[jay & marz] My Heart and Lute [18+]

Messy housemates, long hours in the office and nights soaked in alcohol. A friendly hook-up at a bar or dinner with a blind date. Any other slice-of-life roleplays go here.
Forum rules
All roleplay posts must be at least twelve sentences long (about two paragraphs) and have a rating in the title.

Suggested Ratings:

G: Open to everyone
PG-13: 13 years old and up
R: 15 years old and up
NC-17/18+: Restricted to Adults ONLY

Viewer discretion is advised
Board Rules apply in all forums.
notevenloss
Site Admin

Re: [jay & marz] My Heart and Lute [18+]

Post by notevenloss » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:15 am

doesn't matter if i knew you before.

Kael shrugged, taking another bite of his sandwich and chewing thoughtfully. He wanted to be supportive for Aviel, but he didn't know what would be best. After a moment, he typed again.

i won't be home in time for the first couple of meetings probably, but if you want someone to go to these classes with you, i can go. and for the classes i can't attend, you can put me on video like this and i can learn with you.
"Marla's philosophy of life, she told me, is that she can die at any moment.
The tragedy of her life is that she doesn't."

notevenloss
Site Admin

Post by notevenloss » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:15 am

Aviel just pursed his lips at that. Actually, it kind of did. He didn't have any expectations. He couldn't help but feel weird around his other friends, who expected him to get over it all, and just keep going as if nothing had changed. And while he her wanted to do the same, it wasn't that easy. His friends tended to even forget that he couldn't hear them.

Kael's suggestion made Aviel pause in thought. That was the first time anyone had suggested it, although he knew if Mike was around, that he would have insisted. He chewed on his lip. Seriously? Wouldn't that be boring? Because of course that was the concern.

notevenloss
Site Admin

Post by notevenloss » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:16 am

Shaking his head, Kael ate a chicken nugget before typing again.

nah, man. i think it'd be pretty cool. and it'd give us another way to talk. nothing wrong with that, right?

He smiled a little.

just think about it and let me know. ok?

Kael looked up, sipping his drink as he watched the people at the counter. He was kind of lonely. Talking to Avi helped, but he knew when they stopped talking, he'd be alone in his hotel room while everyone else had someone to fuck. Maybe he should find someone for the night, too...

But that just seemed like so much work.

notevenloss
Site Admin

Post by notevenloss » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:16 am

"Hmf." It would make it easier to talk. Typing all the time was tedious and he tended to have to cut his words short. And considering he was always an actually talkative person, that was saying something. He supposed that it would be easier if he didn't have the classes alone.

I guess not..

whatever

He watched him quietly, tugging at a lock of hair that fell from his pony tail. So where you headed next? Back to your hotel?

notevenloss
Site Admin

Post by notevenloss » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:17 am

Kael's attention returned to the phone when he heard the ding of more messages. He read them, then shrugged.

Dunno. I was thinking of maybe stopping by a liquor store and then going to my hotel. Or maybe liquor and trying to pick someone up.

He might as well be honest, right? The fact that he was thinking of picking a guy up didn't need to be mentioned. It wasn't something he really told people about, after all.

but i don't know if i feel like going through the hassle.

notevenloss
Site Admin

It was a little funny to watch someone read his messages but he'd gotten used to seeing the subtle signs of Karl's expressions as he read. He generally automatically could tell how he was feeling about it.

Quirking an eyebrow, Aviel crossed his arms in front of the laptop, before reaching out with one hand to type.

Getting laid isn't supposed to be a hassle.

He made a face. Not that I know anything about it. I haven't gotten any in about 9 months.

notevenloss
Site Admin

yeah i know. but it feels like one sometimes.

Kael smirked as he read Aviel's latter comment. His first instinct was to say something like "I can take care of that for you," but he immediately thought better of it. He didn't even know if Aviel liked guys in that way, and he didn't want to fuck up a friendship. Besides, that would've just been weird. Right?

you need to get laid, dude. i bet you'll find some hot girl at the asl class and be fucking in no time.

notevenloss
Site Admin

Post by notevenloss » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:18 am

yeah i know. but it feels like one sometimes.

Kael smirked as he read Aviel's latter comment. His first instinct was to say something like "I can take care of that for you," but he immediately thought better of it. He didn't even know if Aviel liked guys in that way, and he didn't want to fuck up a friendship. Besides, that would've just been weird. Right?

you need to get laid, dude. i bet you'll find some hot girl at the asl class and be fucking in no time.

notevenloss
Site Admin

Post by notevenloss » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:18 am

Then you're not lookin in the right places

Seriously, he really didn't think that Kael would have that hard of a time. He was gorgeous, a musician, and traveled all over the world. He should have girls lining up around the block to show him around by now.

Wrinkling his nose, Aviel shook his head. Doubt it. I'm rusty. I tried asking this dude who comes to the bookstore all the time to get coffee, and he all but laughed in my face.

notevenloss
Site Admin

Post by notevenloss » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:19 am

rusty, right.

He was about to put something else when--wait. He reread the comment, then read it a third time. He asked a dude, huh? So he was... Kael bit his lip absently to hold back a smile. It was good to know that he was at least bi, though he wouldn't say anything about that yet. He didn't think about the fact that Aviel was probably scrutinizing his facial expressions like he normally did.

he sounds like a dick. you can do better anyway.

notevenloss
Site Admin

Post by notevenloss » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:19 am

Aviel's eyebrows furrowed at the other's expression, but since he replied so readily, it didn't seem connected. And it wasn't a bad a reaction to his comment, so he didn't care to make a fuss.

The comment made him snort. "Uhuh." He isn't obligated to be into me. Just don't know what the hell I'm doing wrong. Well, Tessa said he wasn't smiling anymore, like he used to. That might have something to do with it.

Anyway, we're talking about you. It can't be THAT hard to find someone in NY at this time, if you want to. But if not, I'll keep you company. Just demand that you steal one of those really soft hotel towels for me. He tried not to laugh, and it was pretty obvious.

notevenloss
Site Admin

Post by notevenloss » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:20 am

no shit, no one's obligated to be into anyone. but he's missing out on someone pretty great.

He shrugged, taking another big bite of his sandwich as Aviel typed. The joke made him grin.

you'd like the pillows better. they're fluffy as fuck. amazing. and it probably isnt, but idk if i want to deal with even starting to look. you probably need to get up early, too. i might just go drink myself into a stupor and pass the fuck out. deal with an awful hangover tomorrow.

notevenloss
Site Admin

Post by notevenloss » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:21 am

Thanks, I'll tell him you said so if I see him again. He was only half joking, although he wasn't sure if he was likely to do so now. Before he probably wouldn't have hesitated to tell the guy he was missing out on something good. He still felt that way a lot of the time but there was a glaringly obvious difference that made everything weird now.

Aviel rolled his eyes and smacked his lips at him. "Hell no," he said loudly. I'm not letting my friend get drunk on a Friday night alone. That's pathetic, man. And I'm not doing anything tomorrow so, no, no early morning for me. He gave him a pointed look, waiting for what he had to say.

notevenloss
Site Admin

Post by notevenloss » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:21 am

Kael smirked as he read the response and saw the look he was receiving from Aviel.

it hasn't stopped you any of the other times i've done it while you've known me.

Finishing his first burger, Kael looked up again before focusing on his phone once more and typing.

whatever. get drunk with me then?

notevenloss
Site Admin

Post by notevenloss » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:22 am

still

It was the principal of the thing.

The question made him pause. That kind of solved the issue then, huh? He hadn't gotten properly drunk since even before he got laid. He was honestly not entirely sure what sort of reaction he'd have. But it was pathetic to drink alone..and he was a good friend like that.

Yeah, OK. Haven't since.. He waved a hand at his head, scooting up and off the bed. "Be right back." It didn't take long to realize his friend had taken the booze along with any perishable food, not that he blamed her. He wasn't going to be home for months.

Eventually, though, he did find a half a bottle of rum and tequila in the bottom drawer next to the dishwasher. He had no idea when he'd gotten it-maybe it was Mi--

Actually, getting drunk sounded fantastic now that he thought about it.

He flopped down on his bed, narrowly hitting the computer, and waved his findings at the webcam.

notevenloss
Site Admin

Post by notevenloss » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:22 am

Kael nodded. you don't have to. He watched Aviel leave the room, then packed up his remaining food and left the McDonald's he was in. Glancing at the phone occasionally, he walked until he found a liquor store and bought some rum. He then used his Uber app to get a ride back to the hotel. It was sometime during all of this that Aviel came back.

He smiled at the camera on his phone, then got in the Uber car and said hello to the driver.

i'm headed back to my hotel. let me call you on my laptop when i get to my room?

notevenloss
Site Admin

Post by notevenloss » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:29 am

Aviel huffed at the news that he had to wait, but the man hadn't been at his hotel room already, so it made sense. "K." He waved at him, clicking the Skype call off. He shoved his laptop off to the side and inspected the drinks. Sniffing the tequila, he decided he'd leave that for when he couldn't taste anymore.

Leaning back against his pillows, he waited for Kael to call him. When he finally did, he smiled and accepted the call.

notevenloss
Site Admin

Post by notevenloss » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:32 am

Aviel huffed at the news that he had to wait, but the man hadn't been at his hotel room already, so it made sense. "K." He waved at him, clicking the Skype call off. He shoved his laptop off to the side and inspected the drinks. Sniffing the tequila, he decided he'd leave that for when he couldn't taste anymore.

Leaning back against his pillows, he waited for Kael to call him. When he finally did, he smiled and accepted the call.

notevenloss
Site Admin

Post by notevenloss » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:32 am

Kael made it back to his hotel soon enough. He ate on the ride there, and when he arrived, he went to his room. The trash was thrown away and the bottle of alcohol set on the desk. He sent Aviel a text saying he was going to take a quick shower and change, and once he'd done all of that, he settled in bed with the television on.

Turning on his computer, he waited for Skype to sign on. Once it had, he immediately called Avi. His call was accepted quickly, and he smiled at his camera.

sorry about the wait...

notevenloss
Site Admin

Post by notevenloss » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:33 am

He shrugged, absently tugging at his hair band, and picking up his hair again properly. So, anything you want to toast to? Not that they needed an excuse, but he didn't just want to see who got drunk fastest.

Which was probably going to be him, really, since he hadn't just eaten, and he was a bit of a light weight when he didn't have a full meal before drinking. Whatcha get?

notevenloss
Site Admin

hmm... idk.

Kael wasn't very good at coming up with things to toast to. He had set a cup of ice and a soda on the nightstand beside the alcohol, and when he saw the question of what he'd gotten, he held the bottle of rum so Aviel could see the label. It was a vanilla rum, one of his favorites when he wasn't drinking whisky.

and dr.pepper. what about you?

notevenloss
Site Admin

He wasn't entirely sure what to toast to either so he shrugged in response. World peace? Oh I know, we can toast to new neighbors? He gave the camera a cheeky grin.

Aviel squinted to read the label and gave him a thumbs up. Not a horrible choice. His own pickings were slim but he didn't hate the rum. He held them both up so he could see them. The rum was a coffee flavored Brinley and the tequila was just standard cuervo brand.

Taking the cap off, he smelled the rum, never having tasted it before. Think these were left over from some party. He finally sipped it, nodding in satisfaction.

notevenloss
Site Admin

Post by notevenloss » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:34 am

The grin made Kael smirk, and the response he read had him rolling his eyes. i guess that'd work as well as anything else.

He nodded at the dirnks held up, wrinkling his nose a bit. tequila? disgusting.

Kael made a mixed drink, stirring it with a coffee stirrer before sipping it.

we should play a game. 21 questions or some shit. idfk.

notevenloss
Site Admin

Post by notevenloss » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:34 am

It's the only thing I could find, friend cleaned me out while I was gone. Don't like it either. Especially coming back up. Aviel sipped a bit of the coffee rum as Kael made his drink.

At the suggested game, he grinned at the idea, and nodded. I'm down. Who first?

notevenloss
Site Admin

Post by notevenloss » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:35 am

Kael shrugged.

doesn't matter to me. but we can ask anything, right? and we have to answer honestly?

He settled back against his pillows, sipping his drink and studying the other through the computer screen.