[jay & marz] My Heart and Lute [18+]

Messy housemates, long hours in the office and nights soaked in alcohol. A friendly hook-up at a bar or dinner with a blind date. Any other slice-of-life roleplays go here.
Forum rules
All roleplay posts must be at least twelve sentences long (about two paragraphs) and have a rating in the title.

Suggested Ratings:

G: Open to everyone
PG-13: 13 years old and up
R: 15 years old and up
NC-17/18+: Restricted to Adults ONLY

Viewer discretion is advised
Board Rules apply in all forums.
notevenloss
Site Admin

Re: [jay & marz] My Heart and Lute [18+]

Post by notevenloss » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:35 am

Kael shrugged.

doesn't matter to me. but we can ask anything, right? and we have to answer honestly?

He settled back against his pillows, sipping his drink and studying the other through the computer screen.
"Marla's philosophy of life, she told me, is that she can die at any moment.
The tragedy of her life is that she doesn't."

notevenloss
Site Admin

Post by notevenloss » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:35 am

He'd done plenty of this in college, enough to be an expert, but it was different with just two people. Less likely to be as embarrassing, though, he supposed. Kael wasn't about to gossip.

Settling the bottle in the gap his crossed legs made, he typed.

Yeah. Whoever doesn't answer, owes the other a favor. Usually you'd drink but we'll drink anyway..

Top Profile

notevenloss
Site Admin

Post by notevenloss » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:36 am

sounds good to me. Kael smirked at the screen. so let's get this shit started. you can ask the first question.

He couldn't help but wonder where this would go. It could be innocent, or it could get very dirty. Kael doubted that Aviel would ask him anything too embarrassing, but even if he did, he would try to answer. However... he did wonder what kind of favors Aviel would ask for.

notevenloss
Site Admin

Post by notevenloss » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:36 am

Aviel didn't really need to think long for a question. He was nosy, always thinking of questions he could ask someone. Generally, he didn't hesitate to ask them, either. They hadn't known each other too long though.

If you weren't a musician, what do you think you'd do?

notevenloss
Site Admin

Post by notevenloss » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:38 am

i'm not technically a musician. i mean, i can play instruments and people say i can sing, but i don't play concerts or anything. i just do it for fun. i do the sound and shit for concerts and can mix albums and stuff... but if i didn't do that...

Kael was quiet, pondering the question.

i'd probably be a translator or something. i thought about being a flight attendant, but people are always really fucking rude about my ethnicity and shit. think i'm a terrorist. but i'd want something that'd let me travel. that call center job i work when i'm not doing this would NOT be what i did with my life.

He took a drink, trying to decide what to ask himself.

if you could have one superpower, what would it be and why?

notevenloss
Site Admin

Post by notevenloss » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:39 am

He rolled his eyes, letting out a huff, and stared at the other man. You are but whatever. Kael gave all the reasons on why he was a musician when saying he wasn't. As far as he was concerns, Aviel thought he was. And plenty probably agreed.

He snorted. No one wants that to be their life, I don't think.

It was a good answer, anyway. Interesting.

He sipped some of the rum, eyebrows furrowing at his question. I..have no idea..

He thought about it for a long few minutes.

being able to control time? He bit his lips at the why part, taking a gulp of the rum. He sent the camera a hesitant look.

So I can stop it whenever I want. Maybe go back in time.. And maybe stop Mi-

He took another swig. Crap, he was going to get drunk fast.

notevenloss
Site Admin

Post by notevenloss » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:39 am

i'm not. Kael smirked at the camera. He watched Aviel, noting the hesitation and wondering why he looked like that. It was just a question.

At the answer, he nodded. good response. that WOULD be pretty awesome. but you know what they say about the butterfly effect... change even the tiniest thing and rewrite history, and not always in a good way.

notevenloss
Site Admin

Post by notevenloss » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:40 am

Aviel shoved the sadness away as much as possible, sending the computer an amused look. Yeah, I've seen the movie. I don't want to lose my arms, thanks. It's just a thought. And if he had a chance, he'd try anyway, just in case.

There had to be good changes too.

"OK." He tried to think of a question.

What's the weirdest thing you do when you're alone? And don't lie!

notevenloss
Site Admin

Post by notevenloss » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:40 am

Kael smiled a little at the response, taking another drink. The question made him pause. The weirdest thing he did?

i don't know. i'm normally drunk, high, or sleeping when i'm alone. That sounded pathetic, but it was true.

um... watch videos on Best Gore? research serial killers?

Shrugging, Kael took a drink, considering his next question.

you mentioned a dude from the bookstore. are you gay, bi, pan, etc., and how long have you known?

notevenloss
Site Admin

Post by notevenloss » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:41 am

Aviel shook his head. Just means you do even weirder shit! Well, maybe not, but he wasn't getting out of the question.

His answer was lame though. Lame! XP He took another sip of his drink, watching Kael think, and scrolled through tumblr on the other side of the screen.

The question made him blink, since he normally was around people who knew, or let others assumed what they wanted.

That's an easy one! I'm not picky, honestly. I've never dated anyone and knew they were trans though. But pan? Bi? Whichever one is good. If they're cute and wanna play with my hair, I'm down. He smiled.

You?

notevenloss
Site Admin

Post by notevenloss » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:41 am

Kael chuckled as Aviel griped at him and took another drink. At the explanation, he nodded. That made sense. how many guys and girls have you dated? he asked, knowing he was going out of turn but not really caring.

He hesitated at the question, then sighed and typed an answer.

i'm bi. but not many people know that. most think i'm straight. His parents had nearly disowned him when they'd first found out, but they'd eventually come to accept it about him. He still didn't tell many people, though. It wasn't really anyone's business.

notevenloss
Site Admin

Post by notevenloss » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:42 am

Even if Kael didn't care, Aviel wasn't about to let him get another question in. He wasn't drunk yet, so he intended to keep things fair. He shook his head.

Gotta answer me first. He squinted, not sure why Kael was hesitant. He had just admitted to being bi himself. He frowned a little bit. Did he get shit for it? He had great parents, and great friends, so he almost never had issues before. But he knew not everyone was so lucky.

He nodded when he finally answered though.

Cool. I don't usually assume, so you're good with me.

The new question did take a second to answer and he didn't bother to hide that he was counting with his fingers.

"Seven?" He said out loud, voice cracking a bit. He was talking less and less lately, so he tried to forces himself to. It frustrated him to not know what the hell he sounded like. He already forgot his own voice. It was a matter of time before he forgot everyone else's.

three guys, four girls? I think..I dunno if I count what I did in high school as dating He made a face.

notevenloss
Site Admin

Post by notevenloss » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:42 am

Huffing softly as Aviel shut down his attempt to get in an extra question, he answered the other, smiling a bit as the other said he was good with him. His puppies whined then, and he looked down at the floor. He'd taken them on a walk before calling Aviel, but now they wanted up on the bed.

one sec.

He set the computer aside and hauled the dogs up onto the bed with him, spluttering when they attacked his face with slobbery kisses. Fending them off, he picked up his computer and placed it in his lap again.

seven. Not too shabby. how long was your longest relationship? And did you sleep around a lot in high school or something? he asked, smirking at the face Aviel made. Kael couldn't help that he was asking questions out of turn. He'd just keep on doing it, too.

notevenloss
Site Admin

Post by notevenloss » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:43 am

Aviel, of course, didn't hear the puppies. He probably would have said something. But since they were hauled up on the bed a second later and he could see them, he grinned brightly. "Hey guys!" He laughed when they slobbered all over Kael and watched them settle down.

Dude. Aviel stuck his tongue out. Are those your next two questions? So I can ask two, too??

notevenloss
Site Admin

Post by notevenloss » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:44 am

Kael grinned as Aviel laughed and stuck his tongue out at Kael.

i suppose so. we should just play All About Avi. i get to ask you a million questions, and you have to answer them all honestly. like 21 questions, but with only me asking the questions.

He took another drink, frowning when he drained his glass, and made himself another drink. so answer those and then ask yours.

notevenloss
Site Admin

Post by notevenloss » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:44 am

Aviel chortled at his suggestion and it took him a second to type. THAT is called an interrogation

Which was so not fair because he wanted to know things about Kael too. He had to really think about the questions though. Taking another sip, he agreed with a nod.

Longest was 9 months, in college, my last year. And yeah..I slept around. Uh, I didn't realize I was bi till I was like 15 (I think you asked that too...) so I kinda went a little crazy figuring it out. He sent the camera a sheepish look. My parents were busy working and I took advantage of that.

notevenloss
Site Admin

Post by notevenloss » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:45 am

Hearing Aviel laugh made Kael smile. He liked hearing him laugh; it was kind of rare. Snickering himself as Avi explained his high school days, Kael nodded.

how old were you when you first started messing around with people? or the first time you got laid? and did your parents ever find out?

He set his drink aside to pet the dogs absently, watching the computer screen.

also, idc if it's an interrogation. i want to know more about you. you're horribly fascinating.

notevenloss
Site Admin

Post by notevenloss » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:45 am

Clearly, Aviel wasn't allowed to ask any questions. He scoffed at the barrage that Kael threw at him and waved his hand (which was holding the bottle) at the camera.

"Hey!" He protested, quite a bit loudly. "My turn."

He pouted, not answering his questions, although he was tempted to. You're stealing all my questions, you asshole. How old were you when you first got laid? And have you ever had sex with more than one person at a time?

notevenloss
Site Admin

Post by notevenloss » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:46 am

Kael laughed at the sudden outburst, grinning at the pout he received. Aviel was cute when he pouted... Not that he'd say that.

i was 12. He smirked at that, but he was being honest. And yes, twice... Though I was so fucked up one of those times I barely remember it. One of the times was with my girlfriend at the time--who wasn't really my girlfriend at all. She just pretended to be when I was around family and shit. And my boyfriend at the time. There was almost a fourth person, but I didn't want to do that.

notevenloss
Site Admin

Post by notevenloss » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:46 am

Aviel's eyes about popped right out of his head.

"12?!" His voice cracked, almost a squeak, more out of sheer surprise than not hearing himself. He was clearly shocked. He gaped at the computer.

THATS SO YOUNG WTF

Mind still reeling, he shook his head. She was your beard? Nice of her. But seriously..12?!?!?

notevenloss
Site Admin

Post by notevenloss » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:47 am

Kael couldn't help it; he cackled as Aviel gaped at him.

yeah, but that was when i was like... in my 20s. and yes, seriously, 12. to a 17yo girl. she'd just turned 17. my cousin's girlfriend's sister. she thought i was 14 or 15, freaked out when she realized i wasn't.

He shrugged; it was no big deal to him. so that 12, wtf, and 12 are 3 questions... MY TURN TO ASK! or rather, wait on you to answer all my questions.

notevenloss
Site Admin

Post by notevenloss » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:47 am

Aviel both glared and squinted at the camera's circle.

..I don't know whether to be disgusted or impressed..

Both? Both seemed about right. The fact that she was 17 weirded him out a bit but what 12 year old hadn't had similar fantasies? Kael's just actually happened.

He scoffed again. Those werent real questions but whateeever...

He frowned, sipping his rum. ..what were the questions again? Not waiting for a reply he scrolled up to look. Oh.

15, officially 17. And yeaaah. He grimaced. I got outdoor suspension for a month for sucking this guy off under the bleachers..they were OK with the bi thing but NOT the other part. He had been grounded for even longer.

notevenloss
Site Admin

Post by notevenloss » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:48 am

Kael smirked again, then took a drink. be impressed. ...you do realize i've been sexually active almost as long as you've been alive, right? That was a little weird to think about.

you were 17? so pure, he teased him. Chuckling at the explanation about how he was found out, he shook his head. nice. at least they were okay with you being bi, though. when my parents found out, they didn't talk to me for three years. most of the rest of my family still doesn't talk to me because of it.

notevenloss
Site Admin

Post by notevenloss » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:49 am

Aviel's face twisted into something funny as he thought about what he said. Holy shit, that was true. He'd mentioned he was 32 before so if his tipsy math was right, it had been 20 years.

...weird.

The jab made him roll his eyes. I just took my time. He blushed, though it wasn't too obvious with the lamp light. He'd been nervous, truth be told. Eventually though it had happened, once he stuck with someone for more than a week or so. After that, though, he was pretty open to try things with his partners.

Frowning at the mention of his parents, Aviel took another gulp, and wiped his mouth with the back of his hand.

That sucks balls. Sorry, man. They good now or..??

notevenloss
Site Admin

Post by notevenloss » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:49 am

Aviel's face twisted into something funny as he thought about what he said. Holy shit, that was true. He'd mentioned he was 32 before so if his tipsy math was right, it had been 20 years.

...weird.

The jab made him roll his eyes. I just took my time. He blushed, though it wasn't too obvious with the lamp light. He'd been nervous, truth be told. Eventually though it had happened, once he stuck with someone for more than a week or so. After that, though, he was pretty open to try things with his partners.

Frowning at the mention of his parents, Aviel took another gulp, and wiped his mouth with the back of his hand.

That sucks balls. Sorry, man. They good now or..??