[jay & marz] My Heart and Lute [18+]

Messy housemates, long hours in the office and nights soaked in alcohol. A friendly hook-up at a bar or dinner with a blind date. Any other slice-of-life roleplays go here.
Forum rules
All roleplay posts must be at least twelve sentences long (about two paragraphs) and have a rating in the title.

Suggested Ratings:

G: Open to everyone
PG-13: 13 years old and up
R: 15 years old and up
NC-17/18+: Restricted to Adults ONLY

Viewer discretion is advised
Board Rules apply in all forums.
notevenloss
Site Admin

Re: [jay & marz] My Heart and Lute [18+]

Post by notevenloss » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:48 am

Kael laughed. Don't worry, all legal ages. I'm not one for jailbait. At the offer, he looked up, seeming surprised that Aviel offered to show him around. I'd like that. It beats trying to find shit on your own. Maybe this weekend, if you aren't working? I work until 5 every week day, but I usually don't get home until 6:30 or 7:00, and that's probably too late to really get to look around.

He studied Aviel briefly. He was definitely attractive, though Kael wasn't looking for anything. Friends were always a good thing, though, and maybe he could talk to Aviel about being paid to dogsit next time he had to go traveling for his real job.They were both "real" jobs, but he considered the sound mixing his "real" job and his call center job just a way to earn some extra cash.

Maybe you should try it again sometime. He smirked as he was told the other wanted a soda. He put out the roach, too small for them to hold now, and dropped it in the ashtray he left outside. Come on in. It's fucking cold. Getting up, he went to the door and opened it. His dogs squeezed through the opening first, and he motioned for Aviel to go in, as well.
"Marla's philosophy of life, she told me, is that she can die at any moment.
The tragedy of her life is that she doesn't."

notevenloss
Site Admin

Post by notevenloss » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:48 am

Aviel shrugged. "If you say so," he responded, throwing him a smile so he knew he was just kidding. Aviel had been there before, had been the younger one of a pair, and he was pretty sure he'd made it damn hard for anyone to resist him when he got it in his head that he wanted someone older than him. Truth be told, he was smart enough to know when it wasn't right, though.

He nodded at his schedule, thinking about his own. "Um. I've got work till 5 on weekdays, too. And classes on Saturday mornings and afternoons. Sunday?" He glanced over in the direction of his apartment when the other man mentioned going inside. He chewed his lip and nodded before moving over to follow him.

"I don't have classes tomorrow, since they don't start till next week, but uh..need to do groceries," he said, making a face at the thought. He had other things to do too, considering he hadn't been in his apartment in months. Honestly, he didn't look forward to it.

notevenloss
Site Admin

Post by notevenloss » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:49 am

He nodded at the question, and once they were in the apartment, he wrote on the notepad since it could be seen now, thanks to the lights. What kind of classes are on Saturdays? I've never heard of that. Next Sunday is good, though. He smiled, leaving the notebook and pouring two sodas over ice. He held one out to Aviel, then sipped his own.

I didn't think to ask if you wanted rum in it... maybe next time. So, can I get your number? Well, that sounded pretty straightforward. You're the only friend I have in the city, and I'm not sure I'd consider you a friend just yet, but it'd be nice to talk to you.

notevenloss
Site Admin

Post by notevenloss » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:50 am

Aviel looked around for a moment, taking the place in, before sitting down on the couch. It was warmer inside so he unzipped his jacket and focused on one of the dogs when it came to sit between his legs. He pet the animal, leaning over to read what Kael wrote absently.

"Sign Language classes," he explained. "Usually I'd work Saturdays too, but the only classes I could get were Saturday for the next two months since the others are full." He was sort of just jumping in the middle of a new class of adults, considering he hadn't been able to start a few months ago.

Aviel took the glass, mumbling a quiet thanks, and sipped the soda. He skritched the second dog who came over to sniff him some more behind the ears as Kael wrote. His eyebrows rose at the question but he didn't think too much of it.

"Sure." He relayed his number, sipping on his drink after.

notevenloss
Site Admin

Post by notevenloss » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:50 am

Ah. That made sense. When he came back over with the drinks, he wrote again. Maybe you can teach me what you learn in those classes. That way I'd have more than one way to communicate with you. He drank more of his soda before entering the number into his phone, then sending a text to Aviel's phone so he'd have his number.

Text me anytime...though I do leave the country pretty often, I'll always get back to you ASAP. You can add me on Facebook, too, if you have that. By the way, the one on your right is Chelsea, and the other is Sebastian. They're attention whores, but if you ignore them, they'll get bored and lay down.

notevenloss
Site Admin

Post by notevenloss » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:51 am

He didn't bother to hide his surprise at that. He wasn't even inclined to learn sign language, so why would Kael be? "Sure. Although, I'll probably suck at it." He didn't even know the alphabet, considering it hadn't been something he ever thought about.

He glanced at the notepad again, nodding. "I never go on mine. And they're cute. Never had pets." He smiled at the dogs.

notevenloss
Site Admin

Post by notevenloss » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:51 am

He laughed as Aviel said he'd probably suck at sign language. Maybe I'll take a few classes myself. He was always one to learn something new, and maybe this would give him a break from his dull daily routine. Is there any social media you use?

At the mention of the dogs being cute, he waved it off. They think because they're cute they can have their way. If you're good with them, I might try to talk you into dog-sitting. Get paid to stay here and take care of them of the evenings. They're kennel trained, but still need to be walked and shit. I can't always take them with me, and I don't like boarding them.

notevenloss
Site Admin

Post by notevenloss » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:52 am

"Up to you," he said with a shrug. "I don't even know anyone who knows it." He snorted to himself. He'd heard of a kid in middle school once who was hard of hearing or something but he didn't even remember his name or face. Probably never spoke to him.

He smiled at his comment. Sipping about half of soda, Aviel looked down at the dogs. "Well, I have major hospital bills to pay. I probably won't say no," he informed him.

notevenloss
Site Admin

Post by notevenloss » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:53 am

I know the alphabet? Or most of it. And 'I love you' because it's the most well-known sign ever, I think. He smirked and held up the "I love you" sign. Surely you know it. When Aviel said he probably wouldn't say no to watching the dogs, he grinned.

You would have to stay in my apartment at night, but there's a spare room if you don't want to sleep in my room. And I'd pay you well because these little shits are my babies, and I only want the best care for them when I can't be here myself. He drank more of his soda before setting it down and picking up Chelsea, wrinkling his nose after she licked it.

notevenloss
Site Admin

Post by notevenloss » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:53 am

Aviel just snorted at his writing. He didn't know anything, no, so he shook his head in answer. "I know this one," he mentioned, sticking out his middle finger, and throwing the other guy a smirk. He huffed after a second, though. "Never thought about it, honestly. Don't even know anyone who's deaf."

His eyebrows furrowed but he shrugged eventually. That didn't sound too bad, to be honest. He made enough to pay for things with his job but the surgeries and after care hadn't been covered by his parent's health insurance. He'd used his savings to pay the rent and only had a chunk of it left over now. He was certainly not in any risk of living on the streets but he could definitely use a little extra money again.

notevenloss
Site Admin

Post by notevenloss » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:54 am

Kael laughed at the answer he received, grinning at Aviel. Avi's got jokes, he wrote. Good to see your sense of humor is still intact. My cousin is deaf, but she reads lips mostly. Did they say you're eligible for like, a cochlear implant or anything like that? He couldn't help but be curious.

He set his dog down before taking another sip of soda. He thought for a moment, tapping his pen absently. What do you do for fun around here? It seems kind of...depressing.

notevenloss
Site Admin

Post by notevenloss » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:55 am

Aviel smiled, probably one of the few times since the accident, and shrugged. The guy had walked right into it and he wasn't one to pass a good opportunity. He chewed his lip at his question once he read it.

"No. Had to do sur-geries," he explained, reaching up to rub his ear that got the most damage. He was missing a little bit of the tip too, from damage in that side. "It could have been possible with my left ear but I g-ot an infection. Had a 90% chance of it happening again and my bo-body." He cleared his throat." Rej-jecting it." He looked down at table self consciously, pretty sure his volume was all over the place considering he could only make out some of the vibration.

His eyebrows rose as he wrote and he petted the dog closest who rubbed itself against his leg. When he read his message, he snorted. "Normal stuff. What do you like to do?"

notevenloss
Site Admin

Post by notevenloss » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:55 am

Kael listened, nodding a bit. "That sucks, man," he said only to remember Aviel couldn't...hear him. That really sucks, he wrote down afterward. He watched the other, then reached out and mussed Aviel's hair lightly.

At the question, he shrugged. I travel. My real job has me traveling all over the world. I'm just here for a little while, working at a call center. By the time I get home from that, I just play with the dogs and veg out on TV. I'm only here when I'm not traveling.

notevenloss
Site Admin

Post by notevenloss » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:56 am

Aviel's eyebrows furrowed, having an idea of what Kael said, but not entirely sure since he hadn't been looking at his mouth. He could decipher his sympathy from his expression though. He'd gotten a lot of it over the past few months.

He shrugged in response when he read it on paper. The hand to his hair had him ducking his head automatically but considering he'd been craving friendly attention he didn't mins. He couldn't wait to get back to his friends, to be honest, even if there would be a huge gap.

He watched him writing when he shrugged and looked down when he was done with interest. Working at a call center was probably stressful, although he hadn't mentioned what else he did. Aviel raised an eyebrow. "What's your real job?" It sounded nice, though, to be able to travel for work.

notevenloss
Site Admin

Post by notevenloss » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:56 am

Kael grinned. I'm an FOH engineer, he wrote. I mix the audio for concerts to make it sound better for the audience. I've worked with tons of bands. It's what I love to do most. Which didn't explain why he was here, although he supposed that Aviel would guess it was his down time. He had to have somewhere to live when he wasn't on the road, right?

Did you ever want to travel? Or do you have any pets? Family?

notevenloss
Site Admin

Post by notevenloss » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:57 am

Aviel tilted his head as he read what he wrote. It took a second for him to decipher what FOH meant until he read the DJ part and smiled slightly in realization. "Oh wow. That's cool." It sent a bit of a churn in his stomach because next to poetry he loved music. And h couldn't hear it anymore.

He pushed those thoughts away though and focused on the questions written for him.

"No pets," he said. "I went to NY with family before. Just got mom and dad." He shrugged. "Grandpa died a f-few years back. You?"

notevenloss
Site Admin

Post by notevenloss » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:58 am

He nodded. How did you like New York? And don't you get lonely without anything living with you? Not even fish? At the mention of his grandfather, he frowned. Sorry.

Kael was quiet for a few moments before sighing. My parents died a few months ago in a house fire. I was supposed to be there, but my flight was delayed. He tapped his pencil a couple of times before standing and going to the fridge. He brought out two beers, but before handing one to Aviel, he wrote again. You've gotta go back to your apartment normally when you go. Not over the railings. Deal?

notevenloss
Site Admin

Post by notevenloss » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:58 am

Aviel shrugged. "Sometimes." He was used to having someone over though. Specifically one someone, who was like an overgrown puppy. Not happening anymore though.

He smiled a tiny bit, thinking of NY. "Was pretty," he said voice, low. "Wanna go back sometime." He cleared his throat and reached out to pet the nearest dog when it came over to nudge his knee.

At the mention of his parents, Aviel's eyes widened, and he looked up from the notebook just as Kael was getting up. "M'sorry." He couldnt imagine losing his parents, even if they were ridiculous as any parents were sometimes.

He took the offered beer, nodding in thanks, and took a sip as he looked down to read what he wrote. "K."

notevenloss
Site Admin

Post by notevenloss » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:59 am

He nodded when Aviel said sometimes he got lonely. Well, you can text me whenever. And come over sometimes, if you want.

The way Aviel looked at him made him sigh before going and getting the beer. When he returned, he wrote again. It's okay.I'm still dealing with it, but it's something that can't be changed.

He took a seat. Want to watch a movie or something? We can use subtitles.

notevenloss
Site Admin

Post by notevenloss » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:59 am

Kael was nicer than he anticipated, to be honest. He was used to a certain amount of politeness but the guy was pretty mellow and willing to open his space to him. Aviel was a little surprised. He smiled slightly. "Same."

He nodded a little in understanding, letting the subject drop, and looked back down to read Kael's question. "Sure. I'm not picky," he said. He hadn't watched a lot of tv recently, to be honest, and hadn't bothered to put subtitles on his TV yet. It seemed pointless anyway. Half the time it was jumbled and wrong except online.

notevenloss
Site Admin

Post by notevenloss » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:00 am

I use subtitles even when I don't need to. I got used to subbing everything I watched with my job. He smiled and propped his feet on the coffee table. The two dogs got on the couch with them, and he rolled his eyes. Normally he would have told them to get down...but tonight wasn't such a normal night anyway.

Netflix? Kael asked, turning on the television and pulling up Netflix. Give me a genre and I'll find two movies for you to pick between.

notevenloss
Site Admin

Post by notevenloss » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:01 am

Aviel nodded quietly and smiled at the dogs when they got up. One of them, Chelsea he remembered, flopped out over his lap. Aviel made a face at the note Kael wrote as he petted her and rubbed her side.

"Why'd I gotta pick?" He nudged his shoulder with his elbow. "Comedy."

notevenloss
Site Admin

Kael laughed. Because I said so, and I'm older and you're the guest. Guests always choose, he wrote, only sort of joking. He nodded at the genre decided upon and looked through what was offered. "Hmm...." AFter a moment of looking, he wrote again.

The Truman Show or Shanghai Knights? He shrugged, looking to Avi before writing again. Or I can choose two more.

notevenloss
Site Admin

Aviel made a face at his logic and didn't reply except to flip him off. He didn't exactly feel like arguing about something so trivial so he just waited for him to look through the choices and write

Truth be told it was a bit tedious to wait for him to write but he was too lazy to grab his phone and come back. He bit his lip at the options before pointing at the first. He'd seen it enough to not feel like he was missing out with only subtitles but not enough that it'd be boring either.

notevenloss
Site Admin

When Aviel picked, Kale nodded. Good choice, my man. It's one of my favorites. He looked up The Truman Show and started it before patting the couch beside him. He was exhausted, and part of him wanted to just go to bed, but...it was nice having someone around. He didn't want to lose that just yet. Thank god tomorrow was saturday and he wasn't scheduled to work. That meant sleeping in (after walking the dogs) and getting chores done. The life of an adult. But sleeping...that was good.