[r. Jaded] Jump Into the Sun [18+] Time Keeps Rolling On

Nuclear wastelands, hoards of zombies and thriving colonisation. From hi-tech, gleaming space stations to gritty cargo ships and struggling outer planets. Sentient machines, androids and robotic limbs. Apocalyptic landscapes and genetic engineering. Welcome to the future.
Forum rules
All roleplay posts must be at least twelve sentences long (about two paragraphs) and have a rating in the title.

Suggested Ratings:

G: Open to everyone
PG-13: 13 years old and up
R: 15 years old and up
NC-17/18+: Restricted to Adults ONLY

Viewer discretion is advised
Board Rules apply in all forums.
Master of Shadows
Site Admin

[r. Jaded] Jump Into the Sun [18+] Time Keeps Rolling On

Post by Master of Shadows » Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:04 am

Darkness gonna break your light
No prayer gonna part my thunder

Centuries passed in the blink of an eye and over the millennia the names of friends became little more than footnotes in a rather thick tome. Lovers, wives, and husbands were ingrained into his memory for much, much longer than friends or acquaintances, but they too eventually faded. It was an unfortunate part of being as long lived as Eurynome was, but he had adapted to it eons ago. He had seen the rise and fall of countless empires, lived thousands upon thousands of lives, and watched races rise from the primordial good to take flight to the stars above.

Truthfully, Eury didn’t know if he had once belonged to such a race. If he did, his kind was few and far between since he had never met another. Perhaps others had died out and he was so ancient that he couldn’t remember the events that had transpired to cause it. Regardless, it was something he couldn’t change so there was no point in being concerned with it. Besides that, he had other things to be concerned with, namely getting to the spaceport on time.

As he was prone to do, he had shed his former life much like a snake might shed its skin. A new face and a new life that he had yet to craft for himself. Prior to the advent of technology, it was easy to forge paperwork and new lives. Now, it took a bit more work and of course money…But almost everything could be achieved with the right person and enough money changing hands. Lightly, he hoisted the bag slung across his shoulder into a more comfortable position as he followed the current of moving bodies.

A part of his felt disdain for the mortals around him. They were comparable to ants or some other form of insect life. In the scheme of things, they were insignificant and unlikely to make a mark on history. Many would live out their lives and not even qualify to be a footnote in galactic history. One could die and while those close would mourn, the world as a whole wouldn’t care. Some weren’t lucky enough to even have people around to mourn.

A female voice over the PA system broke him out of his somewhat dark and bitter thoughts. Frowning, he glanced up to listen, taking note of the ship designations which were about to depart. His wasn’t on the list, so he was still on time. As he continued past the different ship docks, the crowd thinned and made things a bit less claustrophobic. Frankly, he didn’t know where this ship was even destined; he’d simply picked one at random and booked a trip.

I don’t care anymore if I let you down.
I believe that I need to be free.

Quite honestly, with all the grumblings he was seeing with this particular planet, anywhere else would be a wise idea. He’d seen the signed countless times before and was willing to put money down on there being some sort of civil revolt in the next six months to a year. While he wasn’t opposed to getting involved in wars, he just wasn’t interested in it this time around. It wouldn’t be for a good cause, anyway.

With a sigh, he finally found the ship dock that he needed. From what he could see, the ship wasn’t fancy, but it also wasn’t a broken-down hunk of junk. It was functional. Really, that was the only thing that mattered. The droid by the docking ramp announced, in a mechanical voice, that boarding was starting. It seemed that he had arrived just in time. People and aliens around him began gathering their items up while he patiently waited. He was spared a few glances, likely due to his height. Only the strange insectoid alien in the corner was taller than him. It was a habit of his to adopt taller forms; they weren’t as cramped.

He soon joined the crowd that was boarding, noting more people were filing into the waiting area. While they all had assigned quarters for the trip, he wasn’t too keen on standing in line for a long time. The vessel was still fresh and he was still settling in. Despite his experience with such things, there were always some type of hiccup ranging from benign to borderline embarrassing. Right now, the last thing he wanted to do was make a scene and attract attention to himself.

The droid scanned his boarding chip and paused a hair longer than he was comfortable with, but finally waved him on board. Suppressing a sigh, Eury continued on and glanced at the chip in his hand in hopes of figuring out where his quarters were. SB-809. Starboard, level eight, room nine. That seemed simple enough. If he was lucky, he’d be able to patch into the ships’ system and get a damn map. Slowly, he turned a corner and blinked a few times at the holographic map. Or, he could just gawk at that for a while…

Exile…It takes your mind, again.
You got sucker’s luck, have you given up?
War is coming swiftly... ..You don't know my power... I will resist and bite.

TheJadedFeather

Re: [r. Jaded] Jump Into the Sun [18+] Time Keeps Rolling On

Post by TheJadedFeather » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:29 pm

As Aervora pulled her hood down, with parts of her hair still wet from the gloomy rain, she froze, as she stood before a holo-map of the ship. A tall figure had walked up beside her, taking a closer look of the map, and while ordinarily she would have just thought the person was conventionally handsome and moved on, it was their soulscape that make her freeze on the spot.

Whatever was beside her was no ordinary creature. It was an ancient being, likely as old as some planets. It had a disturbingly dark soulscape too, nearly as lightless as the heart of a black hole. However, she could see... something in that darkness, so kind of swirl or energy or... she didn't truly know what.

Ugh, just my luck, she internally cursed. She was already a fugitive from the authorities on this planet (given her horribly botched diplomacy mission), and now she wondered if she was just going to make it to the next port station, given there was this... entity on board. However, she barely sensed any emotion from the creature, and while that would ordinarily unease her, in this case she felt it might be to her advantage.

Just keep ignoring me... she hopefully thought, while she tried to wrangle her fear into check and not look like a frightened feline creature; her hair was standing on end, and it made her look even more wild and haggard than usual.
I think there's a flaw in my code...
These voices, they won't leave me alone Well, my heart is gold and my hands are cold.

Master of Shadows
Site Admin

Post by Master of Shadows » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:41 pm

Overall, the ship wasn't too different from most he had been on. There was the typical areas off limits to passengers, namely engineering and the bridge. There areas where passengers were allowed was brightly lit up. Unsurprisingly, there were only a handful of areas: the living quarters, the dining area, and what he assumed was some sort of observation deck. Not very many places in the scheme of things, but this wasn't exactly a cruise yacht. Still, it was large enough that he was likely to get lost the first few times he meandered down to the dining area.

After a moment he took notice of the female alien next to him. While normally he wouldn't really care, this one looked particularly unsettled. Eury was a curious being by nature who was more than happy to wander an abandoned planet for years in order to mentally catalogue all the unique sights. Once a few long moments had passed, he spoke. "Not a fan of traveling?" His voice was soft and deep, the accent one completely foreign to this planet. Certain syllables stressed in odd ways. Still, the tone of his voice was of idle curiosity with a touch of amusement. He had no interest in the meek creature next to him besides benign pleasantries.

TheJadedFeather

Post by TheJadedFeather » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:02 pm

Dammit, Aervora thought, as she curtly responded, "Not when I'll die here if I stay," her voice melodic and clear (as many orvunorai sounded in other languages). Her ears were drawn against her head tightly, while her irises began to glow involuntarily, as they often do when she was extremely nervous... or felt she was in danger.

She wondered what Ori or Ben would do in her place... Ori would likely just growl and walk away, her golden eyes glowing fiercely in warning. And Ben would probably talk the entity's ear off, with his rose pink eyes sharp and bright- he did that when he was scared.

But Aervora was neither Ori nor Ben. She was a diplomat, and futhermore an explorer; she was curious and inquisitive by nature. And as most of her screamed to run away, one small part of her whispered talk.

"Turns out fascism is simply the hottest trend that can't be ignored right now," she quietly but heatedly said, drawing on her seething contempt for all her wasted diplomacy with the various authorities and revoltists for courage. Neither side had listened to her, and while the authorities were better than the fascist revoltists, after being framed for murder, their "amicable" relationship ended.
Last edited by TheJadedFeather on Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These voices, they won't leave me alone Well, my heart is gold and my hands are cold.

Master of Shadows
Site Admin

Post by Master of Shadows » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:44 pm

"I suspect that'll be the case for many. It's a powder keg waiting to explode and too many people are waving around fire." He'd seen it many times before, and sometimes it could be stopped before it could reach the tipping point. Unfortunately, this planet had moved past that tipping point and was in a slow fall that would only pick up speed as time went on. He glanced over at the being next to him, noting the glow to her eyes. Interesting. His own eyes were simply a plain brown with nothing remarkable about them. In fact, everything about him besides his height was plain and ordinary. Something that had been carefully crafted to further hide the entity that resided inside the body.

Softly, he chuckled. The sound was human enough but there was a faint sound to it, almost like rolling thunder in the distance. "Politics never really change. They always swing from one extreme to another and never linger in the center for long. You'd think that they'd open up the history archives and do a bit of reading, but..." He made a face as if to say 'oh well'.

The faint vibration of the floor indicated that the ship engines were coming online and a second later, this was announced over the ship intercom. Eury barely paid it attention, finding the female in front of him with her choice words about the political climate much more interesting. "Politician, then?" A pause for a brief second, "No, decidedly not. You lack the pomp and self importance that most have. Diplomat?" A slight eyebrow raise.

TheJadedFeather

Post by TheJadedFeather » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:33 pm

Aervora lightly snorted, one ear flicking at his apt guess. "Hardly. Just... another refugee, I suppose," she lied, and yet... not. Some diplomat she was, after screwing everything up...

By the Song, even his laughter sounds... terrifying, Aervora nervously thought, her sensitive ears picking up undertones of a deep, rumbling sound - like some great beast growling in the distance.

"We should find our quarters," she icily decided, as she pulled out her chip boarding pass, with her room number clearly stating SB-810 on it, and interacted with the holo-map to coordinate a path from here to her room.

Master of Shadows
Site Admin

Post by Master of Shadows » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:50 pm

The slight eyebrow raise remained for a fraction of a second at her denial but then his expression shifted into pure amusement. "If you say so." The tone of his voice said that he absolutely, positively, didn't believe her. Crafting a lie that would fool a being whose entire existence was based around carefully formed lies was very hard indeed. Few knew the truth about him and those who did tended to be very close to him. Everyone else was fed a combination of curated lies and half truths. For most, keeping up lies that could span a decade or more would be nearly impossible. Eventually, the lies would begin to unravel. Thanks to his long life and good memory, it was a great deal easier. Of course, there would always be minor inconsistencies, but those were easily waved away as 'you must have misheard me'.

"Hm. You're probably right. Don't particularly feel like standing around all day." He offered her a slight head bow as a parting gesture, "Don't get lost." Then, he turned away and started for the elevator. While his final statement could have easily been misconstrued as a subtle threat, it was far from such. Upon reaching the elevator, he pressed the button for the right floor. Unfortunately, while reached the right floor, he was on the wrong side, which meant navigating the corridors until he finally reached the correct room. Lightly, he swiped the chip over the sensor and waited for the ship computer to think about his request.

TheJadedFeather

Post by TheJadedFeather » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:07 pm

Aervora's ears flicked again, her hair poofing slightly at his words. Don't get lost... she remembered, and while she would just think it was a playful tease from anybody else, this creature wasn't anybody she'd ever met before. She sighed before stuffing her chip into her pocket, and taking the elevator to her floor. It was a two-door elevator, so she exited onto the starboard side of the floor, only to see... that never ending darkness of a soulscape, trapped within a seemingly inconspicuous body.

Fuck, she internally cursed, while quickly walking past and swiping her card over the door sensor. She couldn't have chosen a more worse spot too, considering her room was at the very end of the hall, in the corner, and the... creature's room blocked hers off from all the other rooms. She had chosen it for privacy, considering she usually sang or hummed quietly during her meditation, and she didn't want to draw any attention, but now... well, it was too late to go back now, she realized, as she stood next to the towering creature; and considering she was already 6 feet tall, the feeling was still unpleasantly novel.

Master of Shadows
Site Admin

Post by Master of Shadows » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:26 pm

He barely regarded her as she zipped past him, seemingly focused on the door sensor, but that wasn't to say that his mind wasn't churning. Honestly, he suspected that there was more to the whole idea of being concerned about being killed. Certainly, that was more than enough to alarm all but the most foolish. However, it was her movements around him. While he wasn't familiar with her species, he briefly wondered if there wasn't some sort of innate ability. It wouldn't be the strangest thing; just look at him.

Most people didn't like his height. It unnerved them. He supposed that since he was a full half foot taller than her, it could be a reason. Perhaps she simply wasn't used to being around a 'human' who was taller than her. Yet...That didn't quite seem to be it. The door sensor beeped a confirmation and drew him out of his musings. Ah well, he could muse over it later. Opening the door, he stepped inside, then locked the door behind him.

The room was plain and outfitted with only the basic needs. A bed, a table, and a chair. To the side was a small alcove bathroom, and thankfully the bathroom wasn't shared. Dumping his bag on the bed, he moved to window and peered out. It was bit of an interesting sight with the planet slowly moving away from them and the inky darkness of space broken up by pin pricks of light from distant planets.

At some point, he'd need to get food. The bodily processes for this vessel were only just starting to wake up. That being said, he wasn't keen on fighting the rush of people going to fetch food. Perhaps waiting for a bit would be wise.

TheJadedFeather

Post by TheJadedFeather » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:59 pm

The creature entered his room after the door confirmed his pass, and as he closed his door, Aevora released a breath she didn't know she was holding; she felt thankful she couldn't sense soulscapes through walls.

With a clean beep, she was in her room. It was fairly bare, but it wasn't anything she'd complain about; compared to where she'd been sleeping for the past couple of days, the space and privacy was downright luxurious.

Putting down her belongings, she decided she could take a bit of time for meditation before going down to the dining hall. Settling on the end of the bed in a cross legged position, with her position in the room chosen for maximum reverberation, Aervora began to hum softly, channeling her fears and stresses and processing them, before letting them go, letting them melt away like spring snow.

---

Aervora's humming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtlUiRoQVhI

Master of Shadows
Site Admin

Post by Master of Shadows » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:15 pm

After pulling a datapad out of the bag, he laid down on the bed and nudged the bag off the bed with his foot. He ignored the soft thump it made as it hit the floor; there wasn't anything breakable in it. Lazily, he flipped through the different programs on the datapad before finally bringing up the galactic news. There, he thumbed through a few different stories before becoming aware of something musical. Blinking a few times, he tilted his head to listen and try to identify the source. After a moment, he figured out that it was coming from the room over where the strange alien had gone. Huh. It reminded him of something monks or religious people would do.

The humming wasn't really loud enough to be a bother and so he tuned it out while he read. What finally disturbed him was his body's decision that it was suddenly hungry. Rolling his eyes a bit, he put the datapad to the side and pushed himself up to his feet. Well, hopefully he wouldn't get lost trying to find the dining area. Exiting his room, he backtracked back to the elevator. The dining hall had been on the third floor..

TheJadedFeather

Post by TheJadedFeather » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:44 pm

Aervora had eventually stopped humming, her meditation only lasting 15 minutes, and by that time, her stomach was starting to feel noticeably empty. Stupid fast metabolism, Aevora complained, and while she had a few snacks in her travel pack, she really just wanted a hot meal.

Taking a deep breath, as she frankly didn't want to leave the room, she walked down the hall into the elevator; she had already memorized the areas where she could go on the ship, so she knew the dining hall was on the third floor. And just as luck would have it, before the elevator doors could close... he walked inside.

By the Song, I am fucking cursed, Aervora internally seethed.

Master of Shadows
Site Admin

Post by Master of Shadows » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:57 pm

Meanwhile, Eury wasn't the least bit bothered. He only saw it as mere coincidence. Their rooms were right next to each other, so it'd make perfect sense that they'd cross paths especially when going to a common area as the dining hall. He glanced at the floor selection panel and saw that the third floor had already been selected. Beyond giving he a slight nod of acknowledgement since they had briefly talked earlier, he just ignored her. He had nothing to say at the moment and unless she spoke, there wasn't any reason to strike up a conversation. That being said, he wasn't oblivious to the tension in the elevator.

So, as soon as the elevator doors opened, he stepped out and bee-lined it to where the dining hall was at to investigate the food. There was a wide variety of foods, catering to all diet preferences. There were various plants, different meats, soups, pastas, and even a few insect choices. While nothing was extreme fresh and it had all been frozen prior to being reheated, it was still a decent selection of food for the hungry. Snagging a plate, he dished himself up with various meats and a helping of some sea food pasta. However, anything that would be overly sweet was ignored.

While he was very much capable of eating almost anything, his dietary preferences almost always veered towards the carnivorous when given a chance. After fetching a drink of water, he selected a seat by the window. It'd take the ship another day or so to reach the hyperspace ring, but he was fine with that. More time for him to settle into the vessel.

TheJadedFeather

Post by TheJadedFeather » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:19 pm

Aervora's hair nearly stood on end during the entire elevator ride, as the air suddenly felt to thick to breathe in properly. While the elevators were spacious, their closed off nature made it easy to pick up soulscapes in greater detail and subtlety, and the creature masquerading as a man was no exception. Something was swirling in that great, deep darkness, and it made Aervora want to close her eyes and wish she'd wake up from such a terrible nightmare.

However, just like that, it was over, as the "man" promptly exited the elevator once the doors opened. Breathing another sigh of relief, Aervora got her food from the thankfully wide selection provided by the crew; seafood pasta and various vegetable salads.

With her food in tow on a tray, Aervora scanned the crowd to note where the "man" was sitting, and taking as far away a spot as possible. She eventually selected a seat in the corner of the room, with a nice window view of space, and began to settle in, taking a couple bites.

However, to add to her string of wonderful luck, a group of men made up of various races sauntered over to her corner. Their souls were thickly glowing with amusement and lust as they surrounded her, before one of them, a jackal-looking man, flirted, "Hey, watchu you doin by yourself? Shouldn't a pretty girl like you have some company?"

Aervora gave a warning growl, with bared fangs, ears flat against her head, and eyes glowing like cold starlight, before answering, "I'm alone because I chose to be and no, to answer your questions. Now go away before I make you."

"Ooooooh!" they jeered, souls pulsing with excitement. A wide, muscular male, with giant horns and tusks, leaned on the wall right next to her, as he purred, "Are you sure about that little lady?"

Aervora abruptly stood, knocking her chair back as she lifted her chin and got right into the slightly taller male's face, spitting "I could take you."

Master of Shadows
Site Admin

Post by Master of Shadows » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:40 pm

Honestly, it wasn't too surprising that some of the passengers would start up some trouble. Given how the dining room wasn't too crowded to begin with, he doubted that anyone would step in. People tended to want to mind their own business and right now he was no exception. Still, he wasn't really one to stand back idly in situations that could go south. While he didn't doubt the claims of being able to take the men in a fight, he also suspected that they would turn her defiant statement into something lewd. Plus, he was wanting a quiet meal, not one that involved listening to the incessant yapping of some ill mannered whelp.

The nice thing about it all was that he didn't even have to get up to get involved. Such was the benefit of being so closely tied to the shadows, and the shadows were everywhere. Lightly, he speared a chunk of meat on his plate while the shadows gave a painful squeeze to some unimportant internal organ that the tusked male had. Not fatal by any means, but sure as hell unpleasant.

TheJadedFeather

Post by TheJadedFeather » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:59 pm

The tusked male was about to purr something back, his soul rocketing on high from lust, before he suddenly clutched his gut in pain. "What the fuck?" he growled, before snarling at her, "What the fuck are you doing to me?!"

"Nothing! I'm not doing anything!" Aervora exclaimed, taking a step back in alarm. His soulscape, around his upper abdomen, was pulsating great pain, and she had no idea what could be causing it (and it certainly wasn't her, she wasn't even in a life threatening situation to give her cause to soul influence).

A insect-like humanoid screed to the right of her, with his translator belatedly ringing, "Liar, your eyes are glowing, you freaky bitch!" before nearly lunging at her. However, he stopped in his tracks too, clutching his thorax and making the most awful sound.

The other men showed similar pain and cries, and after a few moments, the jackel alien said, "Let's go, she's a fucking witch!" before they quickly limped away. Aervora looked around to see what might be the source of the mens' pain, before her gaze finally fell back onto him, with him looking right back at her, in the corner of the dining hall. Could he have...? she began to wonder.

Master of Shadows
Site Admin

Post by Master of Shadows » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:16 am

He would be lying if he tried to claim that he didn't have a sadistic streak to him. However, he tended to reserve it for those who he considered to be trash, and this little group certainly qualified. His attention swiftly shifted to the insectoid, distantly recognizing him from the waiting area. Like the first male, he quickly honed in on a non-vital organ. However, the sound that creature was a great deal more grating to his ear that he had anticipated. When it was clear to him that the uninjured ones didn't appreciate the treatment their friends had gotten, he simply grunted and did it to the rest of them.

Eury did want a peaceful dinner, after all.

He watched the group leave before focusing back on her. His expression was akin to an annoyed predator who had just swatted some annoying scavenger. Truthfully, the notion wasn't far from reality. With the dining hall once more at peace, his attention went back to his food and he began to quietly eat once more.

TheJadedFeather

Post by TheJadedFeather » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:38 am

Aervora looked at the "man" for a moment longer after his gaze broke away, with the entity's soul oscillating a mixture of pleasure and annoyance, before it turned back into the current emotion of calm. Aervora then sat back down, frowning. Maybe it was him... only a master soul influencer could so precisely inflict pain like that, and there are no orvunorai apart from myself on board... she mulled over, as she began to eat more quickly. Her appetite had mostly died after the whole ordeal, and she just want to finish dinner and get back to her room.

After finishing dinner and placing her tray in the assigned drop-off for cleaning, Aervora went back to her room. However, she didn't go back inside. She suspected the "man" had something to do with what happened, as she believed he was probably the only one capable of such a feat on this entire ship. Hence, wanting some answers, she stood outside and waited for that dark, frightening soul to return.

Master of Shadows
Site Admin

Post by Master of Shadows » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:46 am

He wasn't in any hurry to finish eating and wanted to enjoy his meal. Most were too busy with their lives to stop and enjoy the finer things in life. He supposed it made sense with their short life spans, but stopping the rush for even an hour could be nice. Eury wasn't entirely sure when the female alien had left, but he only noticed her disappearance once he had gotten up to put away his tray. He made a soft noise under his breath and began meandering his way back to his quarters. Much like his meal, he wasn't in much of a hurry and took his time.

However, upon returning to his quarters, he noted that she was lingering in the hallway. At this point, he doubted that it was only coincidence, still, he didn't do much beyond giving her a passing glance as he waited for the door to unlock.

TheJadedFeather

Post by TheJadedFeather » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:51 am

Aervora's hair fluffed up defensively as the "man" had finally returned to his quarters, placing his chip before the door sensor and waiting for the it to open.

Gathering her courage, she took a step closer towards him and simply asked, "Was that you? Were you the one who caused those males to feel all that pain?"

Master of Shadows
Site Admin

Post by Master of Shadows » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:59 am

It was rare for people to be so bold to directly ask him such a question, and it caused him to pause what he was doing to look at her. He considered her question for a moment and weighed the risks of telling her. It was likely that she had some unusual abilities herself to be able to accurately pick out what he had done. He also doubted that there would be much risk to himself since it was very unlikely that anyone would believe her should she speak about it to others. Still, he really wasn't one that liked talking about himself, especially to complete strangers.

Finally, he frowned slightly, "Yes." The door chirped and unlocked, but he didn't go inside. For the moment, he wanted to see how this would pan out.

TheJadedFeather

Post by TheJadedFeather » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:10 am

Aervora's ears were fully tilted forward, her slit pupils now wide with focus. She knew he was telling the truth, even the greatest of liars couldn't usually fool an orvunorai's senses, given how they tapped directly into the nervous system.

"Why?" she pressed further. "I could have handled them, there was no need for you to get involved."

Master of Shadows
Site Admin

Post by Master of Shadows » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:16 am

But could they detect when the puppet was being told to lie? After all, in his natural state Eury had no nervous system to speak of and the body he resided in was brain dead. It never had that spark to be truly alive. In any case, he found it a bit amusing on how that had suddenly gotten her attention. It was a bit puzzling, but he felt that he was slowly putting together the pieces of the mystery. Still, he was missing a few bits of information.

"Because they were disturbing my meal." For the most part, anything he did was to benefit himself, but he wasn't going to go out of his way to cause harm to others. If something he did benefited someone else, then so be it.

TheJadedFeather

Post by TheJadedFeather » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:30 am

Aervora sighed, realizing her point was losing steam fast. "Well... thank you," she sincerely said. "But..." she interrupted, just as it seemed he was about to leave, "What even are you? And don't say human. You are not human, that I am sure of."

At this point, Aervora held her breath, her hair standing on end like a wild mane. She was scared of his answer, but she simply had to know.

Master of Shadows
Site Admin

Post by Master of Shadows » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:38 am

Since that seemed to be the end of it, he turned to go into his room, but paused when she spoke again. Of course, she would ask the one question that he didn't have an answer to. He could tell her his traits and physical attributes all day long, but not tell her what he was with any degree of certainty. Despite all of his years and all his knowledge, he was no closer to know what he was than the first moment he woke. "I simply am."

That was really the best answer he could say. He simply existed. How could he know what his race was, if he even had one, if he had never met another? For all he knew, he could simply b some sort of strange aberration that shouldn't exist.