doing freaky things he had no control over. He suppressed it and it worked. Except not really. Those sort of things come back and bite you in the ass.

One moment he's fine and the next he's lit his living room on fire because apparently he can light shit on fire with his mind-what the fuck?? He hadn't actually meant to set his history book on fire. He'd just been frustrated with his term paper. Once he'd managed to make it die down, he'd been completely ready to chalk it up to stress. He was going to push it to the back of his mind once again.

Except the next time it happened, it was in public. And of course he was by no means alone. Thankfully it just looked like some weird thing. Someone said something offensive and instead of chugging their drink, they were choking on soap that suddenly appeared in their mouth. It was stupid. He hadn't even realized it was his fault until he realized he'd been thinking about wiping the smirk of their face and washing out their mouth like his Dad always threatened to do to him when he got snappy.

Of course, it was enough to do two things. One: make him realize he needed to control whatever this was. Two: make someone else realize he needed to control it.

And while he was totally surprised by the random guy who approached him on his way back to the dorm one night, in the end he realized just how much help he needed. He couldn't do this on his own despite his own pride. And he couldn't go to anyone he did know would know about it. What if they wanted to kill him? He couldn't do that.

Of course, he just wanted to control it, so he could make it stop. In the end, he didn't expect to find out that he didn't want it gone, and that he was probably better off figuring it out sooner than later.

---

Two years later and law school was the last thing he was thinking about. At first, he hadn't wanted to let it go, his old plans. But he didn't actually want to be a lawyer. A part of him had thought that maybe it was a good way to be useful; his Dad and Dean would definitely need a lawyer one day. Maybe other hunters. But it wasn't enough for him. In fact, it was boring.

But he wasn't going to give up a full ride to Stanford, the life he had built for himself here, the friends he had managed to make despite all odds. So, he'd changed his major. It was easier than he thought, to find a focus.

Linguistics and linguistical anthropology left the doors wide open for what he was interested and already knew. It made sense, considering his aptitude for languages, and his inteterests in human interactions.

Also, it meant that while he wasn't studying and learning and enjoying himself, he was learning magic. He realized just how biased some hunters could be. Magic was dangerous, and those who sold their souls or got their magic from demons, they should be reprimanded. But white magic? Magic that came from a human's soul, from the Earth, wasn't something that could be discarded or thrown away.

And maybe he didn't do anything too spectacular with it. He didn't go around using his magic to fight monsters or save the world. As far as most people were concerned, he was a normal guy, and he liked it that way. But the other witches, the people who realized he could be helpful instead of scary, they knew. He ended up helping hunters through the grapevine, had plenty of books, and knowledge. It seemed fair that he helped others help themselves while he didn't need to go back to the life.

And yeah, he thought about Dean and his Dad. He wondered if they ever thought about him. Especially when he eventually got in contact with Bobby-by mistake-and the older man insisted he at least try to contact them. He never did, though, too afraid. He was exactly what he never wanted to become; their enemy.

---

He'd finished his degree that last semester. He was still working as a TA for the Latin classes at Stanford but grading papers for summer students didn't take very much time off his hands. He had plans to look for work outside of his magic after the summer was over. He wasn't entirely sure what he planned to do with his degree except for plans with other people he'd vaguely spoken about. Maybe teach, he didn't know yet. And it felt good to have the choice.

After taking a shower and watering the plants around his house like he did every few days (it was seriously hard not to kill all plants in his vicinity, because magic did that sometimes, so he purposefully kept them around to fight it; so far only a dozen plants had died in the last two years), Sam made finished packing his bag before heading out.

It was the weekend so it meant he was free till Tuesday afternoon. The local coven (which he was technically a part of but..eh he didn't like the thought of being part of a group) was having a three day party in honor of the Summer Solstice the next day. He planned to get a little meditation in and be part of the bonfire before, quite frankly, drinking till he couldn't anymore.

The drive was a little long since it was to private property but once there he was ushered into a nook that was supposed to be where he'd sleep. The owner, a guy he went to school with but didn't talk to, gave him a brief tour before people started actually arriving.

Sam immediately headed down to the beach to meditate before it got crowded, picking up sea shells and all sorts of bits and bobs, for a protection spell against psychic attacks. Once the actual real celebrating started, everything went from zero to sixty, of course.

PostPosted: March 30th, 2017, 11:00 pm 

Administrator

Location: Looking for my sanity. If you find it, can you return it?

F-T Points: 70,411.66

Items:
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode

Jump into the sun, dear boy, what are you running from?
The answer you will find in your grave.

Honestly, it was always a bit fun when angels went rogue. Eury wasn’t a big fan of them and they weren’t a big fan of him. That said, angels tended to be a bit smart and usually covered their tracks…Much like the one he was hunting was doing. What made it even more dangerous was that this wasn’t a particularly low ranked angel. No, this was one of the big wigs. Still, Eury liked a challenge. It gave him a chance to really cut loose.

Truthfully, he couldn’t figure out the things’ end game and he was constantly a step behind the thing. As someone who prided himself on his intelligence and ability to figure out what people were doing, this irked him to no end. Still, he kept after it. Sooner or later, the angel would slip up.

Feels like, sweet sixteen. All sugar and nicotine.
Feels like, ready to go!

Marcus was relatively new to the coven, but he’d made plenty of friends. Still, there was the undertone of still needing to impress the others. As an apprentice, he’d been slow in picking things up and felt the need to prove himself to others. He’d gotten better over the years but the need was still there and was likely to always be there.

However, right now? He was focused on the Summer Solstice celebration. If nothing else, witches knew how to party. Someone had brought home made honey mead and the shit was strong. Two mugs in and it’d already gone to his head, but of course, he wasn’t the only one. Off to his right, someone spat out a stream of fire and cackled loudly.

Laughing, he wandered to a spot of sand where he started to draw in the sand. After finishing off his mug, he handed it off to someone watching. “Hold this for me, will you?” Giggling softly, he finished the circle and started mumbling under his breath.

Close the door, and hear all the angels scream,
“Oh, mercy, mercy, mercy, oh mercy, please!”

The angel was proving to be a rather nice fight. It was powerful, but not powerful enough and Eury was gaining the upper hand. That’s when he felt it: a sharp mental tug. It distracted him for a fraction of a second, but it was all the angel needed to smite him. In an instant, his vessel was obliterated into nothing, leaving him defenseless. However, before he could react, he was yanked away to the summoning circle.

Bubbling up as a mass of darkness he stared down at the one who had summoned him. A violent anger surged over him as the realization of what had happened occurred. The human barely had time to react at he lunged forward and grabbed a hold of him, immediately taking the body as his own. Someone to his left screamed, but he couldn’t tell if it was out of fear or out of drunken celebration. Oh, but Eury was angry. So very angry. For the past year he had tracked the angel. These humans had not only cost him the fight but also his vessel. He would give them something to scream about.

Stepping out of the circle, he stared out at the serene ocean in front of him, tasted the salt air, and clenched a fist. Someone to his right suddenly shrieked in terror and pain as the shadows surged up, ripping them apart. The white bubbles in the surf steadily turned pink.

One of the shadows plucked up a chunk of driftwood and lobbed it at someone with deadly accuracy. The woman fell backward with the hunk of wood sticking out of her stomach. Eury passed by her, yanking the wood out of her before teleporting in front of someone. A man ran past and Eury slammed the chunk of wood into his head, caving it in.

This was a coven of witches, which meant the body he possessed was likely magically inclined…The man in front of him stumbled back fearfully as Eury held his hand out in front of him, palm facing the human. Suddenly, the other screamed as he ignited. Turning away, he looked towards the scattering crowd. He had a busy night in front of him.

Don’t try to deny it, you cannot hide it.
I’ll be delighted when I get to watch you burn, burn, burn.
I wanna watch you burn.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The voices in my head have all begun to sing.The voices in your head have all begun to sing.
Sure hope I ain't listening.
Sure hope you weren't listening.

PostPosted: March 31st, 2017, 8:11 pm 

Administrator

Items:
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode

Sam was trying really hard not to fall into the sand, whilst he was dragged along in the crowd of people who were dancing, by a girl with green and brown curly hair before he didn't know. He'd drunk way too much to drive if he needed to and not nearly enough that he wouldn't remember doing something stupid yet.

The girl- Shanny? Shia?- he barely heard her introduce herself- finally stopped and pressed herself against his chest. He wrapped an arm around her, drinking the last bit of his beer, before dropping it on the ground where it'd be kicked off to side (they always cleaned up after and he wouldn't mind staying to do so).

He felt hands dipping under his t shirt to pull it up so he rocked back enough to give her space to do so. Leaning down to kiss her, he groped her ass, closing his eyes and just listening to the music.

It took a good minute for the sounds of screaming and yelling to reach them and be made out as something fearful. Sam immediately pulled away, jerking his head up, when he heard the sound of someone screaming to run.

He shoved the girl in the opposite direction, along with two others dancing next to them, and tried to make out what the hell was going on.

Some people immediately went forward, presumably to attempt to fight off whatever it was, and that's when Sam noticed Marcus, eyes glowing red near the speakers.

"What the fuck?! It's a demon!" Someone screamed. Sam ducked down out of sight, running into a group of umbrellas, and diving down behind them. He dug his hands into the sand, drawing a rune, and choked out a spell to keep himself safe. It was more wishful thinking than anything but he tried his best, hoping the midsummer would help.

"'Guardian Dragons, hear me and protect me.'
'Dragons of the earth and sea, give your protection unto me.'
'Dragons of the wind and fire, protect myself and my spirit higher'
'Dragons of the light, protect me with your sight.'
'To Dragons of the darkest night, I pray you protect me with all your might.'
'Spirit Dragons, hear my plea, I call you now to protect me.'
'Thank you, Dragons, one and all, for coming to aid me by my call.'"

PostPosted: March 31st, 2017, 8:20 pm 

Administrator

Items:
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode

To be called a demon was honestly a bigger insult than being summoned here. Immediately, his attention snapped to the person and with a sweeping gesture, the shadows consumed them. The sand was red and sticky with blood, the sea foam colored a bright pink, and peeking over the horizon was the moon...A silent witness to the carnage.

One by one, he hunted the witches down, exacting his revenge, but still his anger burned bright. That was one of his flaws: he was slow to anger, but when he did, his temper was violent and ultimately deadly.

For the second time that night, he felt a tug at his mind. While the first had been a demanding, insistent tug, this one was quiet. A plea for help. Narrowing his eyes, he growled softly, the shadows quietly echoing the sound.

Stepping forward, he suddenly appeared in front of where Sam was hiding. No doubt he was a terrifying sight. His eyed burned red and his clothes flecked with blood. One arm was stained red where he had ripped someone's throat out.

The shadows batted away the umbrellas and he glared down at the human, "You do not have my protection." He spat out, the voice far different than the one he was used to.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The voices in my head have all begun to sing.The voices in your head have all begun to sing.

PostPosted: March 31st, 2017, 9:14 pm 

Administrator

Items:

He didn't expect the spell to call the very thing that was attacking them. After all, he thought that the monster was a demon, having only come across one once in person since his Dad never let him hunt them with him.

To say Sam was scared shitless at having Eury pop up over to him was an understatement. He backed away in a crab walk, eyes wide, not entirely sure what he was dealing with except something very angry and very powerful. He had used similar spells before, but small ones, under the impression that who he prayed to was not on Earth, not with the tomes he'd read on it.

"Please..I.." He croaked out, meeting their gaze despite the fear. He did not want to die but what could you do when a creature of the elements wanted you dead? There were very little options. However, for Sam, dying was never one of them. And groveling wasn't in his blood, at least not for himself.

Grabbing as much as sand as he could in his hand, and taking a deep breath of beach air, Sam closed his eyes, as if ready for an attack. Inside, though, he cast a binding spell.

PostPosted: March 31st, 2017, 9:26 pm 

Administrator

Items:

The one in front of him was obviously terrified and Eury relished the sensation. This witch was the only one left; all the others were dead, strewn across the beach. He took a step forward, "You what?" Still he seethed.

The sensation kicked him in the chest, a bruise quick to blossom out, and it brought him to a knee. He wheezed out a breath, and his focus quickly went to the other. While he was furious, he wasn't blinded. He knew what had happened. It wasn't a compete binding, since such a spell would require much more prep work, but it was sufficient.

He let out a hiss through clenched teeth, "I will never serve you." The other might be safe from direct death...But Eury would find a way.

PostPosted: March 31st, 2017, 9:34 pm 

Administrator

Items:

Sam felt the same punch to the chest, before it tapered off into something slimy, a link between the two of them that was barely tangible in his mind's eye. Oh shit. What the fuck had he just done?

He sat up, having doubled over, and swallowed at the creature's glare. The hiss sent a shiver down his spine, and he knew they were lying, but in the mean time he had nothing else he could do. He was in control, which meant he wasn't going to die yet.

He took a moment to gather himself, looking around them at the carnage done, and threw up into the sand. Getting up, Sam heaved in deep breaths and glared at Eury. "Why would you do this?"

PostPosted: March 31st, 2017, 9:41 pm 

Administrator

Items:

He pushed himself up to his feet, his gaze unsympathetic to the other's reaction to the blood soaked sands around them. Lightly, he wiped the droplets of blood off his face, the action only succeeding in smearing the blood into some sort of macabre war paint.

Softly, he scoffed. "The former inhabitant of this body foolishly summoned me. Not only did it cost me my body, it also resulted in losing track of an angel I've been stalking for the past three years." Lightly, he flicked gore off of his hand. "To add insult to injury, your coven thought I was a demon."

Despite his well spoken words, there was still an undertone of seething rage.

PostPosted: March 31st, 2017, 9:51 pm 

Administrator

Items:

Sam stared at the creature wide eyed at its words. For a second he said nothing, then laughed softly. Eventually he got louder and louder before he was doubled over and wiping tears from his eyes.

"Holy shit. And I was praying to you? That's fucking pathetic. I knew you guys had sensitive egos but that's just..wow. Just wow." Not waiting for a reply, he turned around, heading up to the main house. He had no idea how he would explain this. Did he call the cops? Bobby? Leave it as it was and just leave?

PostPosted: March 31st, 2017, 9:57 pm 

Administrator

Items:

He scoffed, "Pathetic is summoning something and misidentifying it. One would think that if you're dabbling in magic, you'd know what the fuck you're doing." Eury didn't give the carnage a second glance as he followed after...Whoever the fuck this was.

Considering his state, he'd need to take a shower so he could scrub all the blood off him...Perhaps get a decent look at his new vessel.

PostPosted: March 31st, 2017, 10:21 pm 

Administrator

Items:

"The owner of that body did that. Not the rest of us. And if it isn't obvious, he was probably drunk," Sam pointed out with a scoff. It wasn't his fault he happened to be around a moron. The people around him didn't deserve to die. And not so violently. They had simply been celebrating.

Sam didn't bother to say anything else and hiked up the house. He grabbed his bag from his room and then fished around the kitchen. This wouldn't be easy to hide and he did not care to be interrogated about a mass murder when he had no real answers to provide. However he couldn't just..leave.

Thankfully, Owen had plenty of supplies. He gathered a few things, ignoring Eury flat out, and then went back to the beach. Near the shore, he kneeled, covering a candle enough to light if before throwing it into the sea. Closing his eyes, and cutting open his hand, thinking of the coven and what it had meant to him and how they helped in the past, he whispered to himself.

A time for everything and everything in its place. May the Angel of Destiny guide you beyond this impasse. Traverse in peace on the other side of the veil. So mote it be.

He let the water flow over his cut a few times before getting up. After another look around, he headed in the direction of his car.

PostPosted: March 31st, 2017, 10:32 pm 

Administrator

Items:

"I stand by my point." While the human did whatever, he went and took a shower. Angrily, he scrubbed the gore off of himself and sourly glared at himself in the mirror. While the new vessel was nice on the eyes, all he could see was the bastard summoning him.

Huffing, he dressed in clean clothes. It wasn't as him he could do anything about it. The binding also bound him to the body. Glowering, he spotted Sam and stalked after him. While in the shower, he'd dug through the body's memories. Not much had been known about the man beyond a name.

PostPosted: March 31st, 2017, 10:37 pm 

Administrator

Items:

He caught sight of Eury as he passed the house again, and scowled at seeing them cleaned, but said nothing as he made his way to the where the cars were parked. Thankfully no one had blocked him so he could leave with only minimal issue of driving around the cars.

He sent Eury a glare as he got inside his car. "Sit in the back and be quiet," he told him. He didn't trust it to send it off on his own but he didn't care to talk either. The ride home was going to be long.

PostPosted: March 31st, 2017, 10:44 pm 

Administrator

Items:

Before getting into the back, he adjusted the passenger side seat to give himself a bit of leg room. "How about you choke on a bag of dicks?" Huffing, he settled into the back and glared at Sam's head. Quietly, he shuffled through various means of killing the other.

He couldn't kill the man by his own hand or powers, but indirectly was still fair game. For now, he'd bide his time.

PostPosted: April 1st, 2017, 12:18 am 

Administrator

Items:

Sam gritted his teeth, not about to start arguing when who knew how long this would last, and just tugged on the bind between them in response to him mouthing off. Turning on the car, he drove out of the property, towards the highway.

After about forty minutes, he pulled out his cellphone, and called the cops, telling them that he suspected something happening at the address due to a phone call but not knowing what. Sam hung up and rubbed his face as he drove.

PostPosted: April 1st, 2017, 12:22 am 

Administrator

Items:

He made a low hiss at the tugging. At this point, it'd be a battle of the wills, and he knew it. Still, he also knew that he was weakened from losing his body, and the binding. Let Sam think he had won, for now. The real battle would start when he was back to full strength.

Of course, he also knew that in this day and age, it would also be quite easy to get the other man killed. Kill a bunch of people in a crowded area, pin it on the other. However, the was the issue of morals. Those people would be innocent, unlikely the coven of witches. Wasn't that a pain?

PostPosted: April 1st, 2017, 1:16 am 

Administrator

Items:

Sam honestly had no idea what he was supposed to do now. He had a hell of a lot of research to do into the binding spell, since he hadn't expected to use it, and wanted to know everything. And there was no telling how soon the other could wiggle free from it.

He was by no means interested in keeping anyone on a leash but if it meant he survived he couldn't really complain. He wasn't even entirely sure what Eury was, except a dragon, in some way, shape, or form.

After another twenty minutes, he finally pulled up to his place. It was a small one bedroom he could barely afford to have but it had a lot more space than an apartment would. And it meant he could fill the place with plants. He shut off his car and got out, slinging his bag over his shoulder. "Out, let's go."

The front porch was decked out with wild array of plants and herbs, leading to the side of the house, where the kitchen was. Sam opened the door, toying off his shoes once inside, and held the door open for the other man with a raised eyebrow. He had a ton of protections on the place. Most of it was put up with his own magic but there were other things too-stuff he'd learned growing up as a hunter that even a lot of witches didn't know.

PostPosted: April 1st, 2017, 1:24 am 

Administrator

Items:

"Go choke on something large and phallic." He grumped as he got out of the car, stalking after Sam. Grudgingly, he looked around. The place wasn't terrible, but he usually hung out in better places. Though, he supposed that the other man didn't have the money he did.

However, his thoughts came to an abrupt stop when he smacked into an invisible barrier in the door way. "What the shit." The tone of his voice was half surprise and half accusatory. This was not something that he was used to. Squinting slightly, he poked at the air and frowned when it connected with the invisible energy barrier.

"The fuck is this bullshit."

PostPosted: April 1st, 2017, 1:46 am 

Administrator

Items:

"You kind of ruined my plans to do that by killing my friends," he snarled back, but he realized that it was obviously just a reaction to being given an order. He figured it was better than the alternative. He'd let them sulk however they wanted for now.

Sam wasn't sure if he'd be able to cross but he was pretty thorough when it came to his wards. He didn't just unnecessarily put up anything he found but he did have more than was probably necessary or common. That said, it was different with Eury, because he wasn't entirely sure what he was.

"Of course you're not allowed in.."

Frowning at the space between them, he immediately discarded a few things as the cause, including the salt line. He squinted at it, putting his hand up, and sighed. Great. One of the sigils or rune spells. This was going to take a way.

He went for the stuff under the carpet first, and when those didn't work, he turned to the door hinge itself. After a few more tries, he kneeled by the side of the wall to check a rune, then waved at him to move aside so he could check outside. Getting frustrated, after a few more, he finally landed on the rune spell he had tied to the obsidian rocks nearby.

He sat back on his heels once he chipped off part of it and he was allowed through.

PostPosted: April 1st, 2017, 1:51 am 

Administrator

Items:

He crossed his arms and watched Sam work to figure out the issue. Were it any other situation, he would have been impressed with how thorough the other man was. Still, he couldn't help but be irritated at the notion that there was someone who knew how to ward a place against him. That information didn't sit well with him.

As soon as he felt the barrier fall, he slinked into the house, immediately picking up the odors of different dried herbs. Such was common with witches. The various herbal plants that dotted the small living area also didn't surprise him. While many of the flowering plants could be ornamental, they also had magical uses.

With a muffled grump, he flopped down on the couch.

PostPosted: April 1st, 2017, 2:03 am 

Administrator

Items:

Of course having gotten rid of a considerable amount of his wards meant that Sam didn't feel comfortable now. He glared at him when he flopped down on the couch but just went to the kitchen to grab what he needed to fix everything.

It took just as long, if not longer, to set it all back up. He dropped the obsidian rock on Eury's head on his way back to the kitchen to wash his hands. Then, he came back over to sit on the armchair, and stared at him.

PostPosted: April 1st, 2017, 2:09 am 

Administrator

Items:

The rock suddenly dropping onto his head made him flinch in both surprise and pain. A glare was sent at Sam before he picked up the rock to examine what was on it. Yes, that was definitely his symbol worked into a protection symbol. After a moment, he glanced up at Sam.

"What." While he wore the face of Marcus, he obviously wasn't the same person. There was a different sensation from him. Lightly he tossed the rock onto the coffee table and returned Sam's stare.

PostPosted: April 1st, 2017, 2:27 am 

Administrator

Items:

Sam grabbed the rock when it was thrown on the coffee table. He remembered when he'd set it up. Not too long after finding that protection spell he'd said today, actually. It wasn't all in one book but the symbol had been for something dubbed the Dark Dragon. Specifically guarding against it and it's worshippers.

And while he was by no means the type to cast stones, considering dark magic wasn't necessarily inherently bad, it didn't mean it wasn't dangerous. The moon and stars were just as capable of harm as the sun. Magic was always dangerous, it just depended on who was wielding it. It was best to have all protections one could have.

Rubbing the broken rune with his fingers, Sam looked away from him, and shook his head.

"What are you?"

PostPosted: April 1st, 2017, 2:31 am 

Administrator

Items:

He scoffed at the question. Did Sam seriously think he was just going to tell him everything? Even when he was working with someone, he tended to be secretive about himself and only dropping subtle hints. "Something that you can never control." Which was true. He would fight tooth and nail for his freedom.

But it went beyond that. The darkness, shadows, and chaos...Those were things that couldn't be controlled. They could be harnessed temporarily, but never truly controlled and those who harnessed them had to tread carefully that they weren't turned on.

PostPosted: April 1st, 2017, 2:51 am 

Administrator

Items:

He supposed he deserved just a vague answer considering his own vague question. It didnt help though. He really didn't care to tip toe around any of it.

"Tell me what and who you are," he ordered, gritting his teeth. He could feel that it was powerful, he already knew they couldnt be controlled, but it was clearly a matter of just prolonging things whilst he looked for a way out.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 275 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next